Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spec motors.. And above spec motors

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 12:53 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

From the "Dyno Days" Data runs by our local Porsche Club Regions on all models of Porsche Cars, I have noted that the power output of the GT3 Engines tested have been consistently closer to their rated HP and Torque than any other Porsche Model's Engines. That includes the earliest 996 GT3 models to the latest 997's. Assuming equal powertrain losses between 2 WD models, I can only conclude the GT3 Engines
are VERY conservatively rated.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:03 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Pete. You'd need to be friends with robot that makes the car today LOL! Probably in 10 years time you'd pay a hacker to make the robot add extra seam weld to your order on the line!!
Macca, I know you're making a joke (and a good one!) but just for the record while the work is more formatted, and many people are involved rather than one builder, there is still quite a bit of hand assembly on the engine production line. A jig rather than a person does simple work like screwing in oil pan or cylinder head bolts, but connecting rods, pistons, timing chains, intakes, etc. are fitted by hand. It takes 6 hours for one engine to be built.

Quick Reply: Spec motors.. And above spec motors