Sponsored by:

Bye Bye 991 TTS, welcome GT3

Old 01-04-2014, 03:50 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by reidry
Sam,

Would you mind sharing the part numbers for the LED side markers?

Thx

Ryan
Sure. Right: 991 631 256 05. Left: 991 631 255 05. Funny, they just called me telling me the right one is here too!

Originally Posted by 911rox
Sam, regarding tyre pressures, on the 997.2 with MPSCs I found 32f/35r to work well...once they got north of 33/36 they got greasy and were all over the place... Trofeo have to be run even lower...
Thanks. I went to the track today (review and video coming, if I figure out how to upload the latter). I got them to 30/32 and it felt that I was off by a little. I will go up incrementally and see.

Originally Posted by 991 3Turbo
Sam-----I would be very interested in your personal opinion of the LED headlights vs Xenons after you have driven in the dark for a while. Please keep us posted. Are they really that much better?
I had Xenons on the C4S that I drove for 17,000 miles, then LED on the last two. I find no discernible difference. Yes, the LEDs are a bit brighter but the Xenons are bright enough.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:13 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Hello Mike,
I ordered the clear LED markers from my local dealership 8 weeks ago, as soon as I got my TTS. They submit the order and two weeks later, the left shows up but the right never showed a status in their system until last week, and is now expected to arrive next week. Parts people were baffled that their system showed several left ones but not right, until now. I figured no-one will notice the discrepancy on the car (until I posted here!) so I drove the TTS and now the GT3 with non-matching side markers.
Sam
Thanks Sam, I'll check with Suncoast and my dealer.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:45 PM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Received 704 Likes on 282 Posts

Thanks. I went to the track today (review and video coming, if I figure out how to upload the latter).
Outstanding. Looking forward to it.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:10 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Are these LED clear side markers GT3 specific? Will they also fit non GT 991's??

I just got clear corners from Sunset. Different part numbers and not LED.

TIA.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:34 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Are these LED clear side markers GT3 specific? Will they also fit non GT 991's??

I just got clear corners from Sunset. Different part numbers and not LED.

TIA.
I believe the new LED side markers are now standard on the GT3 and Turbo models, while the incandescent ones still come on the rest of the model lines. However, according to the Suncoast web site (which has the amber LED upgrade in stock with clear on the way), the LED markers can be retrofit to all 2013/2014+ 911s, Boxsters, and Caymans.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...EXTERIORLIGHTS
Old 01-04-2014, 07:53 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

^thank you, Mike! More stuff for me to order from Sunset.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:40 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,184 Likes on 629 Posts

Sam,

Love the car, love the red carbon fiber. Did you put the red carbon fiber on the metal trim piece on the interior door? Can you please post a picture of that? If didn't put carbon fiber there, can you post a picture of the dash that includes the trim on the door?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-04-2014, 11:49 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by Drifting
Sam,

Love the car, love the red carbon fiber. Did you put the red carbon fiber on the metal trim piece on the interior door? Can you please post a picture of that? If didn't put carbon fiber there, can you post a picture of the dash that includes the trim on the door?

Thanks in advance
I didn't. I wanted to but wasn't sure they could do it. This is why I ordered leather trim, knowing I would sacrifice the leather trim that's on the console but didn't want to have red CF on console clashing with aluminum look trim on doors, so my doors look like full leather/alcantara. There is a small plastic insert under the door handles; I sent those to be covered in red CF, along with the clock cover.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:51 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by Petevb
Outstanding. Looking forward to it.
Having trouble uploading the video to the forum, youtube and vimeo. I don't upload videos so if anyone has advice on what issue may be causing the error, would love to hear it. It's a go pro shoot, 1080 HD video saved in iPhoto and am using a Mac.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:22 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,184 Likes on 629 Posts

I didn't. I wanted to but wasn't sure they could do it. This is why I ordered leather trim, knowing I would sacrifice the leather trim that's on the console but didn't want to have red CF on console clashing with aluminum look trim on doors, so my doors look like full leather/alcantara. There is a small plastic insert under the door handles; I sent those to be covered in red CF, along with the clock cover.
Ah, great minds think alike :-)

I like red stitching on the GT3. However, when you spec red stitching, the doors end up with 4 different colors and fabrics, (Black leather, red stitching, grey alcantara, and the aluminum long trim piece), and those 4 colors/textures are too busy IMHO. I would prefer to only replace the long aluminum door trim piece with leather, but you can't do that according to my dealer.
You can order the leather interior trim package, which changes the aluminum trim piece to leather AND also changes the aluminum trim piece along the dashboard to leather.

So I was thinking of ordering the leather interior trim package, and then putting a carbon fiber wrap on over the dashboard/cupholder trim and the center console trim, just as you had done. However, your red carbon fiber wrap takes things to another level. Excellent work thinking of that!

Could you please post a fairly closeup picture of your car, where half of the shot is the door and other half is the the dash/cupholder trim? You've created a masterpiece, that I hope to emulate.

P.S.From your previous posts, it sounds like you just pry these pieces off and then mail them to the guy to cover in CF? How do you reattach them?

Last edited by Drifting; 01-05-2014 at 12:48 AM. Reason: .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bye Bye 991 TTS, welcome GT3