Sponsored by:

Order... Order in the House

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 11:48 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 193 Posts
Thumbs down Order... Order in the House

Been visiting this forum since its creation and like many others, I'm awaiting the arrival of the 991 GTx variants with baited breath.

At this point not a single plebian customer (myself included) have driven this car. None. Which is why the majority of old(er) timers have remained silent on this forum. Everybody's intelligent until one opens one's mouth and proves otherwise. That's one fine principle.

Then comes along a bunch of new users and unpaid guys who blabbers along, fanboy style. Nothing wrong with liking a car or idea--heck this is a self-selecting group of Porsche fans and we're all predisposed to "like". But I have issues with troll-style participation that add absolutely ZERO substance to the discussion. Name-calling longtime users who've contributed real, original content to the RL community in the past. This white noise from people who've contributed exactly ZERO to the RL community, in past content and subscription fees has to stop. One scan at the autocar thread tells the story: single-digit postcount guys making big points and calling people names...

There're many other forums out there for innuendo of a brainless nature, but not RL. That's exactly why RL is a paid model while others are free.

I believe it's time for the admin(s) to take a more active role in this forum.

Last edited by CRex; 06-29-2013 at 01:50 AM.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:52 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 981 Likes on 434 Posts

I agree.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:27 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,726 Likes on 914 Posts

The Dude abides.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:32 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

I completely agree with the issues of name calling and showing disrespect for other posters. There's no place for that on RL regardless of POV, from high or low post-count members, paid or unpaid.

OTOH, the Autocar thread has over 60 posts with 2 or 3, from a couple of individuals, who briefly stepped over the line with their opinions; maybe not exactly a crisis yet requiring admin intervention. IMHO, this is something that we can self-correct.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:28 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex
Been visiting this forum since its creation and like many others, I'm awaiting the arrival of the 991 GTx variants with baited breath.

At this point not a single plebian customer (myself included) have driven this car. None. Which is why the majority of old(er) timers have remained silent on this forum. Everybody's intelligent until one opens one's mouth and proves otherwise. That's one fine principle.

Then comes along a bunch of new users and unpaid guys who blabbers along, fanboy style. Nothing wrong with liking a car or idea--heck this is a self-selecting group of Porsche fans and we're all predisposed to "like". But I have issues with troll-style participation that add absolutely ZERO substance to the discussion. Name-calling longtime users who've contributed real, original content to the RL community in the past. This white noise from people who've contributed exactly ZERO to the RL community, in past content and subscription fees has to stop. One scan at the autocar thread tells the story: single-digit postcount guys making big points and calling people names...

There're many other forums out there for innuendo of a brainless nature, but not RL. That's exactly why RL is a paid model while others are free.

Here here!
Old 06-29-2013, 09:44 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

funny **** crex
all posts above this one are all long time posters. we were all silent intelligent, now we all posted thus moronic. I'm proud to be amongst a group of the finest idiots!

fan boy is ok. to each his own. I'm eager to try the new car. I'm working on my car loving sister so she can buy one and I can trash it. only fair since I taught her how to stick shift, run red lights, donuts, and tracking.

there's no need to argue what's the BEST. there are no BEST. I would like to keep an old manual and lease a high production, gt paddle car. I think the use of the new gt will b different than past. as hardcore and insane as I am, I don't drive 6/7 gt car on street much. occasional blast up coast to devour cow girl cheese and hg island oyster but that's it. new gt I can see used as a car for everyday.

one is no superior than the other.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:01 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex

Not sure its out of hand. Its spirited. The 991 GT3 is stirring emotions. The mezger fan boys seem to hate the fact that its not mezger / mt. The PDK / 9a1 fan boys are excited for the car. Every thread degenerates down the same path. Its like a religious argument - no one will evr convince the other side that their pov makes sens. If the mezger fan boys don't like the 991 or PDK why even go to that forum and **** all over it. It is what it is - no amount of moaning and groaning will change that.

I went over to that thread you referenced to see what was up and Crex your part of the general fray - this is your first post there. So if you want order, you may want to set an example

"What the flying f*ck is this idiot saying? I can't deal with journos speaking in superlatives. "
Old 06-29-2013, 01:40 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
I went over to that thread you referenced to see what was up and Crex your part of the general fray - this is your first post there. So if you want order, you may want to set an example
My comment specifically had to deal with one journo and was directed at exactly that, not because of the content, but because of what I deem to be an irrelevant perspective (comfort) and tone (superlatives). For fellow RLers I try to keep a modicum of respect, even when they haven't said anything to the benefit of the RL community before.

I'm a likely buyer of the 991 like many others, and it's truly silly to think of existing owners as jihadists against progress. We just want facts and not fanaticism-driven hype.

To me the line is crossed when a bunch of unknown entities start throwing mud at other longtime RLers based on little more than their own opinions. I'd like to think of RL as a rather factual place, hence the above sentiments and my desire to keep it from degenerating into one of those other forums...

p.s. it took all this catharsis for me to realize I'm a bigot... newbies who blabber nonsense I really have no patience for. But for you old timers I can put up with most anything. Heck, someone like mooty can post pics of cows for the next 5 months and still have a signal-to-noise ratio higher than all newbies on the autocar thread combined. And that's fine by me. Maybe I'm the one who needs to be be disciplined

Quick Reply: Order... Order in the House