Sponsored by:

991 GT3RS Video - Looks great - Sounds Awesome PDK only

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 10:03 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
Damnit, you're to blame? Off with you head.
Old 09-03-2013, 12:47 AM
Zeus
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 09-03-2013, 03:09 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would bet the scoops are functional based on the last iteration of 997 RSR and the 991 RSR. They surely have found something useful for scoops like Aero, IE Ferrari or cooling of some sort. You can see part of the cutout for a larger scoop on the 991. The body of the RS will homologate the RSR, so it's almost certain the scoops are there to stay.

My guess is that it will be THE distinguishing factor (along with some aero bits) assuming that Porsche isn't using stickers anymore.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:31 AM
Boxster Coupe GTS
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Porsche 911 GT3 RSR 4.4-litre

Interesting to see Manthey Racing run a 4.4-litre flat-six at the VLN 6-hour in the Porsche 911 GT3 RSR...

Manthey Racing: "Two-time class victory at the VLN..."

(26 August 2013)

Wochenspiegel driver trio finished second in championship

Meuspath - Two class wins and another class podium are the successful yield Manthey-Racing-6h at this year's race, which is traditionally considered VLN season highlight! In changeable weather in the Eifel newly developed 4.4-liter engine also celebrated a successful first strike in the rear of the yellow-green RSR from Meuspath.

After just one month break over 200 vehicles went in the fifth round of the VLN Endurance Championship at the start in which Manthey Racing the known Porsche 911 GT3 RSR had called in traditional yellow green livery in the SP8 class for the first time. Two reasons prompted Olaf Manthey to "rise" to the new category. "After the crew of the week is to mirror Porsche so promising position in the championship standings, we want the guys in no way take away points," said Manthey.

The second motivation was the premiere of the brand new and increased to 4.4-liter displacement six-cylinder boxer was his baptism of fire with flying colors in the longest VLN race of the season. "For many years we offer performance improvements for street-legal GT3 and the racing appropriate derivatives. This engine is now based on the 4.2 liter engine developed by us for the 997 GT3 and now has a displacement of 4.4 liters. We are now planning a bit of fine tuning for the aggregate and also plan for the remaining VLN races with this engine to go to the start, "the team leader held with a view to the in-house development project.

From the start, drove regular driver Jochen Krumbach and the two Porsche works drivers Joerg Bergmeister and the GT3 RSR Nick Tandy forward and were around long on podium. Drop below the minimum level prescribed time during a pit stop of five hundredths was greeted by the race with a hefty stop-and-go penalty, so you missed the end with only 20 seconds behind the jump to's podium. "Although, of course, a third place overall would have been nicer - with two class wins and another podium finish in the Cup2 in the bag, we return back to Meuspath satisfied," Manthey summarized the results of Saturday together.

Georg Weiss, Michael Jacobs and Jochen Krumbach Oliver Kainz already laid the foundation for training in the now fifth podium finish in the SP7 class in fifth VLN race! Starting driver Kainz presented with great pace and his rider could burn anything. Constantly to be found in the top 10, the mirror-week penalty after 37 rounds crossed the finish line as the seventh overall, continuing his winning streak continues. "We are very pleased to be in this strong and dominated by top pilots get involved competitive environment," Kainz beamed furious after his first stint. "It has shown once again how important a good placement in training!" Co Krumbach was happy as a double starter over two class wins in a race: "When came after more than three hours, the expected rain and the tires Poker began, we were right place at the car of George. "By changing class of" thick "the championship chances assisted by Manthey Racing Porsche Wochenspiegel have further improved. By far three class wins and two second places have Kainz, White and Jacobs halfway through the season very good chance at the title in Europe's most popular endurance racing series.

At a great fourteenth overall Frank Kräling, Marc Gindorf, Peter Scharmach and Marco Schelp drove the orange white and single cup penalty under Mantheyscher named and made with second place in the Cup 2 class third class podium success for Manthey Racing at half race of the VLN perfect ! The fourteenth place overall is even more remarkable because the 911 GT3 Cup was displaced by yellow crime in qualifying ten places back and the quartet was forced to go from 37 start on the grid. "I am totally happy - this is my first finish this year," said Schelp was happy. "This is now hopefully so on!"

