Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 02:17 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,670 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
I have an AIM Solo. The good news is that it is now charged very well
Hahaha! Won't work if it's not in or on...

Have fun!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 01-06-2014, 02:19 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,670 Posts

Not for me. Makes me concentrate more on "driving". That said, my C4S and TTS where also PDK. I have grown to love it because I am obsessed with my lap times.
^^This^^

It's a great help to be able to reduce errors and concentrate on the task at hand...
Old 01-06-2014, 02:26 PM
997TTMeteor
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Just heard back from my delaership. Tire Rack has them. The dealer claims they sometimes will hold a few sets for them if supply is limited. Ordered a set.
Nice. Trofeo’s should be OK though if the Michelins are sold out in the future (and interesting to see how they compare to the Cup 2’s). I have friends who run them and I think they get 3-4 full trackdays out of a set (on similar weight cars).
Old 01-06-2014, 02:36 PM
FLM911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 997TTMeteor
Nice. Trofeo’s should be OK though if the Michelins are sold out in the future (and interesting to see how they compare to the Cup 2’s). I have friends who run them and I think they get 3-4 full trackdays out of a set (on similar weight cars).

3 days max on trofeo R's on a 997.2 GT3 is what I used to get (many sets over 18 months). I know 4 is possible but they heat cycle out quickly versus MPSC and then your into balancing cost of a track day versus trying to get one more day out of a set even though you know your not getting the most out of the sessions.

Will be good to see how speeds compare between trofeo and new SC2's as well as no of days they will last (or heat cycles would be a better measure).
Old 01-06-2014, 03:35 PM
997TTMeteor
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FLM911
3 days max on trofeo R's on a 997.2 GT3 is what I used to get (many sets over 18 months). I know 4 is possible but they heat cycle out quickly versus MPSC and then your into balancing cost of a track day versus trying to get one more day out of a set even though you know your not getting the most out of the sessions.

Will be good to see how speeds compare between trofeo and new SC2's as well as no of days they will last (or heat cycles would be a better measure).
Good to know. I’ve never tried Trofeo’s. Ran Cups for years then switched to Hoosiers, but I have a friend who ran Trofeo’s on his 3.8 RS and I think he preferred them to the old cups.

Anyway, let’s hope the Cup 2’s perform as advertised by Michelin – faster and longer lasting.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:48 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats Sam, so you traded the TTS in on the GT3? You going to DD the GT3?
Old 01-06-2014, 04:06 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ajag
Congrats Sam, so you traded the TTS in on the GT3? You going to DD the GT3?
Yes, the TTS is gone. I will DD the 3 but to a lesser extent, mainly because of the softer tires on it and the alignment setting. On Saturday, we put 2'30" negative camber to the front but this led to a huge caster gain, causing poor turn in and rubbing. Apparently, unlike the 997, there is no additional caster hole to pull it back, so my mechanic is working on additional options as I don't really want to use adjustable steel bushings (the easiest correction) on the street.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:23 AM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

I'll see if I can come out Saturday to let my "old" RS play with your new GT3. Please don't make me buy one.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:13 AM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Received 704 Likes on 282 Posts

Yes, the TTS is gone. I will DD the 3 but to a lesser extent, mainly because of the softer tires on it and the alignment setting.
I wouldn't worry much about wear. I'm running Dunlop Sport Maxx Race on my DD at -2.5, and all wear is on the outside from infrequent competition- the inside doesn't even balance it out despite some effort. I also doubt I'm even getting them warm enough to heat cycle. Guessing but I'd expect the MPSC2s is similar.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:49 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Sam could you tell me how much a set of MPSC2 for the 91 GT3 ran to? Im just about to export and order from Tirerack to NZ. Ive gone for Super Sports for a 4000 mile journey which includes 4 brand new to me tracks (600 track miles). As these are brand new tracks and car to me (when it arrives from Europe) I wont be going more than 7/10ths. However if MPSC2 are reasonable they could be an option...

Please also let us know your final settings and then how you get on with them...

Great thread by the way...
Old 01-07-2014, 07:32 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by kyrocks
I'll see if I can come out Saturday to let my "old" RS play with your new GT3. Please don't make me buy one.
It should be a great day as it is forecast to be around 60! When I went it was low 40s and the manual says to not use the current tires below 44 and to put snow tires instead!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Petevb
I wouldn't worry much about wear. I'm running Dunlop Sport Maxx Race on my DD at -2.5, and all wear is on the outside from infrequent competition- the inside doesn't even balance it out despite some effort. I also doubt I'm even getting them warm enough to heat cycle. Guessing but I'd expect the MPSC2s is similar.
Good to know, thanks.

Originally Posted by Macca
Sam could you tell me how much a set of MPSC2 for the 91 GT3 ran to? Im just about to export and order from Tirerack to NZ. Ive gone for Super Sports for a 4000 mile journey which includes 4 brand new to me tracks (600 track miles). As these are brand new tracks and car to me (when it arrives from Europe) I wont be going more than 7/10ths. However if MPSC2 are reasonable they could be an option...

Please also let us know your final settings and then how you get on with them...

Great thread by the way...
Hello Macca, and glad you are back home safe. I will get this info shortly. The car is promised for tonight (getting Xpel film applied as well, and wrapping the mirrors/winglets in red). My plan is to track Saturday and see what kind of grip and tread wear I get.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:22 AM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 342 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Bring the fiat!
Old 01-07-2014, 11:11 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by ranger22
Bring the fiat!
Oh yeah, would love that!!
Old 01-07-2014, 01:46 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by Macca
Sam could you tell me how much a set of MPSC2 for the 91 GT3 ran to?
List price MSC2:

Fronts: 245/35 20: $521 each
Rears: 305/30 20: $572 each
Old 01-07-2014, 03:21 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks Sam.Much appreciated. Very interesting. That's about $800 USD a set more than the Super Sports. I think Ill try the Super Sports and see how that goes. Not as good on the track but they will take up the road miles better.

Quick Reply: On track. My review and video.