Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Real World Owners Feedback?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 11:59 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks Guys. The good news is they put hi under and stabilized him (heat rate and blood pressure more normal although still lungs filling with fluid and suspected internal damage). The bad news is the Medi-vac Jet had to turn around half way from New Caledonia and return due to technical fault. No a Jet has to come from Australia so it will be another 8 hours before hes in a proper hospital. Some bad compound fractures too. Right now things are looking better than 7 hours ago but still not out of the woods yet.

Happy Thanksgiving. And be thankful! Try not to worry about white exhaust steam on cold European morning start up when that pre production example GT3 had been sitting outside overnight LOL!
Old 11-29-2013, 12:03 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

macca, my prayers with your friend.

smoking at start up, leaking sitting around.. WTF is all this drama. just put gas in and step on the gas pedal, ignore all the stupid warning lights and have fun.
Old 11-29-2013, 02:07 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Macca, My prayer for your friend and I am sure he will pull through. Key is to get them to the right hospital which you guys are already doing. Take care Macca!
Old 11-29-2013, 03:23 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,139 Likes on 560 Posts

Macca, sorry to hear about your friend. People are more important than any things or hobbies we have. I don't know how you feel, but I've experienced similar situations, and they just made most of the things I am passionate about seem so small and unimportant that I was ashamed they're even in my head. But when things are back to normal, it's those passions that make us human. Wishing quick and full recovery to your friend.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:28 AM
markow
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Thanks Guys. The good news is they put hi under and stabilized him (heat rate and blood pressure more normal although still lungs filling with fluid and suspected internal damage). The bad news is the Medi-vac Jet had to turn around half way from New Caledonia and return due to technical fault. No a Jet has to come from Australia so it will be another 8 hours before hes in a proper hospital. Some bad compound fractures too. Right now things are looking better than 7 hours ago but still not out of the woods yet.

Happy Thanksgiving. And be thankful! Try not to worry about white exhaust steam on cold European morning start up when that pre production example GT3 had been sitting outside overnight LOL!
macca,
this brought back the bad memories of a car accident we had in a taxi in the KSA a week ago: the taxi got off the highway and rolled over, at 120km/h, no other car involved.
we got out rather unharmed but a little move of the divine dice could have easily gotten us killed.
for the good or bad this annihilated all future cabriolet thoughts for us....
all the best to your friend,
peter
Old 11-29-2013, 07:09 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

cabriolet gt3 eh?... We finally have some good Internet rumors to sink our teeth into
Old 11-29-2013, 07:13 AM
markow
Racer

Originally Posted by CAlexio
cabriolet gt3 eh?... We finally have some good Internet rumors to sink our teeth into
OMG, of course i meant to say that we shall never buy any cabriolet after the accident.
peter
Old 11-29-2013, 07:27 AM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by lamarmotte
Cold start smoke, not normal
Umm, did you mean to type "normal"?? That's condensation being shot out. Completely normal. Any Porsche owner should know this.....

My car does it pretty much every single time I start it. There's a trail of water vapors on the garage floor and exhaust tips. I've checked - it's H20.

Macca, best wishes to your mate.

Last edited by the_vetman; 11-29-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:05 AM
911dev
Drifting

Originally Posted by the_vetman
Umm, did you mean to type "normal"?? That's condensation being shot out. Completely normal. Any Porsche owner should know this.....

My car does it pretty much every single time I start it. There's a trail of water vapors on the garage floor and exhaust tips. I've checked - it's H20.

Macca, best wishes to your mate.
Exactly! So is occasional blue smoke on GT3 start ups.

Another best wish to your friend Macca.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:06 AM
911dev
Drifting

Originally Posted by frayed
Moisture. Let's not be drama queens.

Blue smoke = oil.

Black smoke = fuel.
lol
Old 11-29-2013, 10:49 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 938 Likes on 543 Posts

macca, my kids and I are praying for your friend
Old 11-29-2013, 11:49 AM
TomTomGTA
Intermediate

That would be me that Macca is citing ;-)

First of all, Hello to all of you!! I have been reading the forum for quite some time but decided to post now, you have all made my wait a bit shorter!

BTW Macca all the best to your mate!

The car smokes on startup in cold weather (is even stated in the manual) I thought all Porsche's do that?
It even smokes from the front radiator through the grille in front of the hood when it's hot after a spirited drive and standing in traffic, looks rather frightening in the begining ;-).

If you have any questions, shoot away!

I'm getting the Winter tires tomorrow and I'll update then.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:04 PM
997TTMeteor
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTomGTA
I'm getting the Winter tires tomorrow and I'll update then.
Which winter tires & what sizes?
Old 11-29-2013, 12:24 PM
TomTomGTA
Intermediate

Tires in the front same size as Summer tires and in the back 295/30. Those are homologated on the official Papers (same size as winters for the Turbo S).
I've got Pirelli Sottozero III N0 homologated, I believe there a Michelin Alpin in that size too as well as some Continental (apparently they're crap).
Old 11-29-2013, 12:29 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

We want to see a gt3 doing some big snow drifts TomTom, and we hope you're the man who will bring those pics to us :-)

Quick Reply: First Real World Owners Feedback?