Sponsored by:

GT3 Allocation and RS Pricing Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 09:34 AM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default GT3 Allocation and RS Pricing Question

I decided that I wanted to get the new GT3...but I am seriously late to the party. (like a year late) I can get a #4 slot and I don't care if I have to wait 2 years. Is #4 a pipe dream...meaning that no dealer will get that many cars over 2 years?

Also, any ideas on the new RS pricing? I am reading $200k. Seems high to me. You guess?

Thanks
Old 09-08-2013, 10:01 AM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 257 Posts

As I understand it, depends somewhat on the dealer. The more volume the dealer does, the more GT3 allocations. I made a deposit on one in March after the official release of the specs. At that time was told I was "#4". No idea if that's true. After others posted info about their allocations I bugged my sales guy. I still don't have anything firm, but have been assured orally and by email that I will get a car in 2014. I'm not in a big hurry since I want bucket seats and figure better chance to spec those later. Don't know if that helps but that's my experience so far.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

I think $200k is too high. $160-170k is probably more realistic.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:58 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by texasviany
I decided that I wanted to get the new GT3...but I am seriously late to the party. (like a year late) I can get a #4 slot and I don't care if I have to wait 2 years. Is #4 a pipe dream...meaning that no dealer will get that many cars over 2 years?

Also, any ideas on the new RS pricing? I am reading $200k. Seems high to me. You guess?

Thanks
Is this at Beasley Porsche in Austin? How many allocations did they tell you are confirmed?
Old 09-08-2013, 12:06 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 136 Posts

there's a chance that others will cancel, and your spot gets bumped up
Old 09-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,782 Likes on 2,190 Posts

My dealer is mid-sized, I have a #3 spot, and the dealer guesses that I might get the car in spring '14, but it's only a guess. I'm not in a big hurry because I'm still not sure about PDK, track seats are a must for me, I want to drive the new Vette first, interested to see how the new M3/4 turns out, keeping an eye for a used 997 GT3 at a good price, and also wondering if a more powerful Cayman is also really in the works.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:42 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 709 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
My dealer is mid-sized, I have a #3 spot, and the dealer guesses that I might get the car in spring '14, but it's only a guess. I'm not in a big hurry because I'm still not sure about PDK, track seats are a must for me, I want to drive the new Vette first, interested to see how the new M3/4 turns out, keeping an eye for a used 997 GT3 at a good price, and also wondering if a more powerful Cayman is also really in the works.
Decisions, decisions.

Peter
Old 09-08-2013, 01:48 PM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manifold
You are right on!! I was thinking the same thing.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:51 PM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
Is this at Beasley Porsche in Austin? How many allocations did they tell you are confirmed?
I would drive an electric car before I bought anything from them. Service great. Sales: complete scumbags. They took away my RS allocation as soon as they saw that I optioned it minimally. This was AFTER they said "go ahead...sell your GT3 now." They in turn optioned it up on spec to almost $200k. Thank God another forum member gave me their allocation.

I have never been so mad in my life. I set a goal to refer $1M in business away from them. So far I am at $450k....helping people living in Austin to buy from other dealerships. (Panamera Turbo S loaded, Cayenne, 911S and Boxster loaded). It’s a hobby for me

Last edited by texasviany; 09-08-2013 at 01:58 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Dude-
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like your style. shoot for $2M.

Last edited by Dude-; 09-08-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:19 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by texasviany
I would drive an electric car before I bought anything from them. Service great. Sales: complete scumbags. They took away my RS allocation as soon as they saw that I optioned it minimally. This was AFTER they said "go ahead...sell your GT3 now." They in turn optioned it up on spec to almost $200k. Thank God another forum member gave me their allocation.

I have never been so mad in my life. I set a goal to refer $1M in business away from them. So far I am at $450k....helping people living in Austin to buy from other dealerships. (Panamera Turbo S loaded, Cayenne, 911S and Boxster loaded). It’s a hobby for me
Hey, I am sorry to hear that and I would be livid as well. I am actually buying my GT3 from a Chicago dealer after Beasley failed to get enough allocation. I still have a #5 spot there, but I have heard nothing in 2 1/2 months. For what it is worth, I heard they are in the process of being sold. I am surprised frankly that given the population here, that they don't manage to sell more cars than my old dealer in Jacksonville, FL.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:04 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 939 Likes on 544 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
Hey, I am sorry to hear that and I would be livid as well. I am actually buying my GT3 from a Chicago dealer after Beasley failed to get enough allocation. I still have a #5 spot there, but I have heard nothing in 2 1/2 months. For what it is worth, I heard they are in the process of being sold. I am surprised frankly that given the population here, that they don't manage to sell more cars than my old dealer in Jacksonville, FL.
Their service department has far exceed my expectations being a new porsche owner, compared to BMW - FAR, FAR exceed.....

Never delt with their sales department, but have had to hook up several friends with another dealerships because they were unhappy with the experience.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:00 PM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

I love their service department!

I talked to the 4 dealerships that I know and they all have 5-6 orders in for GT3s. I have never seen this with Porsche before.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:07 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
Their service department has far exceed my expectations being a new porsche owner, compared to BMW - FAR, FAR exceed.....

Never delt with their sales department, but have had to hook up several friends with another dealerships because they were unhappy with the experience.
Who do you recommend in the service dept?
Old 09-08-2013, 05:19 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 939 Likes on 544 Posts

It's pretty small...there are like two people (Tim & Webster), and then the shop foreman.

The foreman (John I think, not sure, he may be the manager) has been the man deserving of the finest scotch.

Quick Reply: GT3 Allocation and RS Pricing Question