Sponsored by:

991 GT3 pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 02:28 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts
Default 991 GT3 pics

I got a chance to see the 991 GT3 in person yesterday. It looks even more amazing in person than it does in the pictures/videos. There was a C7 there, F12, M4 spyder, etc, but the 991 GT3 was the belle of the ball for sure. Stunning. The wheels are masterpieces. If only we could order with the carbon buckets... I waited around to hear the engine fire up, but apparently the car was out of gas and they had to push it off.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:31 PM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 133 Posts

Great pictures but what is the cardboard for? RMS problems already ;-)
Old 07-13-2013, 02:35 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Thanks! Yeah, not sure what the cardboard was doing there, but there were pieces of that strewn everywhere for some reason. It was a private event organized by enthusiasts, so there's only so much they can do.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:38 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Great pics, thanks!
Gorgeous car.
I haven't been so sure about the red stitch. Now that I see it, I think I'll skip and save $1500.
But, these pics reinforce that I want PCCBs and those damn HLs.
Of course with PCCBs yellow belts are a must have, imo.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:48 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

I actually thought the red stitching looked good and would pay for it, but certainly not necessary.

If you go PCCB with yellow belts, I'd skip the red stitch too. I'm not a fan of PCCB though (read sig, lower down)
Old 07-13-2013, 03:42 PM
RobSpyder
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe, what's your opinion of the CF trim in person? I'm not typically a big fan of CF interior, but it looks like a nice accent to the alcantara and red stitching.

Thanks for the pics! Awesome
Old 07-13-2013, 03:57 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by RobSpyder
Joe, what's your opinion of the CF trim in person? I'm not typically a big fan of CF interior, but it looks like a nice accent to the alcantara and red stitching.

Thanks for the pics! Awesome
Thanks,man.

Crap, I didn't notice the CF trim until you mentioned it. I'm not much of CF type of guy, though. I'd rather have the console trim in matching white/exterior color than CF, personally. Like our spyders.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,720 Likes on 913 Posts

Wonder when they're going to stop showing ROW cars in NA....
Old 07-13-2013, 05:09 PM
RobSpyder
Instructor

Originally Posted by orthojoe

Thanks,man.

Crap, I didn't notice the CF trim until you mentioned it. I'm not much of CF type of guy, though. I'd rather have the console trim in matching white/exterior color than CF, personally. Like our spyders.
Yeah, I love that look on our Spyders. I tried it on the GT3 configurator and it just looks kinda off on the 991. Not sure why. Does the GT3 RS show up like that?
Old 07-14-2013, 11:30 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
I actually thought the red stitching looked good and would pay for it, but certainly not necessary.

If you go PCCB with yellow belts, I'd skip the red stitch too. I'm not a fan of PCCB though (read sig, lower down)
Cameras seem to "pick up" contrast stitching and make it more of a contrast than perceived by the eye. Still, I'd not add these decorations to a "purposeful" car. The cabin is already far too tinsel town -- it needs to be toned down, imo.

As for PCCBs, the giant saucers of the 991 GT3 hopefully address the shortcomings of PCCBs in previous generations. PCCBs in the 997 RS were useless for the track, so I can only hope Porsche has finally got it right. I'm not too optimistic, but I'll give 'em another try -- it will help make the decision for the RS, and as others have noted, the steels are already ample to the task, so PCCBs are just an indulgence in "the best" (assuming they turn out to be true to that desire this time round.)

I imagine that dealership just has standing orders to leave a "drip tray" under any car parked along that concrete. I appreciate the "house proud" approach, though it does seem a little excessive in the case of a factory fresh example. I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:00 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
I imagine that dealership just has standing orders to leave a "drip tray" under any car parked along that concrete. I appreciate the "house proud" approach, though it does seem a little excessive in the case of a factory fresh example. I wouldn't be surprised.
Guys, I think we're paying too much attention to a piece of cardboard.

This wasn't at a dealership. It was at Pixar Studio's Motorama event. That cardboard was probably from the food vendors losing control of some of their garbage. It wasn't placed purposely under the car. I can assure you of that.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:40 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 718 Likes on 394 Posts

It looks like the front splitter sits much higher off the ground than on the prior GT3's. Which confirms my opinion that the front-end lift won't be needed on this most street-friendly GT3 variant.

The cardboard box was probably dropped by someone who wanted to abscond with the seats.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:45 PM
mike2727
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
It looks like the front splitter sits much higher off the ground than on the prior GT3's. Which confirms my opinion that the front-end lift won't be needed on this most street-friendly GT3 variant.

The cardboard box was probably dropped by someone who wanted to abscond with the seats.
I think this car has the front end lift installed, and has its nose lifted on the pics

Mike
Old 07-14-2013, 02:31 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I think it still has the blocks installed in the springs. They take them out during the PDI.

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 pics