Manual?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 04:09 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by toplabels
Mooty I could not have said it any better you are a genius.
I could be, once I figure out hoe to type
Old 07-17-2013, 04:41 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
Don't agree with that last statement at all!

If someone is willing to go through all that trouble,besides financial means,that person has to be passionate,perseverant and intelligent enough to complete such a task when everyone is telling him it doesn't make sense.
Personally,I'd love to shake such a person's hand!
You misunderstood my comment, Nick. I'm not talking about what a motivated individual might do with regard to installing a MT. I'm talking about what an aftermarket company like Ruf might do, which would make a MT 991 GT3 available to anyone who was willing to pay for one, not just a one-off for a single person.

Do you really think Ruf (or any tuner) would go to the trouble of developing and certifying a MT car if they thought they were going to lose money on it? There's really nothing to argue about here; it's the basic economics of doing business.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:48 PM
TrackFan
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i say this, "life aint perfect, deal with it"

I am, but that doesn't mean I have to always accept what's given to me. If I can change something I don't like. I'm sure going to try. As long as it's legal, and doesn't hurt anybody.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:55 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA

You misunderstood my comment, Nick. I'm not talking about what a motivated individual might do with regard to installing a MT. I'm talking about what an aftermarket company like Ruf might do, which would make a MT 991 GT3 available to anyone who was willing to pay for one, not just a one-off for a single person.

Do you really think Ruf (or any tuner) would go to the trouble of developing and certifying a MT car if they thought they were going to lose money on it? There's really nothing to argue about here; it's the basic economics of doing business.
My apologies Mike,I see...
I still have my money that actually Porsche will eventually offer it before anyone else. That's why we keep crying over here to the annoyance of some...
Old 07-17-2013, 05:15 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
My apologies Mike,I see...
I still have my money that actually Porsche will eventually offer it before anyone else. That's why we keep crying over here to the annoyance of some...
No apology necessary, Nick. Always a pleasure discussing things with you, even when we disagree.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:35 PM
Gros Chien
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TrackFan
I edited my past post. I don't like what I said. Gros...Could you edit out the quote?

Yes, a C7 might be the better choice, but i'll have to wait for the Z06. So, I have time to think about this.
Hey Mr.''you don't know who I am'', you never thanked me
Old 07-17-2013, 06:38 PM
TrackFan
Banned

Sorry. Thanks.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:02 PM
toplabels
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trackfan I've been critical of you wanting to even consider such a task, but you wrote something I could not possibly in a thousand years stand against and that is not confirming to whats given to you and trying your best for what you want. hope I got what you meant.

Anyway, the thing here is that there are opinions as there are people willing to take the time to post here, but none is intended, I hope, with disrespect to anyone. I might feel its foolish of you to want to try to embark in such a quest, but thats only me and you are entitle to your own opinion. We tend to get in trouble when we label people out of rage or fear. For example: the left in this country will label anyone willing to challenge just about anything as a racist which is the worst stand anyone can take. I don't feel like labeling trackfan. I might disagree with you any day of the week and twice on sunday as to my feeling about the fact that I think its useless to try to modify a 991 GT3, but that is human nature. The difference between civilized people and the other spectrum is that we can disagree but still have a beer over it.

Lets no hide the fact that it is easier said than done, but if we understand this premise life goes on to prosperity.

So I still think trackfan that its pointless to do what you want to do, I still think this subject has been beaten which a sledge hammer not once but more than I would want, but it is your money and your time more power to you.

So there you go once more.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:06 PM
toplabels
Instructor

[QUOTE]You misunderstood my comment, Nick. I'm not talking about what a motivated individual might do with regard to installing a MT. I'm talking about what an aftermarket company like Ruf might do, which would make a MT 991 GT3 available to anyone who was willing to pay for one, not just a one-off for a single person.

Mike you are right its all about money at least 99.99% of the time. If there are not enough individuals willing to drop quite a bit of money for this type of conversion the companies that could remotely do something complicated as a manual on a brand new pdk car will not even touch it.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:17 AM
TrackFan
Banned

Trackfan I've been critical of you wanting to even consider such a task, but you wrote something I could not possibly in a thousand years stand against and that is not confirming to whats given to you and trying your best for what you want. hope I got what you meant.

