Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

resale color

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 07:54 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Am I the only one surprised to see that Jerry didn't get the Sport Chrono option?
Old 11-19-2013, 03:55 PM
A432
Rennlist Member

Received 349 Likes on 204 Posts

Think I see a sport button in the pic so he may have ordered it without the package (wart)
and then added it at the dealer later like many did to lose the timer.
Imho for a car not going to the track, it's not a big deal on a 6sp. anyway.

Regarding the color thing, it's hard to go wrong on resale on a GT3 with white or silver, (as long as you like the color too)
black and red are good also but the cleaning/ticket thing usually comes up in convos. making white/silver the resale choice imho.

Last edited by A432; 11-19-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:04 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by A432
Regarding the color thing, it's hard to go wrong on resale on a GT3 with white or silver, (as long as you like the color too)
black and red are good also but the cleaning/ticket thing usually comes up in convos. making white/silver the resale choice imho.
Before I decided to go red, I googled the red/ticket thing. What I found from several sources was that red cars getting more tickets is basically an urban legend that isn't supported by statistical evidence. Of course, as far as resale is concerned, if people believe that it's true it could have an effect.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:07 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ticket thing. I think that's code for "I really like red and would get it but I don't think I can pull it off."
Old 11-19-2013, 05:13 PM
A432
Rennlist Member

Received 349 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Before I decided to go red, I googled the red/ticket thing. What I found from several sources was that red cars getting more tickets is basically an urban legend that isn't supported by statistical evidence. Of course, as far as resale is concerned, if people believe that it's true it could have an effect.
Yup, not claiming tickets increase but that it's a perceived assumption in the market.

Originally Posted by frayed
The ticket thing. I think that's code for "I really like red and would get it but I don't think I can pull it off."
Or they just really don't like red and it's not about ego at all, bottom line, they chose not to buy it.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:44 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got about 10 tickets with my guards red 991 c2s in a period of just 14 months. It had nothing to do with color as they were all snaps by speed cameras that don't discriminate.

So far two tickets on my red 458 in 3 months, again non-discriminatory cameras.

I am not proud of above in any way. Just a shame to pay $200 a pop. I would much rather spend that on booze or women. But it is just so easy to get carried away with these cars.

Going speed limit with these cars is just plain torture.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:46 PM
frayed
Race Car

aamersa, here's what you need. http://www.nophoto.com/

Not affiliated but maybe it'll help you out?
Old 11-19-2013, 06:14 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not affiliated but maybe it'll help you out?
No kidding. I absolutely need something like this. In my jurisdiction both front and back plates are required just so they can snap the hell out of you and issue tickets. I was wondering if some thing like this exists. I will look in to it. Thanks.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:56 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by aamersa
I got about 10 tickets with my guards red 991 c2s in a period of just 14 months. It had nothing to do with color as they were all snaps by speed cameras that don't discriminate.

So far two tickets on my red 458 in 3 months, again non-discriminatory cameras.

I am not proud of above in any way. Just a shame to pay $200 a pop. I would much rather spend that on booze or women. But it is just so easy to get carried away with these cars.

Going speed limit with these cars is just plain torture.
Curious how is it they allow you to keep your driver license? In the US with that many tickets you would not be able to keep your license.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:04 PM
frayed
Race Car

Nick it varies by state obviously, but I thought camera tickets resulted in fines but not points on your license. Could be wrong.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:09 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

Nick it varies by state obviously, but I thought camera tickets resulted in fines but not points on your license. Could be wrong.
Interesting! I was not aware that may be the case. Clearly a revenue generating operation.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:36 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

10 tickets in 14 months. wow.

Does anyone have one of these traffic camera flash detector units? Does it really work?

Last edited by Mike in CA; 11-19-2013 at 10:41 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:02 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Yellow would be amazing, with black headlights and black wheels. But how can you do that without pccb?? I almost wish the default caliper color were silver or black... ****... Maybe I'll just do that.. Yellow car with black headlights and black wheels and ill paint the calipers black.

But then rear taillights would hVe to be clear.. Red on yellow is just hideous IMO.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:33 AM
jon@nolimits
Former Vendor

Does anyone have one of these traffic camera flash detector units? Does it really work?
Hi guys,

I don't want to hijack this thread so I won't post much in this thread, but we are a new sponsor here and apparently you guys beat me to the punch! We should have an intro thread up in the vendor section shortly, but feel free to email me at jon@nolimitsenterprises.com with any questions about the noPhoto.

P.S. I would avoid the original noPhoto due to limited clearance in the license plate areas on some Porsche models. The updated pre-order units should work on the vast majority of Porsche's due to reduced height, but they won't ship until the first week of Dec. If you have a specific question about clearances, email me and I can help you with that.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:55 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The Amaranth Red metallic looks nice and deep. Those who ordered guards red, did you consider the Amaranth Red metallic? Anyone has pictures or seen this color in person?

I am getting to like this color but have not seen it in person. I wonder

Quick Reply: resale color