From a promising start thirteenth place the Pinta Porsche went into the race. But for Michael Illbruck and Robert Renauer - first supported the 6h race by Marco Seefried - it was a rather streaky race weekend. Already in qualifying the Porsche 911 GT3 R rear right badly damaged in a collision on the suspension and the body. However, the Manthey mechanic repaired the car in record time so that the Pinta Porsche it still make it in time to the starting grid. In the first race then stopped a puncture at the end of the first stint of the advance towards Elfers Top 10 An almost complete Nordschleife lap with speed 50 km / h cost countless placements before the GT3 R was able to resume the chase through the Green Hell again after repair. Placement to placement, the trio battled back again as Seefried crashed after the so-called "Eiskurve". "I can not tell anyone how much I resent my fault," held a deeply troubled driver. "I've had a white vest and had always the great goal once to be driving a Porsche Manthey prepared - and then this happened to me! I really hope I get another chance. "

The sixth round of the VLN Endurance Championship starts on 14 September. The 36th RCM DMV Grenzlandrennen leads again on the usual distance of four hours.

Racing Cars

NR. PILOTS VEHICLE CLASS

12 Klohs, Judge 911 GT3 R SP9
39 Schelp, brother in law 911 GT3 Cup SP9
40 Pinta, Renauer, nn 911 GT3 R SP9
59 White, Jacobs, Kainz 911 GT3 RSR SP7
60 Krumbach, nn 911 GT3 RSR SP7
145 Krumbach, nn 911 GT3 RSR SP8
95 Kräling, Gindorf, nn 911 GT3 Cup Cup2
96 Kohler, Menzel, nn 911 GT3 Cup Cup2

Event Calendar

14.09.2013 - 36th RCM DMV Grenzlandrennen
28.09.2013 - 45th ADAC Barbarossa Cup
12.10.2013 - ROWE DMV 250-mile race
26.10.2013 - 38th DMV Münsterlandpokal

Porsche 911 GT3 RSR 4.4-litre Manthey Racing -- Article Link
Old 09-03-2013, 05:40 AM
BBMGT3
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Boxster Coupe GTS
Interesting to see Manthey Racing run a 4.4-litre flat-six at the VLN 6-hour in the Porsche 911 GT3 RSR...

very interesting. I didn't know the block from the RSR could be built to 4.4L, but then again I'm quite unfamiliar with the engine on the GT3RSR... I wonder how much power it makes. SP8 is a weird class.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:43 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 938 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by consolidated
this forum would self destruct and a black hole would form in it's place
+1 LOL
Old 09-03-2013, 02:59 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,722 Likes on 913 Posts

From the folks over at Topspeed. Don't expect they'll duplicate 3.8 RS graphics and it's missing rear fender intakes but still worth a look.
Attached Images  
Old 09-03-2013, 03:33 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, a 4.4 liter mezger? Doesn't manthey get access to all of the early Porsche goodies? So if there was a new 9A1 based RSR engine, it would be in there?
Old 09-03-2013, 10:36 PM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 146 Posts

Does not look like Frankfurt reveal. Saw the uk press release on the other forum.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:50 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by MEM82
Does not look like Frankfurt reveal. Saw the uk press release on the other forum.
Not sure the press release matters. I don't remember the GT3 being on the Geneva press release. I think the RS is essentially ready to go. The main reason I can see for waiting is Porsche doesn't want to rain on the 918 parade which the RS certainly will do if it is revealed at Frankfurt.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:53 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Can you imagine?
991RS 4.4 lightweight America edition with 6 speed?
Old 09-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,722 Likes on 913 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Can you imagine?
991RS 4.4 lightweight America edition with 6 speed?
They couldn't build enough of them.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:01 PM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon70
Not sure the press release matters. I don't remember the GT3 being on the Geneva press release. I think the RS is essentially ready to go. The main reason I can see for waiting is Porsche doesn't want to rain on the 918 parade which the RS certainly will do if it is revealed at Frankfurt.
Gotcha. Thanks Jon!
Old 09-04-2013, 06:44 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok. I'm on Dubrovnik tonight but what does the game of thrones have to do with the GT3?
Old 09-04-2013, 07:18 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by skuplist
Ok. I'm on Dubrovnik tonight but what does the game of thrones have to do with the GT3?
There was an earlier reference to "off with his head" in this thread....

Quick Reply: 991 GT3RS Video - Looks great - Sounds Awesome PDK only