RobSpyder
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jesus, that's hard to watch
Old 09-22-2013, 11:11 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, hard hit and with a co-driver / passenger!

Not sure what was going on there, if you watch the attitude of the car it is accelerating until very late then the driver jumps hard on the brakes and wham!

Have to wonder if the driver should have been driving that hard ... co-driver could have messed up the pace notes.

Ryan
Old 09-22-2013, 11:27 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RobSpyder
Jesus, that's hard to watch
+1
Old 09-23-2013, 01:58 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 597 Posts

Unsecured wall with a body of water is bad enough, hit to the tub when the car meets the second piece of wall (still standing straight up) was car-killing, and probably didn't feel real good, either. Wow. Nasty stuff. Glad to hear they were ok.

pete
Old 09-23-2013, 10:39 AM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 136 Posts

glad they are ok
Old 09-23-2013, 11:32 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Brain fade?
Looks weird from that angle.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:24 PM
brake dust
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Thank goodness their both OK. Looks like they lost track of their track notes
Old 09-23-2013, 09:06 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

why the driver grabbed another gear and stepped on the gas is beyond me.
It is apparent he never considered the upcoming turn as he never even set up for it.

It was as if he was thinking the street kept going straight..... either his eyes played tricks on him and never followed his navigator's instructions OR his navigator's instructions were off by a few instructions which is not uncommon in rapid action community stages.
Still, in fast paced tight quartered areas on flat level land a driver on stage tends to drive what he can see with the navigator's instructions being a secondary assurance.

Come to think of it, id say the driver assumed the baracades follwed the curb of the road (which they might not but could easily appear so in the distance from what i can see) the road also switches back in the other direction to the parking lot. Not sure what was part of the stage and perhaps wither was the driver...
Perhaps He assumed the turn was going to follow the baracades as a long sweeping right but then saw the switchback to the parking lot. The navigator should have picked up on this but alas id say he was lost in his notes with instructions comming that fast in that area.

A full flip onto the roof and in water was surely a sight! Good thing for the water says I .....

Last edited by tcsracing1; 09-25-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:14 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like he was on LSD, and I'm not talking Limited Slip Diff!
Old 09-24-2013, 03:22 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
Come to think of it, id say the driver assumed the baracades follwed the curb of the road (which they dont but could easily appear so in the distance from what i can see) when in fact the road switches back in the other direction thus not allowing enough time to slow down for a direction change. Id say at full lock up he noticed the error but it was too late.
He assumed the turn was going to follow the baracades as a long sweeping right. The navigator should have picked up on this but alas id say he was lost in his notes with instructions comming that fast in that area.

A full flip onto the roof and in water was surely a sight! Good thing for the water says I .....
i think this.
Old 09-26-2013, 03:26 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
why the driver grabbed another gear and stepped on the gas is beyond me.
It is apparent he never considered the upcoming turn as he never even set up for it.

It was as if he was thinking the street kept going straight..... either his eyes played tricks on him and never followed his navigator's instructions OR his navigator's instructions were off by a few instructions which is not uncommon in rapid action community stages.
Still, in fast paced tight quartered areas on flat level land a driver on stage tends to drive what he can see with the navigator's instructions being a secondary assurance.

Come to think of it, id say the driver assumed the baracades follwed the curb of the road (which they might not but could easily appear so in the distance from what i can see) the road also switches back in the other direction to the parking lot. Not sure what was part of the stage and perhaps wither was the driver...
Perhaps He assumed the turn was going to follow the baracades as a long sweeping right but then saw the switchback to the parking lot. The navigator should have picked up on this but alas id say he was lost in his notes with instructions comming that fast in that area.

The barricades appear to be separate either side of the post. Criminal. And if it's a rally, surely they had some pace notes? The guy locks up very early and doesn't seem to release and reapply even once.
Had the K-rail been correctly secured, hell, was it even concrete or was it empty plastic barriers? The way it moved and snapped off that front wheel like a toy, I think it had to be solid concrete, but it should have been tied end to end and anchored or faced with impact absorbers. Then this would have been an unremarkable event.

Quick Reply: O.T. but wow