Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The GT3 wins CAR Magazine's "Best of 2013" Group Test

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 12:08 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 62 Posts

Can anyone post a link to the CAR article?
Old 09-30-2013, 12:49 PM
markow
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan39
What? The MSRP of the GT3 is $130k and the MSRP of the 458 and Spyder are $234k and $257k, respectively. Nobody cares about your trade in, we're talking about the comparison that is relevant to motoring magazines.

Now, you are entitled to your opinion (although the bias of course is to believe that people buy Ferraris to drive slowly along the boulevard in a misguided attempt to look cool, because that's where most of them are spotted while GT3s are most frequently seen at the track).

The point, though, is that the consensus coming out of comparos is going to be that the GT3 is better. That's because (1) it's as fast or faster, while providing a great sensory experience and (2) it's almost half the price.
apparently you don't (need to) know about car prices in austria. and i care about my trade in, it just went into the overall calculation. easy to understand no?
you certainly have an interesting conception of ferrari and porsche drivers, maybe a bit one-dimensional. also you might want to take into account that sensory experiences are subjective.
stay cool man.
peter
Old 09-30-2013, 05:23 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Peter. Is your F458 LHD?

Regards the park sensors, the cobra system I posted on another thread is identical in asthetic to the units used in teh 991S. Infact I believe Cobra supply the german car industry so they may infact be the identical kit. It is what the Porsche factory dealer in NZ fits if you want a retrofit solution and no in the UK and NZ/Aus and most parts of the world it does not invalidate the warranty. It works on its own circuit, simply makes beep inside the car changing in intensity and speed as you get closer to an object.

Parking sensors are nice to have but as someone who has only owned 993, 993RS, GT3 etc without sensors I have never had the benefit of them and quite honestly have never really had an issue with parking on the city I live, although I confess I would have less grey hair if parking sensors were fitted.

As for DD of F458 v a GT3 I guess we will not know until some of the guys on here that already own 458 take delivery of their new GT3/RS over the coming 12 months and can give us some insight. Personally I suspect they are both pretty compromised DD cars but both can pull off DD duties for a dedicated car guy...
Old 10-01-2013, 03:04 AM
markow
Racer

Originally Posted by Macca
Peter. Is your F458 LHD?

Regards the park sensors, the cobra system I posted on another thread is identical in asthetic to the units used in teh 991S. Infact I believe Cobra supply the german car industry so they may infact be the identical kit. It is what the Porsche factory dealer in NZ fits if you want a retrofit solution and no in the UK and NZ/Aus and most parts of the world it does not invalidate the warranty. It works on its own circuit, simply makes beep inside the car changing in intensity and speed as you get closer to an object.

Parking sensors are nice to have but as someone who has only owned 993, 993RS, GT3 etc without sensors I have never had the benefit of them and quite honestly have never really had an issue with parking on the city I live, although I confess I would have less grey hair if parking sensors were fitted.

As for DD of F458 v a GT3 I guess we will not know until some of the guys on here that already own 458 take delivery of their new GT3/RS over the coming 12 months and can give us some insight. Personally I suspect they are both pretty compromised DD cars but both can pull off DD duties for a dedicated car guy...
macca,
yes my 458 is LHD.
honestly, the DD abilities of the 458 are grossly underestimated. maybe the same will be true of the GT3/RS? there is hope..
peter
Old 10-01-2013, 03:07 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Pete. You live in the UK right? How practical do you find a LHD car in a RHD country? I have driven plenty of RHD car in LHD country and found from a DD perspective somewhat compromised...
Old 10-01-2013, 03:17 AM
markow
Racer

Originally Posted by Macca
Pete. You live in the UK right? How practical do you find a LHD car in a RHD country? I have driven plenty of RHD car in LHD country and found from a DD perspective somewhat compromised...
hi macca,
i have left the UK at the end of 2011, might get back in a year or two. however i had a LHD in the UK for a year and a RHD in austria for a few months. after all i feel better in a LHD car in RHD country than the other way around simply since i grew up with LDH. but both are compromised, particularly when entering roundabouts.
p
Old 10-01-2013, 03:37 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Pete. Makes sense...

Quick Reply: The GT3 wins CAR Magazine's "Best of 2013" Group Test