Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Axle Lift system

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 04:29 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talked to dealer today; they don't think the lift will cause any US delays. Lift goes live for production October 1 IIRC.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
Talked to dealer today; they don't think the lift will cause any US delays. Lift goes live for production October 1 IIRC.
What did they say about when they expect allocations?
Old 06-07-2013, 05:03 PM
Dude-
Pro

PNA estimates mid to late this month so at best next week or more. They gave me that estimate a few weeks ago.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:38 PM
frayed
Race Car

Confirming another post, the hold up on allocations into June was to allow dealers allocations based on sales through end of May. Perhaps the reporting of the sales figures and final allocations go through some deliberation process at the mother ship.

For me the only reason why I care so much is the possibility of a euro delivery. If that does become a reality, I'll get some business meetings on the books while in DE and perhaps FR.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
Confirming another post, the hold up on allocations into June was to allow dealers allocations based on sales through end of May. Perhaps the reporting of the sales figures and final allocations go through some deliberation process at the mother ship.

For me the only reason why I care so much is the possibility of a euro delivery. If that does become a reality, I'll get some business meetings on the books while in DE and perhaps FR.
Interesting about the allocations issue and basing it on sales through May. When I told my salesman what I'd heard about this he was surprised and also thought it strange since he basically has a backlog of orders and can't get enough cars of any type to fill them. When a truck rolls up with new cars, they are mostly already sold. He thought basing allocations on sales was unfair since he can't get all the cars from Porsche that he could otherwise sell. Time will tell on this, I guess. Being #1 on the list I'm not too worried......
Old 06-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Interesting about the allocations issue and basing it on sales through May. When I told my salesman what I'd heard about this he was surprised and also thought it strange since he basically has a backlog of orders and can't get enough cars of any type to fill them. When a truck rolls up with new cars, they are mostly already sold. He thought basing allocations on sales was unfair since he can't get all the cars from Porsche that he could otherwise sell. Time will tell on this, I guess. Being #1 on the list I'm not too worried......
Also, ROW have their allocations. What criteria did Porsche use to allocate to them? Certainly cannot be sales through May. Many had their allocation before then.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:14 PM
frayed
Race Car

Well EP and Middle East get their cars earlier so perhaps sales through April, followed by allocations in May?

Quick Reply: Axle Lift system