Sponsored by:

Order in - Introducing myself

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 02:28 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
It does boggle the mind that "voice control" is not standard. And why is mobile phone prep a free option? Through this process, I have found that the extensive options list is perilous. One small mistake and you could end up very disappointed.
Honestly though, that's just the thoughts when you are considering options. Once you get your car (or even drive another for any length of time) you'll realize that the options are not the reason you're buying it, its the driving experience. And the driving experience overwhelms any option choices because at their heart/soul, Porsche's are fun to drive.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:37 PM
kencollinsjr
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sean: I also live in Atlanta and have a March-May estimated GT3 build date and currently drive a black '08 Audi RS4. We'll have to compare notes and tear up the Atlanta roads sometime.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:19 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
Good point llstuey about freeze date being so far out. I have 3/21 delivery and my freeze date was Dec 9th. I be careful to what these sales guys tell you. You could be getting locked soon based on what we have seen. I would definitely chk on this with your dealer.
Excellent point, silverrules. I was cautioned repeatedly by my salesman that lock dates were subject to unpredictable changes.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:24 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

Thanks for all of the great responses everyone. I am looking forward to meeting atl area gr3'ers. I've seen the schedule for my commission number directly from Porsche. Expected completion is 3/14. I saw it myself. This was a bit of a lucky/ unique situation. Nevertheless I will follow up with my dealer based upon your responses. Thanks all!
Old 12-27-2013, 03:28 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Also... I'd actually like for the lock to happen. I can't stop obsessing over the configurator. At this point I think my heart is set on Basalt, and I am comfortable with the options. Only thing I continue to debate is whether to go with full leather for the red stitching or save the 5k.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:01 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Also... I'd actually like for the lock to happen. I can't stop obsessing over the configurator. At this point I think my heart is set on Basalt, and I am comfortable with the options. Only thing I continue to debate is whether to go with full leather for the red stitching or save the 5k.
Full leather adds a lot to the interior, imo. My car is a Q3 build unless I opt for the RS; then we'll see. Should see the gt3 between Aug/Oct. A couple of us hit the mountains early weekends if interested. Also planning a ToD trip.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:09 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,964 Likes on 915 Posts

I rode in a 991s yesterday without leather. The door plastic wht the plastic strips where the leather was supposed to go felt very cheap.. Like one big plastic molding. I realize the gt3 is a hardcore car, but I feel like the extra $3500 for leather might really be well spent to finish off the area where you spend most of your time enjoying the car of your dreams.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:00 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kencollinsjr
Sean: I also live in Atlanta and have a March-May estimated GT3 build date and currently drive a black '08 Audi RS4. We'll have to compare notes and tear up the Atlanta roads sometime.
Awesome! I'd like to say I'll miss my s4, which is a fabulous car, but I suspect it will be a distant memory very quickly. Looking forward to meeting up.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:13 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sean, I have done a lot of business with Hennessy. You should have NO worries about any commitment they make to you. Allan
Old 12-27-2013, 11:31 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by allans
Sean, I have done a lot of business with Hennessy. You should have NO worries about any commitment they make to you. Allan
Thanks Allan... I'm looking forward to a long and fruitful relationship with them. I can already tell this is not my last purchase from them. I am, however, starting off with a bang :-).
Old 12-30-2013, 10:25 AM
XR4Tim
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congratulations! Get the full leather.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:59 AM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 456 Posts

do the full leather. that's a pretty no-brainer option on almost any 911 as far as I'm concerned...even cayenne actually...makes a HUGE difference.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:46 PM
llstuey
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW i would def get full leather and save yourself a bit by not getting the red stitching. My car is black as well and i think the light stitching is a nice contrast. My order just locked and the last minute options i added were light cleaners in exterior color and the illuminated door sills - have seen couple w/ pics and thought it was a nice touch. But again, if you are thinking of making changes i would def do it ASAP as i think your order will lock any day given the build date.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:48 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by llstuey
FWIW i would def get full leather and save yourself a bit by not getting the red stitching. My car is black as well and i think the light stitching is a nice contrast. My order just locked and the last minute options i added were light cleaners in exterior color and the illuminated door sills - have seen couple w/ pics and thought it was a nice touch. But again, if you are thinking of making changes i would def do it ASAP as i think your order will lock any day given the build date.

Went by my dealer today - still showing a 2/15 lock date. I am in love with the red stitching. If I go full leather I'm going all the way and based on the comments here, full leather it shall be!

I think I'm leaving it as is, but may get LED lights added to the build. I love the halos.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:18 AM
991TurboS
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Went by my dealer today - still showing a 2/15 lock date. I am in love with the red stitching. If I go full leather I'm going all the way and based on the comments here, full leather it shall be!

I think I'm leaving it as is, but may get LED lights added to the build. I love the halos.
I have the LEDs on my '14 TTS, also purchased from Hennessy. You'll love them.

Quick Reply: Order in - Introducing myself