Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What seats?

Old 10-20-2013, 03:39 PM
Road Racin
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default What seats?

Are you guys ordering with the upgrade 18way or leaving the 4 way. My dealer said the upgrades have better bolsters but... I'm sure their way heavier and if it's not a bucket, am I better getting the cheaper seat and replacing em with a Sparco/Reccaro down the road?

Thanks
Old 10-20-2013, 04:15 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

I decided to go with the 18 way, not just because of the adjustable side bolsters, but because they're adjustable for rake and the seat cushion extends for more thigh support which is important for someone with long legs like me. Even if I miss having buckets and buy them after the fact, I'll still have the 18 ways to put back in the car off season or for resale. It's a $2600 gamble; not a deal breaker in any event. BTW, the added weight isn't huge; 31 LBS total for both seats (97 for 2-4ways, 128 for 2-18ways). PCCB's will more than make up the diff....
Old 10-20-2013, 04:44 PM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm going 4 way no heat and planning to rip them out when buckets are available - or go aftermarket as you suggest. I love the previous gen GT2 sport buckets. Drives me crazy to hear all the Brits skipping the buckets and club sport options, when we don't have the choice here.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:13 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,184 Likes on 629 Posts

Thanks mike,

I was wondering about the added weight of the 18 weight seats. Its really not that much more compared to the 4ways seats. I plan to use my GT3 as a DD, and my back definitely appreciates the adjustability of the 18 ways seats. Going with heated seat as well. Gets cold for 3 months a year where I leave and heated seats are great on cold winter mornings. Both options will be appreciated when you go to sell the car in the US.

Does anybody know the weight of the Porsche sports bucket seats that are sold everywhere but the US?
Old 10-20-2013, 06:09 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
Thanks mike,

I was wondering about the added weight of the 18 weight seats. Its really not that much more compared to the 4ways seats. I plan to use my GT3 as a DD, and my back definitely appreciates the adjustability of the 18 ways seats. Going with heated seat as well. Gets cold for 3 months a year where I leave and heated seats are great on cold winter mornings. Both options will be appreciated when you go to sell the car in the US.

Does anybody know the weight of the Porsche sports bucket seats that are sold everywhere but the US?
You're welcome, Drifting. The "old" sport buckets with airbags are 78 LBS for the pair. Nobody knows yet what the new sport buckets for the GT3 will weigh, but I'd guess they will be in the same ballpark.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What seats?