Old 07-17-2013, 07:40 PM
TrackFan
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drove a GTR. I didn't like it.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:47 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,791 Likes on 2,193 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Heres a challenge to some of those who are anti 991 GT3. Go join Pistonheads.co.uk forum and start posting your comments on their 991 GT3 thread. I dare you. You will find a much less tame and muted response to your cajoling on the UK boards trust me. Could be a great experience. CarreraGT, Trackcar, Manifold, Hostier and other why not step up to the plate and give it a go. The Brits have a way with words and a perspective on this who technology transition thing that will give you much feisty debate. RL is very politically correct by comparison.....
How did I get labeled anti 991GT3? Haven't I said that the car is 'tremendous' and that there is a greater than 50% chance that I'll buy one? My questions are how it will stand up to serious track use, when the bucket seats are coming to the US, whether PDK may eventually becoming boring enough that I regret the purchase ... and whether Porsche will make enough that I can actually buy the damn thing. Not being 100% enamored with the car doesn't make one 'anti' the car. It's not black and white. It's a car with pros and cons relative to various criteria. Appreciate the shades of gray, the nuances, the complexity of the situation. When you make these blanket anti-anti 991 GT3 statements, you contribute to polarizing the discussion and making it less productive.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:04 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry Manifold. It was my mistake putting your avatar up there. And you are right my comment is not helpful here. I must have woken up grumpy today!...
Old 07-17-2013, 08:46 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,791 Likes on 2,193 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Sorry Manifold. It was my mistake putting your avatar up there. And you are right my comment is not helpful here. I must have woken up grumpy today!...
No worries, we all have grumpy days.

Quick Reply: Autoweek GT3 review. Purists get ready.