Anyway, the thing here is that there are opinions as there are people willing to take the time to post here, but none is intended, I hope, with disrespect to anyone. I might feel its foolish of you to want to try to embark in such a quest, but thats only me and you are entitle to your own opinion. We tend to get in trouble when we label people out of rage or fear. For example: the left in this country will label anyone willing to challenge just about anything as a racist which is the worst stand anyone can take. I don't feel like labeling trackfan. I might disagree with you any day of the week and twice on sunday as to my feeling about the fact that I think its useless to try to modify a 991 GT3, but that is human nature. The difference between civilized people and the other spectrum is that we can disagree but still have a beer over it.

Lets no hide the fact that it is easier said than done, but if we understand this premise life goes on to prosperity.

So I still think trackfan that its pointless to do what you want to do, I still think this subject has been beaten which a sledge hammer not once but more than I would want, but it is your money and your time more power to you.

So there you go once more.
Maybe i'll surprise you, and drive the PDK. Don't count on it, but don't count it out either.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:09 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by TrackFan
I am, but that doesn't mean I have to always accept what's given to me. If I can change something I don't like. I'm sure going to try. As long as it's legal, and doesn't hurt anybody.
comment not directed at you.
i see you are DEALING with it. get the car, mod to fit.
nothing wrong with it.
i just dont like whining. you aren't whining but just taking your steps to get what you want. bravo.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:29 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
RUF to the rescue?
RGT8 FTW, I'd love it and might go for it had they some decent service centers in Florida.

Mooty I could not have said it any better you are a genius.
Genius and crazy go hand in hand.

Originally Posted by Mike in CA

We can argue about the color. Red's wrong.
Goes for you to Toplabels

Originally Posted by mooty
comment not directed at you.
i see you are DEALING with it. get the car, mod to fit.
nothing wrong with it.
i just dont like whining. you aren't whining but just taking your steps to get what you want. bravo.
I'm gonna keep whining till I get to go back to the track.
Than I'm gonna keep whining till someone lets me test drive a PDK-S RS at Sebring.

Don't count me out of PDK in the future, I cant call it a fun spoiler until I prove it to myself.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:15 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,727 Likes on 914 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Don't count me out of PDK in the future, I cant call it a fun spoiler until I prove it to myself.
PDK no brainer for dedicated track toy, once we know 1) whether it'll hold up at places like Sebring and 2) whether Porsche will stand behind any issues (voided track warranty or no). No interest being beta tester given past experience.

I'll take manual every time for road toy where 10/10's, 9/10's, 8/10's, 7/10's - just about any 10ths - in a GT3 or any other high performance car is self-delusional fantasy.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:03 PM
toplabels
Instructor

You know what guys PDK, Manual....whatever, if you let me drive on a track I am a happy camper. Worries just fade away and all of a sudden everything is so clear far from the daily clutter. For those of you that do track your Porsches I am sure you understand.

Its funny once again because a few years back I bought my first Porsche which was a dream come true, now really seriously a dream come true and a new friend who is a mechanic and a PCA member kinda got me involved in Tracking my cars. My first thought was..."I cant do that I dont have what it takes and it is scary" but once I tried it I was hooked. Now there is a close group of us in my City that track and have incredible fun.

I am not talking about hard core racing I am just talking about driving your Porsche at any particular level that you feel comfortable whether you are competitive and want to be fastest than your piers or just happy with just sensing the feedback of your Porsche as you break into a corner and maneuver your way through it. Its indeed beautiful feeling and also extremely rewarding.

Allow me to add that going on track maybe with someone at your level that you dont even know which challenges you a bit and gives you a sense of thrill as you negotiate with your Porsche on the track you are at is rewarding beyond your expectations. Not enough with that at the end of the session you get to meet this person and all of a sudden you develop a new friendship....priceless. It makes you forget all the money you spent getting there......LOL.

I repeat PDK....Manual....who cares.....give me track time and I'll be more than fine.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:13 PM
TrackFan
Banned

Your next step will be time trials.

Quick Reply: Manual?