Sponsored by:

Configurator Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 09:24 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA

Sorry to be confusing. Somewhere Porsche describes the "front" of the dash as the part up by the windshield (as in the pic below) so I'm calling the rest of the dash the "rear" which is the curved part over the instruments and along the edge facing the driver/passenger. That rear part, as the configurator shows, is in leather with stitching when you order the extra cost leather on the seats.

And just to be clear, the tops of the doors (the curved "cap" with stitching above the aluminum trim strips) is also in leather when you choose the full leather seating options.
Mike,funny you've picked a Carrera with a Manual transmission to illustrate this...

Old 07-10-2013, 09:36 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
Mike,funny you've picked a Carrera with a Manual transmission to illustrate this...

I was just looking for the most representative dash photo, Nick, and didn't even notice the gear lever. If I had, I would have Photoshopped in a PDK lever, just for the sake of consistency mind you....

Old 07-10-2013, 10:06 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan39
Do you have experience with the base system? I have always had the upgraded sound system and it was fine. But I think in the GT3, it may be hard to listen to the radio anyway given the noise so I was thinking of passing on it.
I strongly suggest getting SPP. Base stereo is horrific, SPP is tolerable. I know I barley listened to it as the engine/exhaust music is infinitely better but when you do, you'll wish you optioned SPP.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:58 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Sorry to be confusing. Somewhere Porsche describes the "front" of the dash as the part up by the windshield (as in the pic below) so I'm calling the rest of the dash the "rear" which is the curved part over the instruments and along the edge facing the driver/passenger. That rear part, as the configurator shows, is in leather with stitching when you order the extra cost leather on the seats.

And just to be clear, the tops of the doors (the curved "cap" with stitching above the aluminum trim strips) is also in leather when you choose the full leather seating options.
perfect...thanks Mike, I knew this place would know more than the dealer (whom I asked this same question) would.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:00 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dev
I strongly suggest getting SPP. Base stereo is horrific, SPP is tolerable. I know I barley listened to it as the engine/exhaust music is infinitely better but when you do, you'll wish you optioned SPP.
too bad Burmeister is not available
the horror of adding an extra 5 lbs to a GT3
Old 07-13-2013, 06:13 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

If you don't opt for the $1,710 Additional Leather (Dash) but you DO opt for the "And Leather" interior, is that front part of the dash (closest to windshield) a hard black plastic? Or is it a soft touch vinyl?
Old 07-15-2013, 05:25 PM
Dr Mag !
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ON the PCCB option, When i ordered My two I opted for the steel as I plan to track it and Hoosier has no plans to Make the required 20" tire to fit over the gigantic caliper/rotor combination at this time.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:50 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Does anyone have experience with the optional Porsche fire extinguisher? Is it large enough to be useful? Any issues with it's mounting under the drivers seat? I added an aftermarket extinguisher to my Carrera S but it might be nice to have a factory install if it's worthwhile.
Old 07-20-2013, 08:04 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi Mike. Its next to hopeless. Smaller than a can of spray paint (maybe 500gram). The bracket is plastic and flimsy. I bought it then gave it to a watercooler owner - certainly not good enough for an air cooled car. I replaced with a Rennline adjustable FE mount with a quick release BK FE holder and 1+kg FE. Looks lovely, is bog enough to actually help in teh case of a fire and can me moved form car to car very easily so excellent long term investment....all in MHO of course!
Old 07-20-2013, 08:12 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Thanks Macca! Just what I needed to know. Saved me $140.

I still have the 1KG FE so I'll find a way to mount it. Used a BK under seat mount in my Carrera.

Best,
Old 07-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Mike. No problems. I wouldn't normally be so strong about it but it was one of the most underwhelming exclusive options Ive ever ordered and for $200 in local schekles I really felt ripped off when I received it - even by Porsche OEM accessory standards!

At that price you can buy a nice set up like this one I have in the 993 (takes up to 1.2 kg FE)....
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Configurator Questions