Sponsored by:

Updates on my build

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 06:16 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updates on my build

Just thought to share. I was originally slotted to Q1 production, but moved to a Q4 production slot. I don't have all the dates in front of me, but late December production to begin, hitting the Houston port 2/21.

Build order locked on Monday, but for some reason became unlocked today. Which was great b/c I added some options. Here's the gist of my build.

guards
all 0 cost options
PDLS
auto dim/rain sensor
lift
sound package plus

Bling:

full leather
key painted to match
red belts
light design

Really wanted a Euro Delivery, but not in February. Still on bucket list, so the next car will be targeted for euro delivery. No red stitching, thought I like the option, b/c I'm hoping for clubsport seats in the future, which I would expect to be available only in regular stitching.

Looking forward to hearing about all the earlier deliveries.

Last edited by frayed; 11-22-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:24 PM
mtuttle
Advanced

Thumbs up

Curious to see if it locks again tomorrow. Mine also locked much earlier than I was told. Do you think the dealers get any sort of notification when an order is about to lock? Congrats!
Old 11-21-2013, 07:02 PM
frayed
Race Car

mtuttle, nope. Not to my knowledge. The computer just 'locks' w/o warning. Glad I found a window to get my red key in. (silly option but I wanted it)
Old 11-21-2013, 07:21 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Nice build! Mine supposed locked yesterday and is currently scheduled for completion 12/20, hitting the Port of Houston 2/07, and getting to the North Houston dealer 2/14, although the dealer says the time from completion to dealer delivery for other 911's has been running more like 4 to 5 weeks than the 8 weeks showing on the Porsche order system.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:36 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 58 Posts

Hmnn, I was Q4 production was moved to Q1 production because of the delays. Last word about a week ago was a Jan 13 build completion. I need to follow up with my sales guy.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:04 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Well done, frayed!
Old 11-21-2013, 08:26 PM
new GT3
Advanced

Congratulations frayed, great news. Sounds like a beautiful car (now that you got that key), hope you get it even sooner.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:54 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi Frayed. Congrats.

I learned today that although my car has a VIN and its week 47 production (this week ending 24th Nov) it still says "delayed" next to the order line in the factory computer so at this stage the dealer is questioning exactly when it may be completed. This could be next week. A bit frustrating. My flights are booked Im there 5th Dec so I am hoping it will be ready by then or 10th at the latest. In the meantime I will visit museum again and also some sign seeing...

UK first delivery cars are awaiting for a ship to UK today.

Dubai received its first customer car last week flown directly form the factory for a rich Arab. Its white and he now has it. Nice!

Yesterday a German GT3 enthusiast took this picture at the Stuttgart factory holding station. He commented there were many GT3 and Turbo and that the GT3s were mostly white, red and black with only one yellow and one SB and a couple of Rhodium. It look slike they are awaiting processing for transportation or perhaps these are some of the early cars that need to go back for retrofitting improved "standard option".

Interestingly this german guy was at the dealership across the road (Zentrum) and met Hans Mezger who was getting into his personal DFI 997 (he is retired). He signed an autograph for the guy. Maybe he as a GT3 on order!
Attached Images   
Old 11-21-2013, 09:15 PM
frayed
Race Car

OMG. Mr. Mezger is driving that abomination of a motor? The horror.

j/k. Can't wait to hear more about your rig macca.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:17 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Frayed here is a little trick for you when you do you European pick up and touring in teh future. Order online to have delivered to your hotel the following 991 front luggage set form Roadsterbags. They are only cheap nylon suitcases but at $200 set of three for front of 991 trunk you can fly in with soft bags and transfer luggage to be more organised for you trip then leave them in the trunk empty when you ship the car back. Even if you leave them behind they are cheap to make travel better (my wife doesn't like travelling with soft bag so we will take hardshell trolley cases and leave these in hotel till our return).

http://www.roadster-concept.de/roads....html#_911_991
Attached Images   
Old 11-21-2013, 09:18 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Yes it is funny. I cannot understand German so well but I got the feeling from the conversation he was very interested in the new GT3! Go figure!
Old 11-21-2013, 10:07 PM
frayed
Race Car

Thanks for the update *and* the note on Mr. M. Good stuff!
Old 11-21-2013, 10:52 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by frayed
OMG. Mr. Mezger is driving that abomination of a motor? The horror.

j/k. Can't wait to hear more about your rig macca.
Yeah maybe Mr Mezger he getting old and no so sharp now and decide DCI engine ok and PDK-S too (maybe hes heard it will be the last "real" GT3?)....LOL! The father of the mezger engine takes delivery of new 991 GT3 on his own dime....Mmmm thats a thread headline I look forward to posting in the next few months....Im sure that will rip a few nighties around here....
Old 11-21-2013, 11:02 PM
frayed
Race Car

Nighties? Panties, yes.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:08 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,139 Likes on 560 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
Just thought to share. I was originally slotted to Q1 production, but moved to a Q4 production slot. I don't have all the dates in front of me, but late December production to begin, hitting the Houston port 2/21.

Build order locked on Monday, but for some reason became unlocked today. Which was great b/c I added some options. Here's the gist of my build.

guards
all 0 cost options
PDLS
auto dim/rain sensor
lift
sound package plus

Bling:

key painted to match
red belts
light design

Really wanted a Euro Delivery, but not in February. Still on bucket list, so the next car will be targeted for euro delivery. No red stitching, thought I like the option, b/c I'm hoping for clubsport seats in the future, which I would expect to be available only in regular stitching.

Looking forward to hearing about all the earlier deliveries.
Nice set up. Pretty much identical to mine, except I did get the red stitching & extended leather. Regret on not getting the painted key.

Quick Reply: Updates on my build