Rennlist Member

Received 1,722 Likes on 913 Posts

Time to roll out the dog photos....
Attached Images  
Old 06-28-2013, 10:31 PM
Horstair
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Some good-looking foxhounds (my favorite...)... Keep up the good work, guys. This thread has been more entertaining than some of my best books...
Old 06-28-2013, 10:34 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3ZZZ

I can't deal in reading BS from idiots who haven't driven the car.
Welcome to the forum!
Are you planning to contribute with anything else other than rude behavior towards other members?
How about a subscription,it's only a few bucks,shouldn't be a problem for you tough guy...
Now,let's not degenerate this discussion,stick to your opinions without personal attacks.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:24 PM
fbirch
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Time to roll out the dog photos....
Here are some shots of Ozzy the dog – half Dachshund, half pit bull. A frequent visitor to the paddock at NOLA Motorsports Park, he looks ferocious, but will lick your face within seconds of meeting you.
Attached Images    
Old 06-29-2013, 12:06 AM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

A Dachsund/Pitbull mix sounds more odd than the Beagle/Rottweiler I had in college. He looks like a very cool dog though.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:07 AM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by consolidated
It was. I'm a fan of the car. No harm, no foul.
Thank you. Me Too. Delivered my 991 C2S Trade to dealer today before it loses any more resale value since my 991 GT3 confirmed yesterday for November Delivery. My Panamera S will have to be my Track duty stand-in until then. Going to be a Looooongggggg 5 Months....
Old 06-29-2013, 12:27 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow I get busy for a day or two look back to this thread and BAMB! My the fun I have been missing out on!

The smart naysayers are slowly choosing to sit out the side lines and remain quite as the reviews start to flow. I think the news Dario F has ordered one site unseen (something he swore he would never do again when buying a new car) and reviews like AutoCar have started to remind some of the smarter long term posters who have been giving the 991 GT3 the bird from the get go.

Of course we still have a few of the original "blitzkrieg brigade" trashing the car on every aspect most chances they get. This includes character assassination of renound motor noters with racing credentials - people whom they have never met and cannot even begin to compare their own limited skills and experiences with cars to. RWS and non Metzger hecklers have gone a bit silent interestingly.

Missing today are the 30's something baseball cap wearing driving expert and wannabe professional racing drivers making comment about things they could never know. Maybe the credentials of those now saying they love the car in the press is starting to take its toll with CH, Dario and a number of other professional drivers starting to announce they have ordered the car...

Of course we now have new naysayers and driving god experts joining the ranks to fill the places of the missing undead.

As for our British friend GTZZZZ. Bring on more like him I say. Call a spade a spade none of the PC nana stuff where we all make lurid remarks then hide behind our middle class sensibilities and get all tremble knee'd on here when some calls another in. Hes quite right too the trashing of this board has not gone un announced elsewhere in the internet world and I have read UK and European forums where some of the naysayers here are now being called yankee MT fundamentalists LOL. I'm not sure what that is all about as I thought those guys blew up buildings not balanced discussions on forums but I guess there may be some analogy.

As for what to come, well by now you all know me quite well and my predictions too. So I say you will get 2-3 more reviews similar to what you have seen over the next few weeks. These are short 2 hour test drives by well known and prominent world wide motor journalists. One will be an American too. Then we will have the global press release at which time any chance of anyone getting on the list for a new GT3 will be decimated as the worlds motor media rant and rave about what a brilliant car this is and the best Porsche ever (even though some may wish it was manual).

Of course on here we will have lost many of our original naysayers by this stage but the 991 GT3 Apocalypse Zombie 991 Detractors brigade will send new reinforcements No doubt. Probably people with less than 6 months on the board and 50 posts as things will be getting thin by then.

After that we will have the track reviews and I believe this will really be the eye opener. This thing will astound pro drivers, handy wheelmen and motor noter hacks galore. On the track or tarmac road race they will all declare it as better than the manual could achieve and in its own element etc etc etc

Of course eventually things will quieten down and this may even become a board you can have intelligent debate and learn things. A few years after the 991 GT3 has sold out a number of you (already owners of 4.0RS, 997.2 GT3) will quietly slink back with your newly acquired used 991 GT3/RS and eventually become vocal supporters. Of course some of you will have made such absolute **** of yourself by that stage coming back may be hard, but we are an open minded bunch us 991 GT3 buyers hence why we have considered the car in the first place so we most probably will welcome you with open arms and smiles fit for lost friends...but make sure you are wearing your groin protector just in case LOL!

