Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear seats in a GT3???

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 05:49 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoopumpers
You take the family in all 5 cars? I don't get it. Use the SUV for passengers. Drive the GT3 for you.
I know it seems strange but it's about usability. Dropping off and picking up kids on the way to work etc. otherwise I wouldn't use this car nearly as much and if that was the case I'd have an Fcar or a new cayman stripped out for the track. It's just what I need right now. Next car will be a twos eater track car.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:06 PM
lusoporsche
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless you're 127 years old, the GT3 is a very useable, I would even dare say comfortable, daily road car.

For people who have a small kids and would like to do longer journeys, i.e. enjoy the car wife included, it makes perfect sense. Regular 911s to me are just to remote and GT in ethos, the GT3 brings the feeling of a true sportscar even while cruising about. This is something I truly admire in the modern sportscar Porsche range. And of course, when you take the car out alone, on track, etc, you enjoy it in other ways.

If I want something which truly is hardcore I go for Caterhams, Ariel Atoms, Radicals... which no street Porsche can touch exhilaration wise.

I'll stop now, I'm just in a 2 +2 mood recently, which 911 purists will have a hard time questioning heritage wise :-)
Old 12-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoopumpers
You take the family in all 5 cars? I don't get it. Use the SUV for passengers. Drive the GT3 for you.
+1
Old 12-02-2013, 01:54 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastdoc
Do you know where in California I can find a shop that will retrofit the seats into the GT3?
Truthfully I don't know straight-off-hand.

Depends on where you are, Norther or Southern California. If in Southern California I say call up West Coast Customs; yes the same West Coast Customs from the TV Show. But you are going to want to look around so try out Yelp, find West Cost Customs on Yelp and see what other places are in the same Category and look at the reviews.

If you are up North call up Sharkwerks to see if they can give you direction because odds are they have dealt with this probably multiple times before. The two top guys from that shop are on this forum, Dan and Alex - Sharky and what-his-name...?
Old 12-03-2013, 09:13 AM
markelliot
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was referred by Bill Dougherty of Dougherty Automotive, West Chester, PA to contact Synergy Racing (at VIR). They pull the rear seats/belts out of Carrera S's in making them Koni Challenge Cars. I've already spoken to Kerrigan Smith, their race director and a 6speed member. He would be able to supply the parts for such a conversion.

Quick Reply: Rear seats in a GT3???