Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   Cars are on US soil (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/790749-cars-are-on-us-soil.html)

Mike in CA 12-18-2013 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by tmg57 (Post 10988232)
Mike, the red cars look fantastic. Here's mine:
https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...l-img_0169.jpg

OMG. Now that's what I'm talking about! tmg57, you must be thrilled. Massive congrats!

Leilani Rios 12-18-2013 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jaypod (Post 10988049)
Great to see the pics - be sure to post more when you get yours tomorrow.

Apparently the white car is a very good client of GMG's (where the pic is taken) and they just picked it up today.

You answered my question. I should have looked through the rest of the feed. I was asking about the white car being at GMG.

tmg57 12-18-2013 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mike in CA (Post 10988392)
OMG. Now that's what I'm talking about! tmg57, you must be thrilled. Massive congrats!

Thanks, Mike. I can guarantee that you will be happy with your choice. Hope you get to see it soon!

Leilani Rios 12-18-2013 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by tmg57 (Post 10987986)
Just got back from the dealer. It was a real treat to see what are believed to be the first three customer cars to be delivered in the U.S. roll off the truck. (I'm guessing that white car in Cali is a company demo or something). Two reds and a white, all three look great. FLM911 got pics up first so you get the idea. Mine is the red one on the left in the pic that he posted above. Delivery tomorrow!

Congrats to you both. Those black headlights are really growing on me…They look really good.

llstuey 12-19-2013 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by tmg57 (Post 10988412)
Thanks, Mike. I can guarantee that you will be happy with your choice. Hope you get to see it soon!

Looks fantastic. Congrats! These real world color pics are looking better and better in all shades. Downside is it's making it next to impossible for me to have conviction on what color to go with. Love the red with black lights and the satin wheels.

silverrules 12-19-2013 02:09 AM

Mike, the red one is your car. You should go pick it up. At least yours is few days to delivery compared to mine which is 3 months.

MaxLTV 12-19-2013 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by llstuey (Post 10988495)
Looks fantastic. Congrats! These real world color pics are looking better and better in all shades. Downside is it's making it next to impossible for me to have conviction on what color to go with. Love the red with black lights and the satin wheels.

Smart people say that the most difficult decisions to make are often the least important ones because all the choices are either equally good or equally bad. It is the former in this case, so this is one of the cases where you can safely flip a coin or ask a significant other for their opinion.

Mike in CA 12-19-2013 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by silverrules (Post 10988669)
Mike, the red one is your car. You should go pick it up. At least yours is few days to delivery compared to mine which is 3 months.

silverrules, yeah I figure another 3 weeks.

3 weeks....3 months.....it's hard to wait when people are starting to get their cars but our time will come. And there are some really happy RL'ers out there. It's nice to see.... :)

Macca 12-19-2013 04:05 AM

Congrats TMG57! Red looks really sharp and I should think its the best standard offered colour to show the true shape of the car. You will be very happy - interested to read your driving reviews (to see how on US roads they compare with mine in Italy and France).

P.S. The black PDLS should look good on red. Post a front three quarter shot when you get one...

Macca 12-19-2013 04:07 AM

P.S. Why are they still giving you guys different bumpers that the ROW cars (and those orange reflectors - Im guessing you all rip those out and put the clear ones one immediately?).

tmg57 12-19-2013 07:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Macca (Post 10988752)
Congrats TMG57! Red looks really sharp and I should think its the best standard offered colour to show the true shape of the car. You will be very happy - interested to read your driving reviews (to see how on US roads they compare with mine in Italy and France).

P.S. The black PDLS should look good on red. Post a front three quarter shot when you get one...

Thanks, Macca. Here's a pic of the lights.

tmg57 12-19-2013 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Macca (Post 10988755)
P.S. Why are they still giving you guys different bumpers that the ROW cars (and those orange reflectors - Im guessing you all rip those out and put the clear ones one immediately?).

The clear reflectors are on the way from Germany. Actually, the lefts are in stock and the rights are on the way (or vice versa). I looked at one and they are very cool. Maybe I'll ride around with one orange and one clear for a while...:evilgrin:

tmg57 12-19-2013 08:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a couple of shots of the cars being unloaded last night. FLM911's car is in the background of the first pic. The sharp eyed among you may pick out the white car in front of mine in the second picture. That was the fourth car on the truck and it was on it's way to some lucky customer in South Florida.

ECS Tuning 12-19-2013 10:38 AM

Congrats fellas :cheers: Those are some beauts!! Looking forward to reading about your impressions.

PointBy 12-19-2013 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Leilani Rios (Post 10988356)
Is that at GMG Racing? The parking lot looks awfully familiar.

Yeah, that's at GMG. They posted it on their FB page as well.