Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

simple Q regarding 991 gt3 order.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 07:31 PM
hs63gt3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default simple Q regarding 991 gt3 order.

hi all.

hope all of rennlist members are enjoying this weekend.

I have a question.

I have been hunting for .2 gt3rs for a while but, the price has been raised ridiculously. I doubt if it really worth.

so, I decided to order 991 gt3 soon as I find a right dealer.

what do you guys expect the delivery period if i order now?

I can wait up to six months, but no sure for longer.

I just wanna know how long I should wait for.

any thought will be appreciated. thank you all.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:46 PM
G car
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

deposit down in june, ordered 15 dec delivery 25 april
Old 12-21-2013, 08:01 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by hs63gt3
hi all.

hope all of rennlist members are enjoying this weekend.

I have a question.

I have been hunting for .2 gt3rs for a while but, the price has been raised ridiculously. I doubt if it really worth.

so, I decided to order 991 gt3 soon as I find a right dealer.

what do you guys expect the delivery period if i order now?

I can wait up to six months, but no sure for longer.

I just wanna know how long I should wait for.

any thought will be appreciated. thank you all.
Hi hs63gt3; your big challenge will be finding a dealer who still has an allocation that hasn't been spoken for yet and will give it to you for anything close to MSRP. As for delivery period, there are people here who placed orders 6 months ago, and deposits up to 2 years ago, who still won't see cars for several months.

Sorry to say, but starting from scratch unless you get lucky or are willing to pay a big premium your chances of getting a new 991 GT3 in 6 months are poor, IMO.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:05 PM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Where do you live?
Old 12-21-2013, 08:08 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

one Rennlist memebr recenly got a allocation but paid $5K over MSRP. I put him in contact with my delaership but the car that was available went to a friend of the delaer's owner. Our dealership only had 4 MY 2014 and they are all sold. You just have to call around. Rumor has it that some dealers charge much more than $5K.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:12 PM
hs63gt3
Instructor

thank you all for the replies.

@ Hoopumpers, I currently live in las vegas area.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:28 PM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You can probably get on a list now and receive a car in 9 months. Doubt sooner without paying over MSRP. Just call a bunch of dealers in cali, nv and zona.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:36 PM
hs63gt3
Instructor

Originally Posted by Hoopumpers
You can probably get on a list now and receive a car in 9 months. Doubt sooner without paying over MSRP. Just call a bunch of dealers in cali, nv and zona.
hm....9 months.

I will try to contact with dealers.

thanks for the info.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:02 AM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

Got really lucky deposit $5k nov
$2k over msrp
April delivery
Called 81 dealers got mine on a call back from a dropped order
Happy.....you betcha
Old 12-22-2013, 10:58 AM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyrek
Got really lucky deposit $5k nov
$2k over msrp
April delivery
Called 81 dealers got mine on a call back from a dropped order
Happy.....you betcha
I'm sure there will be a few folks that grab dropped orders, perhaps even cars that were spec'd and buyers back out at the last minute.

I was late to the party back in June just discovering the new GT3. I hit the phone lines hard and called 30 dealers at increasing distances. At the time the major market dealers had huge waiting lists with deposits in Miami and Tampa as deep as 24 !

I found that the smallest dealerships got either 0 or 1 allocation. Moderate dealerships got 3 or 4 and large dealerships got as many as 14 to 20 (there was only one or two that large). Out of all my phone calls, I found 3 available allocations total. One at $20k over, one at $5k over and one at MSRP. I took the MSRP allocation. All of those allocations are now gone.

At this point you'll have to get on the phone and start calling. If all the speculation about Euro 6 emissions is true then the 991 GT3 production will cease in August 2014. UK dealerships have already been advised by PAG that they should return deposits beyond their current allocation - that allocation was approximately 250 cars for the UK.

Taking all the facts and rumors together, the production numbers for the 991 GT3 could be really low making this car a pretty rare bird. Previously a number of 864 cars was discussed. Could turn out to be the total number of US cars or even the total number of 991 GT3s for North America !

For those late to the party or on the fence about waiting for the RS, if you have the opportunity, I'd grab a 991 GT3 in a heartbeat. Taking into account the Professional Automotive Journalist reviews and the new owner feedback to date the 991 GT3 appears to deliver a truly dual purpose / split personality car with a full motorsport derived, raw, thrilling package that feels equally at home on city streets, twisty canyon roads, and your local track.

