Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clubsport seats

Old 11-21-2013, 11:31 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clubsport seats

How much do y'all think they will cost, aftermarket from carnewal or from dealer?

Cause I'm not getting them in my build, but will order them once they free up for US consumption.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:18 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Might depend partly on whether they have some trick folding mechanism or are single piece. I'm gonna guess $8-9K but I'm probably low....
Old 11-22-2013, 07:44 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,719 Likes on 912 Posts

Sport Buckets currently offered in the ROW Clubsport option or true Clubsport seats (aka CGT seats)?
Old 11-22-2013, 08:52 AM
frayed
Race Car

Whatever bucket gets US certified for the RS
Old 11-22-2013, 12:17 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 718 Likes on 394 Posts

Based on the current generation of available seats, probably between $6k and $13k. Maybe a bit more with inflation added.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:29 PM
frayed
Race Car

I was thinking that perhaps I could sell them off for 1/2 the price at the end of my ownership term and reinstall the standard seats. Hoping they are under $10k, but maybe not.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:36 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

The whole Sport Bucket seat availability is driving me crazy. I have no need for the stamdard seats and to work on left foot braking I'll need harnesses. My order will lock in January, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Porsche can get the seats approved and make them available by more order date.

If they don't become available I'm considering pulling the Sport Buckets from my Cayman R and putting them in for track days. Over on 6speed at least one member has a set bolted into his 991 C2S, but apparently the wiring is not compatible and there is some question as to weather the passenger seat airbag weight sensor is compatible with the 991.

Ryan
Old 11-22-2013, 01:01 PM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by reidry
The whole Sport Bucket seat availability is driving me crazy. I have no need for the stamdard seats and to work on left foot braking I'll need harnesses. My order will lock in January, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Porsche can get the seats approved and make them available by more order date.

If they don't become available I'm considering pulling the Sport Buckets from my Cayman R and putting them in for track days. Over on 6speed at least one member has a set bolted into his 991 C2S, but apparently the wiring is not compatible and there is some question as to weather the passenger seat airbag weight sensor is compatible with the 991.

Ryan
Agreed.

There's a thread on the 991 forum about retrofitting the 997 buckets: wiring not compatible.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:44 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,719 Likes on 912 Posts

Safe to assume you're looking at minimum $10k shipped and mounted.

Suncoast's pricing for prior gen seats: http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...=2010GT3_seats
Old 11-22-2013, 06:56 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Is there any real reason to believe these are coming or are we just jerking each other off?

If there isn't a two piece split seat already available or designed, it wouldn't make sense that they are going to be imminently available. And the 918 one piece seats wouldn't be installed in a relatively tame street car like the gt3 which has a lot of room behind which would become completely inaccessible. These are two seater seats... Let's stop making stuff up ab them making sense in a gt3.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:26 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Safe to assume you're looking at minimum $10k shipped and mounted.

Suncoast's pricing for prior gen seats: http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...=2010GT3_seats
Yeah, and those Suncoast seats don't have alcantera inserts which will raise the price significantly if you want the seats to match the rest of the interior. I think your minimum $10K is probably accurate and maybe even low....
Old 11-22-2013, 07:46 PM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 105 Likes on 59 Posts

And the CGT seats were 17k. So if the RS shares the seats with 918, that is probably a better indication of price than the 10k GT2 seats.

Originally Posted by CAlexio
If there isn't a two piece split seat already available or designed, it wouldn't make sense that they are going to be imminently available. And the 918 one piece seats wouldn't be installed in a relatively tame street car like the gt3 which has a lot of room behind which would become completely inaccessible. These are two seater seats... Let's stop making stuff up ab them making sense in a gt3.
All the GT3s till now were available in Europe with non-folding seats. So I don't think the space in the back is going to prevent Porsche from offering 918 seats on GT3/RS. Price/exclusivity on the other hand might.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:32 PM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Rumor I heard today from a Porsche source is mid-late 2015. No clue what would take so long, but if true is pretty depressing.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:44 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Is there any real reason to believe these are coming or are we just jerking each other off?

Well, let's see... for the US 991 GT3:

1) PCNA has acknowledged that sport buckets will be a future option
2) AP has acknowledged that sport buckets will be a future option
3) Multiple sources from rennlist members have acknowledged that sport buckets will be a future option
4) Multiple dealers have acknowledged that sport buckets will be a future option

I think it's pretty clear we're not making stuff up here. Sport buckets ARE coming to the GT3 in the US. The writing is crystal clear on the wall if you look. It's just a matter of WHEN. What's not so clear is why it's so important to YOU that it DOESN'T....
Old 11-22-2013, 11:56 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sunnyr
And the CGT seats were 17k. So if the RS shares the seats with 918, that is probably a better indication of price than the 10k GT2 seats.

All the GT3s till now were available in Europe with non-folding seats. So I don't think the space in the back is going to prevent Porsche from offering 918 seats on GT3/RS. Price/exclusivity on the other hand might.

17K .... Wow!

At that price I'd just as soon buy a couple of Racetech or similar fixed back FIA approved seats with even better ergonomics and a halo for the track and swap the standard seats back in.

Ryan

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: clubsport seats