Sponsored by:

My build

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 01:13 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 265 Posts

Can anyone comment on the 90L (factory) tank and how much baffling it may have? That is a big tank and I am not sure how much slushing around you'd get if you are running part tank to save weight at let's say at DE's, ...
Old 06-23-2013, 01:24 PM
991 3Turbo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FastLaneTurbo
If car is being delivered in the U.S. you may want to consider adding several no cost ($0) options:
90 Liter (23.7 Gals) Fuel Tank in place of Standard 16.9 Gal Tanks (Prox 1 Hour on the Track)
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell (Useful for maps)
Floormats - Protects Carpeting and you can always remove
Smoking Package - I don't smoke either but Pkg adds a closing lid to open Console cubby
On the configurator, unless I am mistaken, the smokers package adds an ashtray and outlet to the otherwise open cubby. Nowhere does it say the lid doesn't open on all models, just that the extra stuff is in there. Am I incorrect?

I also don't want to explain to the next buyer, if ever, why I got a smokers package.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:31 PM
991 3Turbo
Racer

Originally Posted by frayed
Agreed! Silly option and a wart you cannot read at speed anyway.

As far as the build; here are my opinions (you asked ):

OP you sure you can get away w/o lift? I grew up in upstate NY and there are enough transitions (driveways, gas stations, etc) where the the lift becomes quite useful. Have you had a GT3 before?

Carbon fiber: I guess I've never been a fan b/c it's just stick on CF. If structural then that's a different story

Clear lenses: not a big fan of them. Looks aftermarket in a ricer-ish kind of way.

PDLS: I'm not sure they are worth the cash, and I think the standard silver surrounds look better than the black.

Red dials: To me these look over-done. For another red accent, red belts are the way to go.
I agree with many things you say except two. If you are into styling details, the black light capsules will be much more stylish on the bright white car with black outside details and no other chrome. As far as the black car is concerned, keeping everything dark and no chrome again gives the sinister car look that I and many others love. These are the two colors from which I will choose. Never had a white car but it looks sweet.

The clear lenses without a doubt look ricerish and contrived, and take me back to bad memories of Civics. Look truly silly.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:37 PM
991 3Turbo
Racer

Originally Posted by CAlexio
LOL, why do friends not let friends get red dials?.. Is this the same for yellow dials/white dials?

Is there an aftermarket solution for dials colors?.. The price charged is absurd.. They are just colored plastic disks.. When I was a kid I had an Audi a4 which I changed color of dials to white.. They were $60.. Just took dash apart and replaced them.

Is this done in Porsche world?
Amen, the price is absurd. Think of the other absurdities such as charging over 1000 bucks for keyless entry/ignition on other 911 models(standard on every 2014 GM car) and LED headlights at 2k more than Xenons(LED headlights standard on 2014 Corolla).

No keyless option on the GT3 is absurd. I hate keys hitting my leg and banging around and having to find the damn things all the time and the potential to get locked out. 148k and my car has to have a key! Push button ignition is also very cool looking IMHO
Old 06-23-2013, 01:38 PM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by CAlexio
LOL, why do friends not let friends get red dials?..
Or vote Democrat! LOL.

Is there an aftermarket solution for dials colors?.. The price charged is absurd.. They are just colored plastic disks.
This is b/c even PAG knows they look gaudy so they punish buyers who opt for them.

Originally Posted by 991 3Turbo
I agree with many things you say except two. If you are into styling details, the black light capsules will be much more stylish on the bright white car with black outside details and no other chrome. As far as the black car is concerned, keeping everything dark and no chrome again gives the sinister car look that I and many others love. These are the two colors from which I will choose. Never had a white car but it looks sweet.

The clear lenses without a doubt look ricerish and contrived, and take me back to bad memories of Civics. Look truly silly.
Agree with you on black housings on a black car. White, not so much. Car will look like a Panda.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:41 PM
frayed
Race Car

I also don't want to explain to the next buyer, if ever, why I got a smokers package.
Doubtful it will even be a question that comes up during resale. I wouldn't let that deter you; there's not going to be a resale penalty for it.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:01 PM
991 3Turbo
Racer

Originally Posted by frayed
Or vote Democrat! LOL.

This is b/c even PAG knows they look gaudy so they punish buyers who opt for them.

Agree with you on black housings on a black car. White, not so much. Car will look like a Panda.
Very amusing definitely funny but disagreeing on the white car. On Porsche gallery look fantastic to me!
Old 06-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

On the configurator, unless I am mistaken, the smokers package adds an ashtray and outlet to the otherwise open cubby. Nowhere does it say the lid doesn't open on all models, just that the extra stuff is in there. Am I incorrect?

Sorry if I'm misinterpreting your question but to clarify, without the smokers package there is an open cubby with no lid. With the smokers package there is an ashtray, lighter/outlet, and a lid.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:12 PM
ny991
Nordschleife Master

Received 164 Likes on 114 Posts

I have to agree, the red is gone. However, I cannot get the configurator to give me a grey interior. Is that a special? I would like the pebble grey with the blue, or a grey/black two tone.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:56 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by ny991
I have to agree, the red is gone. However, I cannot get the configurator to give me a grey interior. Is that a special? I would like the pebble grey with the blue, or a grey/black two tone.
The only interior color available in the GT3 is black....

Quick Reply: My build