Sponsored by:

New Options in Configurator

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 09:57 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ny991
I don't relate to the deviated stitching group. I just want the performance options. I know it is not about price with those options, but I just want the options that make the car work fastest in my environment. I just want to hear the exhaust note whenever I am tracking out.
I didn't see any performance options.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:05 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
Stitching. . . I had deviated in my Ferrari and it looked great. I'm conflicted in the 3, though it would help break up a sea of black with some silver bits.
Maybe I'm not understanding, frayed, but deviating silver stitching is standard. The deviated red is optional and extra cost.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:21 PM
ny991
Nordschleife Master

Received 164 Likes on 114 Posts

I totally agree that is a personal preference. I just look at what Porsche wants to have the steering wheel in deviated stitching and it is a profit center to them. I just don't look at this car as a DD. I totally respect, and enjoy seeing, how everyone specs out their build. But you don't see a lot of video on the aesthetics. The video is dominated by track sounds.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:23 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 62 Posts

When you check the full leather option Porsche recommends getting the center console in leather as well. Thoughts?
Old 06-29-2013, 01:30 PM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
When you check the full leather option Porsche recommends getting the center console in leather as well. Thoughts?
The "center console trim in leather" option only affects the aluminum colored plastic trim shown below. If you like the look, then get it, but don't get it just because Porsche (or anyone else) recommends it.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:45 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

I don't see the recommendation from Porsche you're referring to.

Alpine-al is right. The center console trim in leather is that single trim strip.
If you choose the "interior package in leather" for $790 which covers the "aluminum" trim on the doors and dash, then you should probably also choose the $300 leather console trim to cover the similar trim on the console. If you're going to leave the door and dash trim alone, I'd also leave the console trim. My opinion.....
Old 06-29-2013, 06:08 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 799 Posts

Or is it the dealer claiming that and dropping the corporate name. Remember that every option you pick, and sales advisors are trained that way, increases the bottom $ for you know who.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:25 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Once the dealership gets trained in the GT3 options I will sit down with the sales person and decide what I want. I am sure he will have other models I can look at with these various options.

I know that dealers make money on these options and honestly I don't mind. But my sales person knows what my plans are for the car (hold it for a couple of years) and he knows which options are worthwhile and which are not. For an example, he showed me the difference between full leather and the Porsche plastic. He was encouraging me to go with the plastic but since this car will cost close to $150,000 like Frayed I want it to look like one. There were other high priced options that I was considering and he would tell me they will not add to or help resale. Bottom line, I trust him.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:40 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

And one can NOT get 5 bolts rims?
Old 06-29-2013, 08:01 PM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
Or is it the dealer claiming that and dropping the corporate name. Remember that every option you pick, and sales advisors are trained that way, increases the bottom $ for you know who.
The recommendation that Nick saw is in the configurator. See below.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:08 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by alpine-al
The recommendation that Nick saw is in the configurator. See below.

Ok, that's what I suggested above. If you get the door trim leather you should also get the console trim leather. But Nick said he saw that message when he chose "full leather" which is the usual name for the $3320 "and leather" option you select when you are choosing the seats.

A confusion of terms, I think....
Old 06-29-2013, 08:50 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Honestly, who wouldn't be confused by this configurator? They have so many leather options one does not have a clue what they are getting. For an example, where does it say that by selecting the sport steering wheel it means it is in leather instead of alcantara?

All the leather options only point to Porsche being cagey with the option list. Had they just had an option of interior leather with seats in a combination of alcantara and leather the whole package would cost close to $6000. Rather they incrementally raise the price by providing smaller leather options each of which from an aesthetic point of view would require to add additional leather. At the end of the day, you end up paying the $6000.

Why would anyone just order a partial leather. IMO it is either all or none.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:13 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Honestly, who wouldn't be confused by this configurator? They have so many leather options one does not have a clue what they are getting. For an example, where does it say that by selecting the sport steering wheel it means it is in leather instead of alcantara?

All the leather options only point to Porsche being cagey with the option list. Had they just had an option of interior leather with seats in a combination of alcantara and leather the whole package would cost close to $6000. Rather they incrementally raise the price by providing smaller leather options each of which from an aesthetic point of view would require to add additional leather. At the end of the day, you end up paying the $6000.

Why would anyone just order a partial leather. IMO it is either all or none.
It's confusing, no question. Personally, I think if one orders the $3320 leather option on the "interior" tab you get a leather package that includes most of the good stuff necessary to give the interior an upscale look and a nice leather smell. The other adds here and there are extras, IMO, and can be passed on unless one particular thing suits your fancy like leather seat backs or the "aluminum" trim in leather.

As for the wheel, if you click on that option you can see the wheel in the picture change from alcantera to leather. I agree, it should be spelled out more clearly.....
Old 06-29-2013, 11:16 PM
991 3Turbo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The configurator is without a doubt confusing and the tiny pictures are flat out pathetic for an expensive car. For 150k full leather ought to be standard. What REALLY is ridiculous is paying for heated seats and dimming mirrors and keyless entry of cars this expensive. Absurd. For example, LED headlights to be standard on 2014 Toyota Corolla and keyless entry standard on every 2014 GM car.

Porsche sticks it to their customers because they know they can pull it off.
Old 06-30-2013, 12:03 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

all those options are dead wt.
i need real seats that's it.

Quick Reply: New Options in Configurator