Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another new Vid - Feast for the Senses

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 09:23 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

@Nizer -- You've found / heard of 991 GT3 allocations available and for better than MSRP?!
Old 08-27-2013, 09:36 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Right. I can see getting bored within a day.. I'll have to find out by buying one?? All the rest is sooo tasty if you really cant tell the RWD and it does not fry itself to death.
If you really must have a stick to play with to keep from getting bored while you're driving, I have a suggestion...........

I can read minds and he thinks, fauk, fauk, fauk...I hope that my customers and close friends buy into this video or my engineering team better figure out how to get that manual into the RS before we start production; I could, well, I could make it like an late special order availability option for like $10K, that's a 15K extra profit and that'll shut these fauking bean counters up alright and I'll be worshipped once again..damn, I should have hit a tree on my 2 hour drive in the Black Forrest and blame it on the boring ride and say I fell asleep. fauk, fauk fauk!!
He wont admit it of course..
LOL. While you're in there, find out what the RS will be like, what Porsche has planned for the 911 in the next few years, and what Mrs. AP has planned for dinner!

Originally Posted by consolidated
Axis chimes in on AP's video, about sums it up for me.

Quote:

Porsche faces the expected criticism for choosing to go two pedal only with the 991 GT3.

Some find amusement in a sports car by operating levers and pedals and thankfully there are plenty of cars produced over the last 100 years or so that can afford them various levels of mechanical and ergonomic complexity.

There is another faction of enthusiast who are not sentimental that way and who are interested most in how to best be as one with a car in the most efficient possible way. Anyone who has driven a Scuderia will not say "meh, it's an automatic" and Ferrari was never sentimental as a car company. Porsche on the other hand has more baggage that way and a particularly luddite owner base, some of which are still holding a grudge over water cooling.

In this video, Andreas Preuninger, project leader for the car, makes the case emotion and connection go beyond interface details.
For the sake of political correctness I won't comment on the "luddite" reference in that quote, but the rest rings completely true.

First in line for an RS, I was first in line for a GT3.
Intelligent life in Florida!

Last edited by Mike in CA; 08-27-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:49 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,722 Likes on 913 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
@Nizer -- You've found / heard of 991 GT3 allocations available and for better than MSRP?!
In the U.S., yes.

Bear in mind we're in the period of maximum hype. New model, pre-deliveries, rave reviews rolling in, buyers salivating and getting themselves all worked up. It's always the same. Trust me, nothing was more scarce and sought after than RS 4.0. They could be found if you were patient and did your homework.

If we're mid-way through actual deliveries and you still haven't found a car ping me and I will help you out.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:55 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Nick is right!

I cry myself to sleep every night for giving out my 991 GT3 spot literally 5 min after they've made the announcement of No Manual.
After that,I spend all day bashing the new GT3 on Internet forums because I'm nothing but a childish hater who saw his childhood dream destroyed by the big old bad man named AP.
In the process,I've convinced many followers to preach my hate : Wanna911 comes to mind,Nizer,Trackcar,Manifold and many others...
" I'm guilty your Honor! "
Kids,lesson learned! Proceed with caution! Do not attempt this at home! Professional driver on a closed circuit!

Old 08-27-2013, 10:38 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
If you really must have a stick to play with to keep from getting bored while you're driving, I have a suggestion...........
I'm very smooth, there isn't much going on in the car. At least not video's I upload LOL.

LOL. While you're in there, find out what the RS will be like, what Porsche has planned for the 911 in the next few years, and what Mrs. AP has planned for dinner!
Easy, CF, lighter, crap delete options, bigger displacement although that may wait till the 991.2RS a big wing and a late availability special order 6 speed manual.

Dinner is easy, all he ever wants to eat is a Schnitzel, speatzle and a mass bier. Plain guy who like the simple things in life.. Oh wait

Originally Posted by Nizer
In the U.S., yes.

Bear in mind we're in the period of maximum hype. New model, pre-deliveries, rave reviews rolling in, buyers salivating and getting themselves all worked up. It's always the same. Trust me, nothing was more scarce and sought after than RS 4.0. They could be found if you were patient and did your homework.

