Sponsored by:

GT3 bill of sale from dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 11:33 PM
redlightrich
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts
Default GT3 bill of sale from dealer?

Hello all, I have had my name on the "list" at my local dealer for quite a while. I just received a call saying "my number came up" come in and spec your GT3.

I was also told this would arrive this April. My question is, what exactly do I need to have written on my bill of sale that would prove I am getting an April car, and not leaving a deposit on a car that may be a year or so away?

I would think there is no VIN to supply. Will a VON seal it?
The bill of sale I currently have says "next GT3 available", to which so far they seem on point.

I expect to leave a nice additional deposit, but I have read bad stories, and want to be sure I am getting an April car.

What exactly do I need written on the bill of sale. What is the appropriate order deposit?

Thank you

Rich
Old 12-29-2013, 11:39 PM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Commission number. 10k deposit.
No guarantees on delivery date
Old 12-29-2013, 11:42 PM
green
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!
My car is to be built end feb and delivered early april.
There is nothing written about specific dates in the paperwork I received. There is a V200 (delivery date determined) on the build sheet. You should get a build sheet with the options and an order sheet from the dealer describing the options and specifying the amount car is sold for as well as the deposit you paid. Deposits vary, I paid 5k.
I hope this helps.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:49 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

As has been mentioned, you'll receive a retail Build Sheet that shows all of the options and prices along with a commission number. Once the order is established in Porsche's system, your salesperson should be able to pull a tracking schedule for you which outlines all of the projected critical dates from order lock (when you can no longer make changes to the order) to build dates, ship dates, and arrival date at the dealer. These dates are subject to change but should give you a general idea of when to expect your car. Congrats!
Old 12-29-2013, 11:58 PM
redlightrich
Rennlist Member

Thank you. I now have 2 Porsche related appointments tomorrow. Spec my upcoming GT3 and maybe seal a deal on a 993.

I think this dealer is straight up, as I have bought from their network previously a few times, but the horror from other dealers stories scared me.

I noticed a few people mention rear seats on the GT3? Is this new? The Porsche website does not show this as an option. I thought all were rear seat delete. No choice in this.

Thanks again

Rich
Old 12-30-2013, 12:04 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Some folks are talking about trying to add rear seats after delivery. You're right, they aren't available from Porsche, even as an option.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:31 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by redlightrich
I noticed a few people mention rear seats on the GT3? Is this new? The Porsche website does not show this as an option. I thought all were rear seat delete. No choice in this. Thanks again Rich
This is "THE INTERNET".. It's full of dreamers, hypothesizers, and wishful thinkers.. I wouldnt be surprised if those asking for rear seats in a gt3 were to then suggest a Porsche with four doors and even a Porsche-branded SUV LOL!!!.. Pigs might fly...
Old 12-30-2013, 08:32 PM
redlightrich
Rennlist Member

Hello again all, Just an update, I went into my dealer today, and we spec'd my car, he took my deposit, gave me my paperwork, and said, please be sure of your choices. It will not be subject to change in a few days. It will be here by April.

I didn't add too many options and came in at a tick over 138k for car and options. My cost is at MSRP plus tags, tax and doc fee. So overall seems like a legitimate dealer. They would not discount the GT3 because of demand. I have bought from them in the past though. Now, what to do for the next 4 months?

Thanks for the input. The air cooled search is still on though.

Rich
Old 12-30-2013, 08:39 PM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

Yep mine gave a build sheet and an email with all specifics I gave $5k up front and they want another $5k 30 days prior to cars arrival oh and $2 k over msrp

Quick Reply: GT3 bill of sale from dealer?