Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Updates on my build

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 12:13 AM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

max, would have the stitching cept for the prospect of buckets.

Painted key only 'cause the strippers love it.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:14 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

frayed, I thought you got the "full leather" interior. Did you just not list it above?
Old 11-22-2013, 02:05 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Frayed, did you forget the phone prep option 619? its also $0
Old 11-22-2013, 03:26 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
max, would have the stitching cept for the prospect of buckets. Painted key only 'cause the strippers love it.
Buckets on 997 had red stitching, why wouldn't the hypothetical upcoming ones on the 991 have them also?
Old 11-22-2013, 09:09 AM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by silverrules
Frayed, did you forget the phone prep option 619? its also $0
Yep. Got all $0 options including phone prep, except the smooth leather steering wheel. Forgot what phone prep does but I remember it was something functional?

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
frayed, I thought you got the "full leather" interior. Did you just not list it above?
Dangit. Just fixed it. Yeah, I got full leather, my next favorite option after my only must have: lift.

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Buckets on 997 had red stitching, why wouldn't the hypothetical upcoming ones on the 991 have them also?
That's a really good point. Didn't realize that the 997 buckets were red stitched. Were they all red stitched or could you get the option? Man, now I regret not getting stitching.

Last edited by frayed; 11-22-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:14 AM
Dan39
Racer

Dangit. Just fixed it. Yeah, I got full leather, my next favorite option after my only must have: lift.
Uhggg I didn't get the full leather and I'm anxious. My reasoning was that the Alcantara does not hold up to wear well - have you had experience with years-old alcantara? I saw a 997.1 3 with it and it looked, well, frayed. Perhaps you could share your experience.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:34 AM
new GT3
Advanced

Uhggg I didn't get the full leather and I'm anxious. My reasoning was that the Alcantara does not hold up to wear well - have you had experience with years-old alcantara? I saw a 997.1 3 with it and it looked, well, frayed. Perhaps you could share your experience.

Dan, you shouldn't worry as wether you get full leather or not the seating surfaces are Alcantara. As a matter of fact when you order full leather you get additional Alcantara on the door panels and lower dash.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:50 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 152 Posts

I ordered full leather and red stitching in mine. I don't get having the key painted.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:57 AM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Getting antsy. My build locked 10/05, not changes after that. He said it should come in Jan. -- Im too scared to call and find the exact date..or delays. When will it come??? I got tons of interior goodies and even went for the LED-PDL+, and clear rear lights. -- (so shoot me, it's my first P-car).. Wanted to make as lux as possible as it will be weekend and Friday night date care (hop fully.. but that could all chg once I hit the tack. I tracked my MC, 2 years later I race & stopped riding on the street 100%. LOL.. I'm freaking to see what this will look like . Saw a 991 turbo at local dealer.. Looked like a giant Lux car from the back.. Real nice inside too w/ carbon fiber.. Sales Rep turned on the PDL+ LED's and WOW.. the halo led in real life is the coolest light system I've ever seen. Makes others look like white christmas tree lights..

Last edited by LateBrake911; 12-20-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:00 AM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by carcommander
I ordered full leather and red stitching in mine. I don't get having the key painted.
Just a silly bauble. It will stand out in my key rack at home as king ****.

Originally Posted by new GT3

Dan, you shouldn't worry as wether you get full leather or not the seating surfaces are Alcantara. As a matter of fact when you order full leather you get additional Alcantara on the door panels and lower dash.
Exactly.

From what I've read, the heaviest wear point is the alcantara wheel. It does wear, get matted down and eventually 'shiny' but I decided against the leather wheel b/c I thought alcantara wheel was part of the GT3 experience. If it bugs me I'll replace the wheel after two years of wear.

But if you are really concerned, the no cost leather wheel is a great option IMO. I almost went with that.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:04 AM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by gskudlarick
and clear rear lights. -- (so shoot me, it's my first P-car)
No worries. We're not here to judge you.

Originally Posted by gskudlarick
Sales Rep turned on the PDL+ LED's and WOW.. the halo led in real life is the coolest light system I've ever seen. Makes others look like white christmas tree lights..
Can you tell me more? I've not seen these in real life. Pictures left me a bit blah, what's the point. Can you explain how it differed from the standard lights, which in my experience are fantastic?
Old 11-22-2013, 11:04 AM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

I forgot to order the key color of car.. I hope I can order from Dealer after fact.. I just saw the p-key.. It's a miniature Car shape.. LOL. Awesome..
Old 11-22-2013, 11:18 AM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

No worries. We're not here to judge you. THX!

Can you tell me more? I've not seen these in real life. Pictures left me a bit blah, what's the point. Can you explain how it differed from the standard lights, which in my experience are fantastic?
I added a link as I'm out of upload space.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xv9yozosmy5qn72/WM5MLaCd17

I've never seen, or noticed the regular lights, but the thing I thought was neat was the day time running lights.

Anyhow.. In the first pic. You see the outer circumference of the light illuminated. (which I'm calling the halo) -- and then 4 lights in the corners. In real life it looks like a continuous ring. (like a white light saber--) I've never seen a photo able to reproduce the life effect, even on the P site)...If you see a dealer with a Turbo & these options have him turn then on..

The normal PDL+ Night lights I guess you call them.. looked std. except he said since they are LED they don't head.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:28 AM
frayed
Race Car

Those are cool. Yeah, I guess what photos don't show well is the continuous ring. I get a better idea now.

That car looks completely badass in black. That's a sex machine right there.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:39 AM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

That car looks completely badass in black. That's a sex machine right there.[/QUOTE]

I Agree.. Even badder from the rear -- I added a rear shot. (had to scratch out the plate # from the photo, --- guy picking up this weekend and they got it all prepped).

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xv9yozosmy5qn72/WM5MLaCd17

Quick Reply: Updates on my build