If we're mid-way through actual deliveries and you still haven't found a car ping me and I will help you out.
That's right, going below MSRP or at MSRP for about a year, several came available for sale for perhaps a week before selling.

Originally Posted by neanicu
Nick is right!

I cry myself to sleep every night for giving out my 991 GT3 spot literally 5 min after they've made the announcement of No Manual.
After that,I spend all day bashing the new GT3 on Internet forums because I'm nothing but a childish hater who saw his childhood dream destroyed by the big old bad man named AP.
In the process,I've convinced many followers to preach my hate : Wanna911 comes to mind,Nizer,Trackcar,Manifold and many others...
" I'm guilty your Honor! "
Kids,lesson learned! Proceed with caution! Do not attempt this at home! Professional driver on a closed circuit!

I convinced you
Dangerous territory.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:52 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

@Nizer -- Will do, thanks for the offer.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:38 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where is walter rohrl in all of this?
why no videos of him extolling the heavenly virtues of pdk-s?
he is an honest man with a degree of transparency that cannot be manipulated by any individual/company.
he will tell it like it is. somebody call him to do a video!

maybe a rohrl-edition manual rs for us stubborn, old codgers who like to drive slow?
Old 08-28-2013, 01:19 AM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 136 Posts

Perhaps Walters opinion hasn't been purchased yet....likely negotiating as we speak. lol
Old 08-28-2013, 03:43 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Walter was present for the 991 GT3 press roll out in Ödenwaldstetten where several of the cars that we've seen in these European videos were assembled. He is definitely on board with the program and has been an outspoken proponent of PDK since 2009.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:04 AM
sunnyr
Three Wheelin'

Received 105 Likes on 59 Posts

Probably repost but some interesting and pertinent comments from 3:45 from AP about surveying GT2/3 customers.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:18 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AP lost me at "more involving than a manual". Haven't heard that response being echoed......

LOL. He might as well be trying to sell a 2,000 dollar kirby vacuum cleaner as far as I'm concerned. Cred lost.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:42 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
If a mistake is made with a new model it will be reflected in sales. Try buying a 991GT3 today.
I see people lining up outside phone shops and down the street every time Crapple release their latest iPhony... Doesn't mean the sales are indicative of a great product... Just that there are many sheep wanting to jump onto the bandwagon...

Originally Posted by Nick
To those who refused to buy the 991GT3 because it came only in PDK-S, it is now time to acknowledge you ****ed up and start scrambling to find an allocation or prepare to buy a used one. I write this with some dismay because those of you who stayed away from the GT3 are genuine car enthusiast and track regulars. To be shut out from one of the most exciting cars Porsche has ever built is truly a shame. But in life we make mistakes and must live with them. I hope you all can rectify your error.
Thanks for the advice, but I'll just wipe my backside with my $300k and flush it down the toilet before I spend it on something I don't want...
Old 08-28-2013, 08:00 AM
brake dust
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick View Post
To those who refused to buy the 991GT3 because it came only in PDK-S, it is now time to acknowledge you ****ed up and start scrambling to find an allocation or prepare to buy a used one. I write this with some dismay because those of you who stayed away from the GT3 are genuine car enthusiast and track regulars. To be shut out from one of the most exciting cars Porsche has ever built is truly a shame. But in life we make mistakes and must live with them. I hope you all can rectify your error.
Have to believe that there will be a second and third allocation run of the 991GT3. Saw it with the 997.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:59 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Of course.

Give it a year, maybe 2 and they will be sitting waiting for buyers at the dealer, just like the '04+'05 and '07 GT3's did.

There was no shortage ever except for the '07-'08RS (Supply/demand) and the '10-'11RS including the 4.0 until after the PDK was introduced and production stopped.

They will make many, and maybe more than they can sell once the 991.2 gets introduced.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:25 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,750 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Hence my letting my #2 spot go, and still not putting a deposit down. I can wait to see how things shake out. 991.1 GT3 isn't the only game in town, and I don't jump just because Porsche says 'jump'.

Quick Reply: Another new Vid - Feast for the Senses