Anyway now Ive had my rant please continue the healthy and intelligent debate, character assignation, trashing a car you've never seen nor driven and making absolute fools of yourself for us to have fun with when the above predictions have come true and youve realized that you made a mistake.

The 991 GT3 is a revolution. The 991 GT3 is the most controversial Porsche ever to grace these hallowed webthreads and the 991 GT3 will become known as the dogs bollox and the best drivers car available on the market today for less than hyper money!

Nuff said...

Last edited by Macca; 06-29-2013 at 01:37 AM.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:39 AM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fbirch
Here are some shots of Ozzy the dog – half Dachshund, half pit bull.
We've all had nights like that am I right?

Very cool mix, and yes ferocious looking...for a wiener dog.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:50 AM
Cogito_Ergo_Zoom
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by fbirch
Here are some shots of Ozzy the dog – half Dachshund, half pit bull. A frequent visitor to the paddock at NOLA Motorsports Park, he looks ferocious, but will lick your face within seconds of meeting you.
That is a very cool looking dog.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:59 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a load of hogwash Macca, most of the reviews have echo'd the naysayers. Most of them are just tired of the fanboys defending every element used in the production of the 991. It's still expected to be better suited for Cars N Coffee than the track by some of us who are actually going to the track between posts and not just talking about it hypothetically. That or cancelled orders and moved on to something else already (M3EvoBR for example). No one is cowering in any corners. They will be at the track waiting for you, if you actually get there.

The 991 is the best (on paper) GT3 ever with it's improvements. But statistics aren't what make a car special. Dario, etc go through cars like water. Let's see how long they keep them, how much they drive them compared to their other cars.... That will tell the real story.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:07 AM
1198r
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Flip, my cat just read this thread and this is what he thought... the room started spinning too.

Last edited by 1198r; 10-30-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:45 AM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Of course we still have a few of the original "blitzkrieg brigade" trashing the car on every aspect most chances they get. This includes character assassination of renound motor noters with racing credentials - people whom they have never met and cannot even begin to compare their own limited skills and experiences with cars to. RWS and non Metzger hecklers have gone a bit silent interestingly
If any of this was directed my way be aware I am not trashing the car, in fact I am strongly considering canceling my C4S order for a GT3 and waiting longer for my Porsche. While Sutcliffe may be a good driver, I do not like his reviews. Read my posts again and you will see I am not trashing the car at all.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:08 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJay
If any of this was directed my way be aware I am not trashing the car, in fact I am strongly considering canceling my C4S order for a GT3 and waiting longer for my Porsche. While Sutcliffe may be a good driver, I do not like his reviews. Read my posts again and you will see I am not trashing the car at all.
Love the Siamese! We have your twinny!

DrJay. It wasn't directed at you specifically. I have only seen two reviews of this car to date (CH & Autocar). Both were huge testaments to the GT3 with CH bringing the obvious question to bear about what Porsche are doing moving the GT platform away from MT. I enjoyed the CH interview more than the Steve S one. I like Chris's journo style more and know his work better (and find it mostly agreeable over the years). However the SS review has some interesting points. He drove the car mostly in the wet with trackion control off (cold day 13.5 C and a different location than the CH review). It was interesting to see how it handles on corners in the wet and he made comment on the suspension on the road etc. It did add a little new information which was good.

I spend only a limited number of days in my home country each year where I get to drive on paved roads. My 911 therefore has to perform as daily driver, errant runner and touring to visit friends across country. each year it additionally has to perform 500-1000km in closed stage open speed tarmac rally events (Targa NZ our greatest road rally). Additionally in 2013 and 2014 the car will see around 1500-2000 track kms per annum. To get a 993 performing well across these categories isnt cheap with the car probably owing me a similar sum of money to the new GT3. That the 991 GT3 can not only meet all these requirements out off the box but significantly better them in almost every dimension without modification is a testament to what Porsche has created IMHO.

Heres a copy of the 7 page feature in a top NZ motor magazine this month on my 993. Also a pic of the A3 pull out poster that comes with the magazine. The article also covers off briefly some of the competitive events the car has taken part in....
Attached Images   
Old 06-29-2013, 02:31 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,709 Likes on 2,686 Posts

Nice, Macca!
Old 06-29-2013, 06:23 AM
Bill_C4S
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Macca - where might we find the article...other than wandering down to Auckland and picking it up at the local?

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 video review by AutoCar