To quote another forum member FLM911, "It's here and it's EPIC" !

Ryan
Old 12-22-2013, 11:10 AM
911dev
Drifting

^ please clarify the part about orders ceasing post 8/14 if Euro 6 emissions is passed. Do you mean cars in the states as well? Do you mean cars which are already allocated to dealerships as Q3 and Q4 2014 builds?
Old 12-22-2013, 11:37 AM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 911dev
^ please clarify the part about orders ceasing post 8/14 if Euro 6 emissions is passed. Do you mean cars in the states as well? Do you mean cars which are already allocated to dealerships as Q3 and Q4 2014 builds?
Sure ...

If you follow the Prospective 991 GT3 Owners Discussion thread over on the UK Piston Heads forum, there has been some discussion. A couple of forum members seem to have some insight inside PAG.

To quote Maccca who regularly participates both on Pistonheads and Rennlist from one of his posts here on Rennlist ...

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...l#post10989859

As a point of interest its becoming increasingly likely that the 991 GT3 will complete production before September 2014 and this may be the last GT3 we see of this kind (NA engine etc). 991 RS production is slated to be very short indeed. In the UK RHD market dealers have returned deposits above and beyond the 250 unit allocation they have been given. Its not 100% clear yet but it seems the new Euro Emissions 6 rule which Porsche has signed up to (they were forced along with other german manufactures to when faced with an alternative proposal that saw cars limited in HP and VMax) will essentially kill the NA GT3 concept and at this time Porsche has no answer to that in its future GT range. A few in the know are speculating based on PAG insiders that there will not bet a Gen2 GT3. It seems that could be quite likely. What a shame, but no surprising, as Mike from CA and others have speculated in the last 12 montsh we could see turbo or hybrid in the future but also perhaps a step change game mover with a mid engine platform as basis for motorsport from 2016 onwards...all good for 991 GT3 owners but sad for Porsche enthusiasts as a whole - anyway it hasnt happened yet and is still purely speculation albeit with some input form company insiders....01 Sept 2014 is dealine for production off non compliant Euro Emissions 6 cars. If you think California is tough this new EU legislation is set to essentially bankrupt some smaller manufacturers with compliance and development costs!

and Porsche's 991 Turbo page they state...

The new 911 Turbo models already meet the conditions of the Euro 6 emission standard which will be compulsory for all new petrol-engine cars from September 2015.

http://www.porsche.com/international...ssion-control/

I'm doing some more research on Euro 6, but that's what I know at the moment.

Ryan
Old 12-22-2013, 11:49 AM
911dev
Drifting

^ thank you the quick response. I just started educating myself on this topic. So, USA cars will not be affected by the emission standards, but likely will cease production as a whole? Big question; will Q3 and Q4 2014 USA cars be produced? If passed, Q3 seems likely, but part-Aug factory shut down is right in the middle.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:20 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

^ thank you the quick response. I just started educating myself on this topic. So, USA cars will not be affected by the emission standards, but likely will cease production as a whole? Big question; will Q3 and Q4 2014 USA cars be produced? If passed, Q3 seems likely, but part-Aug factory shut down is right in the middle.
It's only a guess, but if 991 GT3s produced after 8/31/2014 can't be registered in the EU - Porsche will base any continued production on International demand in markets like North America and China. There is still likely enough demand to continue production for at least a partial 2nd model year.

Digging into the Euro 6 regulations a bit, here's some of the technical details...

http://transportpolicy.net/index.php...uty:_Emissions

Looks like the big impact to passenger gasoline cars is the added requirement of a Particulate limit similar to that imposed on diesels. The particulate limit is specified in # / kilometer - probably not good for the 9000 rpm GT3.

Ryan
Old 12-22-2013, 12:49 PM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

... Do you mean cars which are already allocated to dealerships as Q3 and Q4 2014 builds?
911dev - Does your dealer have actual allocations for Q3 and Q4 builds? I'm curious because my dealer has yet to receive firm confirmation on any 2014 allocations.

Quick Reply: simple Q regarding 991 gt3 order.