Sponsored by:

EVO (UK) Full GT3 Test

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 07:40 AM
1198r
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Riz
I can imagine what the RS will be like. It will be even more boring on the street. I will still wait for the RS.
Originally Posted by az audi
If the take the GT3 for a drive in "D", its going to be boring and not engaging. No torque at low RPMs; it will feel slow and boring.

Put the car in "manual", don't ever shift before 4500 RPMs and hitting the rev limiter once in awhile and you'll enjoy ever minute of the drive. You don't have to be going break neck speeds to do this.
I have 997.2 RS and have 30k on clock and most on road as track time limited here in UAE.

It's not the 991 I know, but the most fun car to drive at whatever speed - from pulling out of my drive and power sliding side to side on the block paviors as the tourist bus goes by..... to sitting at the lights listening to all the metallic chimes and a local pulling up in his supercar looking over and smiling (for some reason the green colour in the UAE makes everyone smile!!). Unleash it on the track and we all know what it can do.

For me and all of us having worked hard and saved for many years to get this baby is enjoyment in itself and I should imagine is the same for everyone on this great forum.

The 991 GT3 and RS will be awesome to be in and exciting to drive. Can't wait for my RS!
Old 08-11-2013, 09:35 AM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
The word boring occurs 11 times on this page. Well, 12 now that I wrote boring, too. 13.
So I suggest we call a moratorium on presuming the GT3 is going to be boring. 14. Dammit!

I drive the 991S from day to day (I bought it for myself, but my wife commandeered it after she decided it was "her" car … and that suited me fine, but I found it to be a poor track day car and the steering is annoying) but I wouldn't call it boring. The GT3 won't be bor... um ... dull ... under any circumstances other than having to listen to people who don't drive it explain how it's boring! 15. Dammit!
LMAO, that's excellent!

Quick Reply: EVO (UK) Full GT3 Test