Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   real life color pics (to help with selection process) (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/788972-real-life-color-pics-to-help-with-selection-process.html)

LateBrake911 12-09-2013 11:15 PM

It's all good in the hood Classy or Jelly Bean. I like the guy who said the wing looks like some cheap add-on from a suburban body shop.. as an after-thought.. The ~silver at LA auto show I saw seemed to carry the classy look well. I think you can go either way with this baby.. Classy Metallic. Jelly Bean fun, or Bad AXE White/Blk w/ Black wheels..

BoxsterG 12-09-2013 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by DrJay (Post 10965351)
Didn't you say you liked Black earlier? ;)

Quote:
"Originally Posted by frayed
Black* to me looks awesome and is still one of my favorite colors.

*When clean. "

Yes but he may be a drug dealer so he would not want to advertise that.

That comment by CAlexio was just too funny. :roflmao:

I love orange and seriously thinking it would be my next color. I guess it says screw you harder. I hope I didn't offend anyone when I suggested I may get this color.

green 12-09-2013 11:18 PM

Agree with Mike.
Sapphire blue is more "alive" and fun. Leave the dark blue for a 750i or a big benz!

silverrules 12-09-2013 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mike in CA (Post 10964294)
And therein lies the rub.....and wash....and wax....and more rubbing....and wash......and rub.....and that's the first 5 days.....;)

Love black but I'm too anal to own it....

LOL Mike. The other option is just to drive it dusty like I do. I probably wash the car once in a blue moon but since it does not sit outside it stays clean but dusty. I get a kick out of it when people remind me that my car is dusty :) I probably waxed it once in last two yrs and yes the swirl marks are there to remind me that I am no longer interested in waxing and washing but rather driving.

silverrules 12-09-2013 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by neanicu (Post 10964346)
You guys can say whatever you want,this car still looks best in white! :) :) ;)

I don't buy cars anymore according to my favorite colors,but according to what looks best in that particular car I'm buying. My 996TT looks best in Silver,my GTS in white and my E46 M3 in Silver Grey with red interior. I love Black,but to me these days I associate it more with " Executive " rather than " Mean looking " and in this particular car,it kind of hides the beautiful lines...

Just my 0.2c...

+1 on white since I ordered white. I take one of each color please.

silverrules 12-09-2013 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by neanicu (Post 10964896)
Mike,if you don't like white,check this out :
PTS?
Eduardo?

I am pretty sure this is the Geyser Grey Metallic. I saw a 911 50 yr anniversary at the dealer last Saturday with this color. I don't think it would look good on Gt3 for me.

DrJay 12-10-2013 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by BoxsterG (Post 10965761)
Quote:
"Originally Posted by frayed
Black* to me looks awesome and is still one of my favorite colors.

*When clean. "

Yes but he may be a drug dealer so he would not want to advertise that.

That comment by CAlexio was just too funny. :roflmao:

I love orange and seriously thinking it would be my next color. I guess it says screw you harder. I hope I didn't offend anyone when I suggested I may get this color.

I like black too, when clean... Is a Dr close enough to being a Drug Dealer than I can drive black? Also, if frayed is in fact a drug dealer, I believe the term is "keeping it on the down low" :D

silverrules 12-10-2013 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by CAlexio (Post 10964338)
Black with black headlights and white tail lights would seem like a deadly color combo IMO.

Alex writes black color=drug dealer and then he writes blk is deadly combo. Alex, this car wont need a lift ibut might not fit the garage space :)

Drifting 12-10-2013 10:15 PM

In the spirit of Alexios----Here's my unrepentant list of GT3 colors demonstrating not who you are, but how you use your GT3-

Black-just want your car to look bad-ass, you wouldn't know what to do on a track, and your GT3 will never see a track, because it would be too damn hard to CLEAN

Silver-car will never see the track, you just wanted a classy safe non-extreme looking 911, but fell for the 911 with most NA power.

Blue-car goes to track 1 day/year so you can claim racing creed, but you've just always bought blue cars since your first toyota corolla came that way.

Skittle/Jelly bean colors (Red/yellow/orange/mexico blue)=true racer, real driver, you track your GT3 and drive your other cars faster than most, you don't care what others think of your color, because they're disappearing in your rear-view

White-all of the skittle color description regarding track time and driving skill, but less of a ****-you attitude to other drivers and their attitudes about your car.
Or you just want a blank canvas for car decals, etc.

TRAKCAR 12-10-2013 10:37 PM

GT3's used to be and should be CUP cars with interiors.
CUP cars are white when parked in the cellar at Porsche.

redleg321 12-10-2013 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by neanicu (Post 10964904)
Still White does it for me.
That's it,I'm done! :)

There's something about a GT3 in pure white that never gets old. At moments you might not find it as exciting as yellows or reds or other crazy bright colors but the PTS and other "skittles" colors wear on the eyes after a while and ultimately the simplicity and purity of a white GT3 is, IMO, the greatest.

silverrules 12-10-2013 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by redleg321 (Post 10968367)
There's something about a GT3 in pure white that never gets old. At moments you might not find it as exciting as yellows or reds or other crazy bright colors but the PTS and other "skittles" colors wear on the eyes after a while and ultimately the simplicity and purity of a white GT3 is, IMO, the greatest.

Amen! Race car's should be white. It looks good on GT3 but not sure about Carrera 991 or in fact the TT. I had a white 997TT but it's did not look on white. The shape of GT3 is designed for white and the reason the GT3 booklet is white ;)

Mike in CA 12-10-2013 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR (Post 10968328)
GT3's used to be and should be CUP cars with interiors.
CUP cars are white when parked in the cellar at Porsche.

So we should all buy white GT3's? Sounds boring and makes me wonder why Porsche bothers to offer other colors. ;) Almost no one races pure white cars. The logical reason for providing white spec race cars is to provide a nice blank slate for graphics, numbers, additional paint etc. and is the reason why white sometimes looks unfinished to me. But that's my own biased POV and doesn't really mean squat.

This the-color-I-like-is-best thing is fun but pointless. Hopefully people are getting the colors they really want on this car, not the ones they think are "safe", the ones they think make them look like real racers, or the ones their peers approve of.

TRAKCAR 12-10-2013 11:46 PM

They got it right with the 996RS. White only.
The 4.0 almost white and black only.

I'll never get bored of seeing virgin white Cup cars or GT3's.
The more I see them together the better they look.

doubleurx 12-10-2013 11:48 PM

No, but whatever you do, don't get red!