Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another new Vid - Feast for the Senses

Old 08-27-2013, 06:42 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

''EMOTIONAL EXPERIENCE''

he said it 3 times in 3 minutes.
video is trying to justify their decision to go with the auto, as the right one.
this debate will never end, eh????
Old 08-27-2013, 09:37 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,722 Likes on 913 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
Nope, because it's the same as debating blonds vs brunettes (fill in the blank). It's always going to be a matter of personal preference. This was Porsche's only real mistake with this car and AP knows it.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:52 AM
Arth
Racer

Originally Posted by Nizer

Nope, because it's the same as debating blonds vs brunettes (fill in the blank). It's always going to be a matter of personal preference. This was Porsche's only real mistake with this car and AP knows it.
That's the way you feel and is your personal opinion. Others feel it was the right decision by AP and his team. Besides don't you think if he knows he made a mistake then the RS would be coming with a manual. I think he's convinced he made the right decision. Again, IMO

It will never end
Old 08-27-2013, 09:56 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by aussie jimmy
''EMOTIONAL EXPERIENCE''

he said it 3 times in 3 minutes.
video is trying to justify their decision to go with the auto, as the right one.
+1

It wasn't about the speed he says, it was about the emotion he says, its a car for enthusiasts he says and yet their actions have contradicted all three comments... Jimmy, you're on the money... excuses to justify alienating a core enthusiast following and before another slanging match starts, yes a pdk was very welcomed as one of two options for this car!
Old 08-27-2013, 10:06 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Arth
Besides don't you think if he knows he made a mistake then the RS would be coming with a manual. I think he's convinced he made the right decision. Again, IMO

It will never end
Sure, that thinking makes perfect sense... Spend millions making the RS lighter and faster and throw in a manual to just match times set in a gt3 that costs a customer 20% less... They've backed themselves into a corner and will now cut off their noses to spite their faces if in fact they feel they underestimated public response...

obviously the tough shut up and drive approach hasn't won them universal support with reviewers so they are now trying the empathetic, soft approach to justify their choice...
Old 08-27-2013, 10:12 AM
Arth
Racer

Originally Posted by 911rox

Sure, that thinking makes perfect sense... Spend millions making the RS lighter and faster and through in a manual to just match times set in a gt3 that costs a customer 20% less... They've backed themselves into a corner and will now cut off their noses to spite their faces if in fact they feel they underestimated public response...

obviously the tough shut up and drive approach hasn't won them universal support with reviewers so they are now trying the empathetic, soft approach to justify their choice...
I should have added " manual as an option".

What I meant was I believe if they truly felt that they made a mistake then they would have put a manual there as an option along side the PDKS for the RS.

Never know, it might still happen
Old 08-27-2013, 10:49 AM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 136 Posts

It's just so hard, if not impossible to get excited for an automatic.

Letting the car do all the work for you - is faster sure.....exciting and emotional?? feast for the senses??? no chance
Old 08-27-2013, 11:26 AM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

here is an older video, not a gt3, but the same argument nevertheless.
can't wait for jason plato's comments when he get's to drive the 991...

Old 08-27-2013, 11:36 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

I've given up shouting for a Manual. I've shifted my attention elsewhere and possibly different brands(Lotus for ex).
I think it's time to let these guys enjoy their new GT3s,just my opinion of course. This place will get boring fast without the debate,but it's the right thing to do.
I'll always try to keep one of the older Porsches in the family,at least until the Kool-Aid supply runs out...

In the meantime I leave you with this guy... I have no idea who he is but sounds pretty pissed with his thick accent!

Old 08-27-2013, 11:36 AM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I have a manual Cayman S and have taken it to the track. If there was an option for the GT3 I would still have opted for the paddles. I drove a Ferrari F430 full race car on the track and I'm sold on the enjoyment of driving with the paddles. I was able to focus much better on my breaking and the track. The orders of the new 911's is significantly greater with the dual clutch set up over the manual.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:24 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 62 Posts

If a mistake is made with a new model it will be reflected in sales. Try buying a 991GT3 today.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:30 PM
frayed
Race Car

It's comical that some profess to be able to read Andreas' mind.

Who cares. Buy the car if you like. If not, don't.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:42 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^Totally agree with @frayed.

No car is all things to all people. And, no one has to believe that the latest iteration of something is necessarily or personally "the best." That said, I'm very happy and confident in my decision to get a 991 GT3. I'm fine with people not liking the car because of what it "isn't"...it's my purchase and I'll happily live with what it "is" (...so long as the wife is on board, naturally).
Old 08-27-2013, 04:30 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
It's comical that some profess to be able to read Andreas' mind.

Who cares. Buy the car if you like. If not, don't.
Agree completely. Time to move on.....

Quick Reply: Another new Vid - Feast for the Senses