Sponsored by:

New Options in Configurator

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 09:56 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
It doesn't have it, unfortunately. It has "shut up and drive", though.
OK, that was funny.....
Old 06-30-2013, 10:18 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Seems odd to leave it out. The 991 with the feature still have a fake key to give you that nostalgic left hand start feeling.

Wow.

So the car is locked and I want to take it out for a drive. If I understand correctly there is no keyless entry at all? I have to get the key out, push the unlock button, hop in, insert key in dash, depress brake, turn key to start?

Ryan
Old 06-30-2013, 10:36 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by reidry

Seems odd to leave it out. The 991 with the feature still have a fake key to give you that nostalgic left hand start feeling.

Wow.

So the car is locked and I want to take it out for a drive. If I understand correctly there is no keyless entry at all? I have to get the key out, push the unlock button, hop in, insert key in dash, depress brake, turn key to start?

Ryan
I don't get it either. Doubt it weighed that much to eradicate. It is an option I am loving on my current car.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:53 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow.

Ryan
I know far to much work!!! Then you have to press that long, slim, pedal to make it go.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:55 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 911dev
I know far to much work!!! Then you have to press that long, slim, pedal to make it go.

Vroom Vroom
Old 06-30-2013, 11:22 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,723 Likes on 914 Posts

And 991.2 GT3 will have "shut up and let me drive for you" option.....
Old 07-01-2013, 09:15 AM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
And 991.2 GT3 will have "shut up and let me drive for you" option.....
ba da boom... I was wondering how long it would take.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:24 AM
Arth
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dev

ba da boom... I was wondering how long it would take.
Haha seriously
Old 07-02-2013, 02:42 PM
GeoffJr@Isringhausen
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In case anyone was wondering, I found out that special order deviated stitching won't be available on the GT3 only Platinum Grey and Guards Red as shown on the configurator. The official PAG statement in regards to PTS orders hasn't been made, but we are expecting it by the end of the year or beginning of 2014. PTS pricing is expected to be 5,500 usd, but this has not yet been confirmed.

Is anyone order their car in a PTS color? What color if so?
Old 07-02-2013, 02:56 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Deleted

Last edited by mcsmcs1; 07-02-2013 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Wrong thread
Old 07-02-2013, 11:04 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

In the configurator under the Interior Aluminum options, the option for

"Brushed Aluminum Interior package, Anthracite (i.c.w. Leather interior)" states that the items finished in brush aluminum are the Gear selector, Dashboard trim strip including cupholder trim, and the door panel trim

1. Is there an option that I'm missing that would make the console trim match the aluminum finish? There is an option for the Carrera XYE that does this.

2. It mentions Gear selector, does it just change the finish or does the style change? On the Carerras there seems to be two style gear selectors available, the standard, the standard brushed, and the aluminum.

Ryan
Old 07-02-2013, 11:40 PM
GeoffJr@Isringhausen
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the configurator under the Interior Aluminum options, the option for

"Brushed Aluminum Interior package, Anthracite (i.c.w. Leather interior)" states that the items finished in brush aluminum are the Gear selector, Dashboard trim strip including cupholder trim, and the door panel trim

1. Is there an option that I'm missing that would make the console trim match the aluminum finish? There is an option for the Carrera XYE that does this.

2. It mentions Gear selector, does it just change the finish or does the style change? On the Carerras there seems to be two style gear selectors available, the standard, the standard brushed, and the aluminum.

Ryan
I think by the configurator stating "gear selector" it is a typo and they mean center console. If you look at the carbon fiber section you can see there is no carbon fiber gear shift option, only the option for the center console in carbon fiber. I will find out definitively tomorrow.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:28 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

As long as we're on the subject, how does the "Brushed Aluminum Interior package, Anthracite (i.c.w. Leather interior)" differ from the "aluminum" dash/door/console trim that comes standard with the full leather option? Is it real aluminum versus plastic? Is it a different color? It looks the same in the configurator.....
Old 07-03-2013, 07:15 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=Mike in CA;10582966]As long as we're on the subject, how does the "Brushed Aluminum Interior package, Anthracite (i.c.w. Leather interior)" differ from the "aluminum" dash/door/console trim that comes standard with the full leather option? Is it real aluminum versus plastic? Is it a different color? It looks the same in the configurator.....[/QUOTE

I don't know if it is real aluminum, although it sounds that way. When I turn my computer's brightness all the way up, there is a noticeable difference and the anthracite appears grey-black, rather than regular aluminum color.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:26 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

I don't know if it is real aluminum, although it sounds that way. When I turn my computer's brightness all the way up, there is a noticeable difference and the anthracite appears grey-black, rather than regular aluminum color.
I tried the brightness trick but can detect no difference when toggling back and forth between the standard trim and the aluminum option. Oh well. It sure makes sense that it would be real aluminum based on the description, just wondering if it actually looks different. Might be worth it just to make the plastic go away.....

Quick Reply: New Options in Configurator