Sponsored by:

2015 Nissan GT-R Nurburgring in 7:08?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 12:10 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
Actually, I can be as hyperbolic as I want. It makes me feel better and it's an opinion. And this is indeed the internet and not a courtroom.
No need to get defensive. You get to be hyperbolic, I get to comment on it, and we all feel better.....
Old 11-21-2013, 01:14 AM
A432
Rennlist Member

Received 349 Likes on 204 Posts

Old 11-21-2013, 01:54 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If I flap my arms really fast, can I fly.... No I need a Jet......EOT
Old 11-21-2013, 02:31 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
Remind me again why you are here since you dislike the new car so much?

We can argue bull**** analogies all day long but contribute nothing to these threads.

We've already done this.
I'm not reminding you of anything, I've said it several times. And it has nothing to do with disliking the car.

Stop making it personal and stick with the topic champ.

Old 11-21-2013, 06:31 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Geez man, these time zone differences are killing me, I turn my back and a big fight erupts and I wasn't even there to swing a punch!

Not sure you guys are getting the chatter but there is "silent talk" from PAG sources that there will be only one generation of the 991 GT3/RS. RS will be very limited numbers and internally PAG are expecting the car to be a sell out before its launched. GT3 moniker and formula may be entirely replaced by 2018 (suspicion 960 is the platform). Next "GT3" will have for sure electric hybrid component (aka 918 style). Prices will rise.

Now back to the fight. Who's winning the PDK haters or the guys open minded enough to have ordered one? I thought this was a thread about the ultimate robot car (GTR)?
Old 11-21-2013, 08:20 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
I thought this was a thread about the ultimate robot car (GTR)?
No,this thread is about the car none of us care for,but a car Porsche is been trying to beat for years,slowly straying away from the driver's car they've started with... The fact that your sources are telling you this might be the last GT3 and that it will be replaced by another platform,only enhances that feeling.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:30 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Wait....

@Macca -- only one run of the 991 GT3/RS?!
Old 11-21-2013, 01:22 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Geez man, these time zone differences are killing me, I turn my back and a big fight erupts and I wasn't even there to swing a punch!

Not sure you guys are getting the chatter but there is "silent talk" from PAG sources that there will be only one generation of the 991 GT3/RS. RS will be very limited numbers and internally PAG are expecting the car to be a sell out before its launched. GT3 moniker and formula may be entirely replaced by 2018 (suspicion 960 is the platform). Next "GT3" will have for sure electric hybrid component (aka 918 style). Prices will rise.

Now back to the fight. Who's winning the PDK haters or the guys open minded enough to have ordered one? I thought this was a thread about the ultimate robot car (GTR)?
Gonna have to stay up late, mate, to help mediate! This "fight" is long past it's sell-by date......

Your inside rumor about the single 2014-15 model run (no 991.2 GT3) and it's sold out status reinforces my belief. When I asked my dealer if I could put down a deposit back in March of 2012, they thought it was to early, but I insisted. I told my sales advisor that I knew demand for this car would be high, and that it was likely to be the last generation of truly high performance, NA, non-hybrid motors we would see.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:03 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 879 Likes on 364 Posts

The 2014 GTR is a great car...its very different than a 911 but its still great bang for the buck. My 1st set of tires lasted 7500 miles with no track days.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:38 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by neanicu
No,this thread is about the car none of us care for,but a car Porsche is been trying to beat for years,slowly straying away from the driver's car they've started with... The fact that your sources are telling you this might be the last GT3 and that it will be replaced by another platform,only enhances that feeling.
Im not disagreeing with you here (finally!).
Old 11-21-2013, 04:46 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Gonna have to stay up late, mate, to help mediate! This "fight" is long past it's sell-by date......

Your inside rumor about the single 2014-15 model run (no 991.2 GT3) and it's sold out status reinforces my belief. When I asked my dealer if I could put down a deposit back in March of 2012, they thought it was to early, but I insisted. I told my sales advisor that I knew demand for this car would be high, and that it was likely to be the last generation of truly high performance, NA, non-hybrid motors we would see.
Mike. I remember you saying you thought this might be one of the last non hybrid GT3s at the beginning of the year. I think I agreed but I didnt think we wouldn't be getting a Gen 2 car. However the news I heard on this subject came from the factory (APs team) but that does not mean to say it will definitely happen. I was quite shocked when I first heard around 4 months ago and heard again via a third party just recently who had an update so I do believe there could be some truth here somewhere. Originally AP said 4000 units of GT3 (we assume that he includes RS variant). I think we may see that and a bit more but ultimately there may not be a replacement. Its looking quite possible. I believe its based on a much bigger decision than simply APs team as it is driven around a new platform change the factory are considering for racing. The 911 is at the end of its competitive life and VW now own Porsche so are less emotionally enthused with teh platform, they just want a ROI on their Motorsports dollar and they want to win which they can do more reliably and at lower cost with a different platform. Enter 960 I suspect and APs team will no doubt be given the task of giving this car a road presence based on the race car version at some stage in the future - in the mean time its all hands on deck...

PS. I also heard the rumour confirmed that RS will have no RWS. If this is true I simply cannot understand why you would remove an unobtrusive price of tech which every motor tester (except AS in Germany who may have has a faulty unit) have spoken so highly of.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:03 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

PS. I also heard the rumour confirmed that RS will have no RWS. If this is true I simply cannot understand why you would remove an unobtrusive price of tech which every motor tester (except AS in Germany who may have has a faulty unit) have spoken so highly of.
Because AP's been reading this board too much...
The real " bomb " would be Manual option.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:38 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,720 Likes on 2,691 Posts

The RS is going to have wider track and wider rear wheels. It is also going to have aero downforce and, presumably, the abilility to use real slick racing tires (regular GT3 cannot, according to Porsche).

I think these factors make for an enormous amount of force on the rear control arms that contain the RWS. That electric motor (that turns the threaded rod to lengthen or shorten the control arm) may not be able to overcome these huge forces to the degree required by the instanenous steering movements encountered.

Just a guess...
Old 11-21-2013, 07:34 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Over at the 997 GT3RS DE section of this forum, most seem to be regressing into 20+ year old cars.
More fun than a 997RS they say, more involving.
Maybe we all just ran out of money...

No one ever really mentions the new GT3 as even an option.

Yet.
We shall see.

I ordered GTR, before it arrived I bought a GT3. GTR arrived, drove it a week and ebayed it.
No fun to be had, in an '08 anyway. Now we are looking at 100+K? makes the GT3 look like a bargain to me in the current new car market place.

But hold on to the 993 Macca...
Old 11-22-2013, 12:48 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 939 Likes on 544 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Over at the 997 GT3RS DE section of this forum, most seem to be regressing into 20+ year old cars.
More fun than a 997RS they say, more involving.
Maybe we all just ran out of money...

No one ever really mentions the new GT3 as even an option.

Yet.
We shall see.

I ordered GTR, before it arrived I bought a GT3. GTR arrived, drove it a week and ebayed it.
No fun to be had, in an '08 anyway. Now we are looking at 100+K? makes the GT3 look like a bargain to me in the current new car market place.

But hold on to the 993 Macca...
I'll try the 991RS but keep my eye for a nice 964.

Quick Reply: 2015 Nissan GT-R Nurburgring in 7:08?