Sponsored by:

clubsport seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 05:48 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
What's not so clear is why it's so important to YOU that it DOESN'T....
ach!... You got me!
Old 11-23-2013, 12:43 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

I suspect most (like myself) want the sport seats for aesthetic reasons as opposed to functionality. I doubt performance times for the majority of us will be greatly enhance with the sport seats and they certainly are not as comfortable as the OEM seats.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:51 PM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by reidry

17K .... Wow!

At that price I'd just as soon buy a couple of Racetech or similar fixed back FIA approved seats with even better ergonomics and a halo for the track and swap the standard seats back in.

Ryan
I agree.
As much as I like the idea of them the Sport Buckets are a pain for a daily driver and not really adequate for serious track use, especially at the performance limits of this car. I think it's quite reasonable to bolt in a single or pair of really good race seats and harnesses for track events. The stock GT3 seat is plenty adequate for street driving and way easier to get in and out of.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:47 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

I think this information had also been posted elsewhere, but there is a 918-style bucket seat in the PET system under the 991 GT3.

There is no part number or price yet, but it's a preview of what's to come. My guess is that the seats will be $8k each.
Attached Images  
Old 11-25-2013, 04:26 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
I suspect most (like myself) want the sport seats for aesthetic reasons as opposed to functionality. I doubt performance times for the majority of us will be greatly enhance with the sport seats and they certainly are not as comfortable as the OEM seats.
Nope. I want them for the support for track days, but don't want the full on compromise of a full shell. They need to be usable on the street, yet offer enhanced stability for track use.

But then again, I have two country-club tracks w/i 30 minutes and COTA. So it's easy to get track time virtually at will.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:44 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
Nope. I want them for the support for track days, but don't want the full on compromise of a full shell. They need to be usable on the street, yet offer enhanced stability for track use. But then again, I have two country-club tracks w/i 30 minutes and COTA. So it's easy to get track time virtually at will.
What isn't clear is why YOURE hanging out in the poseur forum??? The rest of us just like the look of the race seats... Especially with deviating stitching. I'm having a black helmet made with red stitching painted on which makes it look like its a continuation of the seat... I can't turn my head to look into a corner or it will ruin the effect... But I Only plan to drive on the highway so I should be ok.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:50 AM
kencollinsjr
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CAlexio: hysterical...
Old 11-26-2013, 02:18 AM
Road Racin
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Anyone have a suggestion on the 4way vs 8way with mem? Not having sat in either I'm only guessing but did spec the upgrades... Pls advise. Thanks. (Of course assuming I'm not getting in seats that might cost 2x over the PCCBs.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:28 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Racin
Anyone have a suggestion on the 4way vs 8way with mem? Not having sat in either I'm only guessing but did spec the upgrades... Pls advise. Thanks. (Of course assuming I'm not getting in seats that might cost 2x over the PCCBs.
Since sport buckets weren't available I ordered the 18 way adaptive sport seats. It was a $2600 hedge against the sport buckets being outrageously expensive aftermarket, which is looking more and more like it might be the case. Anyway, I tried them out in a turbo and particularly liked the way they were adjustable for rake and thigh support. The adjustable bolsters are also a somewhat useful feature. In sum, I think they will be very nice seats for the street. An additional 30 lbs total over the standard seats and more expensive, but I'm glad I ordered them.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:37 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Uhhh.... I won't disagree that the buckets look nice, but I think most people that want the buckets actually want to use them at the track. It's pretty rare to get a seat from the factory that includes pass throughs for not only the shoulder straps, but also anti-sub straps. What other car manufacturers have a seat like this? Watching the 458 speciale vids, it looks like those cars are only 4 points.

Originally Posted by CAlexio
What isn't clear is why YOURE hanging out in the poseur forum??? The rest of us just like the look of the race seats... Especially with deviating stitching. I'm having a black helmet made with red stitching painted on which makes it look like its a continuation of the seat... I can't turn my head to look into a corner or it will ruin the effect... But I Only plan to drive on the highway so I should be ok.
LOL.

Quick Reply: clubsport seats