Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Configurator Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 10:18 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Ryan--that's great info and FINALLY a clear representation!

Cheers,
0Q991
Old 07-04-2013, 10:22 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Mile--thanks for the clarification!

Wow. I'm glad that the full leather takes care of almost all of the door...but am torn whether or not to just spring the $690 to have it all done.

Are you going to include it?
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Mcsmcs1-- thanks. That's helpful info. So, basically, if I want the doors in leather / Alcantara, I need to get the package for $690 in addition to the $ for "full leather," correct?

But, the dash top IS included with "full leather" besides the front portion closer to the windshield, right?

Sorry for being so redundant! Just that I find that board members with experience tend to know more than most dealers in my experience.
I think Mike has this essentially right. We must be talking about small areas to have a low option cost for both doors. I just don't know what those small areas exactly are.

The description also says that the extended door option includes:

Covered in Black Alcantara®
- Lower section of door panel trim

Without the extended dash option and extended door option, you will still get most of those areas covered in leather and alcan.
0Q991
Drifting

I meant *Mike. Damn this iPhone and clumsy thumbs!
Old 07-04-2013, 10:26 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by reidry
In an email exchange with Melissa at Porsche Exclusive she provided this image:

The orange indicates the area covered by the "Instrument Surround in Leather" option.

Ryan
That's what the configurator should show us. That is incredibly helpful.

Ryan, any chance of getting that kind of graphic for the "CLP - Extended Interior Package, Door Panel in Leather/Alcantara®" option?
Old 07-04-2013, 10:26 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Mike. I think you have solved my dilemma. I do not need CLP option. I only ordered it because I thought it provided the leather top door cap and also the strip below it in silver but if Im correct this already comes in Full leather option which I also selected?

Cheers
That's correct, Macca. The door cap (with the stitching) has always been part of the full leather package; it certainly was/is on my 996, 997 and even Cayenne with full leather and I'm sure it's also included with full leather on the 991 and 991 GT3. The silver trim strip also comes with full leather on the GT3. You don't need CLP unless you want those minor pieces I described above.

Cheers.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:32 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1

Ryan, any chance of getting that kind of graphic for the "CLP - Extended Interior Package, Door Panel in Leather/Alcantara®" option?
I just submitted that very question to Melissa via email. Her autoreply says she will be in the office on 7/5 so hoping to get an answer tomorrow.

Ryan
Old 07-04-2013, 10:35 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Mile--thanks for the clarification!

Wow. I'm glad that the full leather takes care of almost all of the door...but am torn whether or not to just spring the $690 to have it all done.

Are you going to include it?
No problem! I won't spend $690 for that option. Full leather is very worthwhile; I've had it in every Porsche I've owned and will get it this time too, but IMHO anything much beyond that is gilding the lily. The quality of Porsche's vinyl is so good that I doubt anyone will ever notice that little strip on the door. But if it's going to bug you......
Old 07-04-2013, 10:42 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Mike -- Haha...I know what you mean. It's a damn slippery slope and before I know it, all the boxes will be checked...thankfully that $1710 option for forward dash is so expensive, I don't think I'd allow myself that indulgence!

Truthfully, the most important parts to me are the top of the dash (rear) with the stitching, the bottom of the dash including the glove compartment, the tops of the doors with the stitching, the door armrests and handles. And it seems like all are included with "full leather" right?

Can you tell it's my first PCar?
Old 07-04-2013, 10:57 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Mike -- Haha...I know what you mean. It's a damn slippery slope and before I know it, all the boxes will be checked...thankfully that $1710 option for forward dash is so expensive, I don't think I'd allow myself that indulgence!

Truthfully, the most important parts to me are the top of the dash (rear) with the stitching, the bottom of the dash including the glove compartment, the tops of the doors with the stitching, the door armrests and handles. And it seems like all are included with "full leather" right?

Can you tell it's my first PCar?
On my full leather Cayenne and 997 the armrests are leather. On the GT3 it looks like they are alcantera when you get full leather. The door pulls on my Carrera are leather but on my Cayenne I think they are a synthetic. I honestly don't know what they are on the GT3. Everything else you mentioned is either leather or alcantera when you get the full leather option.

Welcome to your first PCar build!
Old 07-04-2013, 11:25 PM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

...Truthfully, the most important parts to me are the top of the dash (rear) with the stitching, the bottom of the dash including the glove compartment, the tops of the doors with the stitching, the door armrests and handles. And it seems like all are included with "full leather" right?...
From what I see on the configurator, there's no way to get leather on the door armrests and the glove compartment. If you chose Full Leather, then those items will be in Alcantara.

Old 07-04-2013, 11:26 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Mike -- thanks for all the insight. Looking forward to what lies ahead!
Old 07-04-2013, 11:29 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Alpine Al -- you're right. Sorry--Im good with either leather or Alcantara on those surfaces. I was just too lazy to type it out explicitly...haha.

Thanks for looking out!
Old 07-05-2013, 09:54 AM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1

Melissa at Porsche Exclusive got right back with me, she is awesome. Here is a picture of a door panel where she has highlighted the sections, in green this time, that are covered by the Extended Interior Package, Door Panel in Leather/Alcantara option.

Enjoy!

Ryan
Old 07-05-2013, 10:01 AM
991 3Turbo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you order steering column in leather will it have red stitching if you ordered guards red stitching upgrade or is that part still gray? I can't figure that out.

Eric

Quick Reply: Configurator Questions