AIM Solo in a 991 GT3 - Forget about the OBDII Cable Connection

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 01:22 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,833 Likes on 1,670 Posts
Default New firmware to correct SCHD's friction circles when hung upside down

There is now an updated SmartyCam HD firmware file 01.03.52 that will allow the camera to show the correct lateral axis on the friction circle on the video for your cars.

This is a direct result of concerns expressed when the bug was found. This affects 991 and 991 GT3 as well as Viper installations that use the RAM suction cup mount to hang the camera from the roof and rear glass.

Directions on how to do this as well as the file are here: http://www.aim-sportline.com/eng/download/firmware.htm

​If I can help you further with your AiM products, please let me know.

I very much appreciate all the referrals for new equipment purchases, as well.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 10-23-2015, 02:41 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,148 Likes on 566 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
There is now an updated SmartyCam HD firmware file 01.03.52 that will allow the camera to show the correct lateral axis on the friction circle on the video for your cars.

This is a direct result of concerns expressed when the bug was found. This affects 991 and 991 GT3 as well as Viper installations that use the RAM suction cup mount to hang the camera from the roof and rear glass.

Directions on how to do this as well as the file are here: http://www.aim-sportline.com/eng/download/firmware.htm

​If I can help you further with your AiM products, please let me know.

I very much appreciate all the referrals for new equipment purchases, as well.
Thanks for jumping in here. Does anyone sell pre-made CAN bus cable for AIM Solo for 991 GT3?
Old 03-10-2020, 12:47 PM
srwhitman
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Need help on 991.2 GT3

This thread is back in the 991.1 days. I've got a 991.2 6 speed.
From the manual here: https://www.aimtechnologies.com/supp...11_105_eng.pdf it seems that OBDII doesn't work on a manual tranny car:

>> Please note: this kind of connection works only on cars that feature automatic transmission or PDK.

Is that right?
I downloaded a different file the first time (stupidly didn't test it) and I got nothing (it was the cup car version).

I don't see a 991.2 download and I frankly don't want to have to deal with CAN and splicing in wires, etc. I have 2 cars I use my Solo DL in and really want to just switch fast/clean and use OBDII which is good enough for me.

If that isn't the right ECU download and/or it doesn't work in manual tranny cars, what is?

Thanks,

Scott

Quick Reply: AIM Solo in a 991 GT3 - Forget about the OBDII Cable Connection