Sponsored by:

GT3 Allocation Available at Porsche of Monterey

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 11:40 AM
unclejosh
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default GT3 Allocation Available at Porsche of Monterey

I decided to wait another year, so my slot is now available.

Contact Ray Ramsey at the dealer- my sales person and a true Porsche enthusiast. Easy to work with.

PM me if you have any questions.

unclejosh
Old 05-29-2013, 11:46 AM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wouldn't they just bump everyone up a notch? I bet their wait list is longer than the allocations they will receive.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:52 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 58 Posts

I still believe those early on the list may decide to wait. For an example, the black painted wheels will be offered in September. The sport buckets seats may follow soon thereafter. In addition there is talk of possible delay on the front lifter. All in all maybe it is better to wait a few months before ordering the car. Who knows, maybe they will decide to make the MT available.

If Porsche continues to hold back allocations to US dealers they well may see additional early defections.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:55 AM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by Nick

If Porsche continues to hold back allocations to US dealers they well may see additional early defections.
Don't be a wuss.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:24 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

There are some who believe you should never order an early new model. The reasons are well known. Then there are those who want to be first on the block like myself. But the continued delays in allocation makes me suspect that there are issues with car particularly for the US market. Call me a cautious wuss.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:53 PM
frayed
Race Car

Stop the drama queening, there are a dozen or so on this board who have that market already cornered.

Perhaps there are issues, but it seems silly to pull off the list before you know the source of the problem, if there is one. Occam's Razor: go with the fewest assumptions. I would guess that the US production cars have not been scheduled definitively into the line, delaying allocations.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:13 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

No drama queening just facts. It appears you are getting anxious as well but in your case it is understandable because of European delivery. Hopefully it pans out for you.

FWIW, there is a method to my madness.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:34 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

I don't need to be first on the block; when the car gets here it gets here although I am "anxious" to get a chance to own and drive one so in that sense I hope it's sooner rather than later. For the same reasons, I'm not concerned about allocations either. When they happen, they happen. We're still more than 6 months away from the earliest projected US deliveries so I don't see allocations as a big issue yet, especially since the order/build process only takes 3-4 months at most.

We already know there is a delay on the front axle lift until October, but that shouldn't affect US deliveries. MT is a dead issue for now, fuggedaboutit. The only thing that might be possible is that PCNA is trying to sort the seat issue before ordering begins. JMO, of course.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:03 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Mike if you knew Porsche would be offering the sport buckets seats starting in the January 2014 production, would you wait to order? How about you Frayed?
Old 05-29-2013, 05:08 PM
frayed
Race Car

Probably.

For the street I like the regular seats better, but of course for track the buckets are the ticket. I plan to buy the buckets separately if I track more than 4x/year. I've been off the track for a while and not sure how much I will be back at this point. I think there's a point where you are there enough that the track seats are worth the tradeoffs, but that point is of course different for everyone.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:28 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

What about issues like resale and aesthetics? It is not without reason they have been showing the GT3 with the bucket seats even in the US showing. They just look better and seem to be made for the car.

I would wait. The tougher question is if they made them available in JUne 2014. If that is the case, I would stay with my early order.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:49 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Mike if you knew Porsche would be offering the sport buckets seats starting in the January 2014 production, would you wait to order? How about you Frayed?
Yeah Nick, I probably would. Waiting a couple of months extra wouldn't matter to me. I'm also turning over the idea in my head of getting the standard seats if that's the only choice and trying to work out something with the dealership where I could buy the buckets at their cost when they become available down the road. But I think frayed has a good point about the utility of buckets versus the regular seats so I'm still mulling the whole thing over.

Hard to say about resale. I've heard that dealers have trouble moving cars with the sport buckets which is why they are rare in normal Carreras. But then GT3 buyers in general are a different clientel.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:20 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Yeah Nick, I probably would. Waiting a couple of months extra wouldn't matter to me. I'm also turning over the idea in my head of getting the standard seats if that's the only choice and trying to work out something with the dealership where I could buy the buckets at their cost when they become available down the road. But I think frayed has a good point about the utility of buckets versus the regular seats so I'm still mulling the whole thing over.

Hard to say about resale. I've heard that dealers have trouble moving cars with the sport buckets which is why they are rare in normal Carreras. But then GT3 buyers in general are a different clientel.
I know for certain I will not get the adaptive sport seats which are available. I will be the only driver and don't need an 18 way electric seat costing close to $6000. I figured I would save the additional $2000 and option it elsewhere.

I also agree that sport bucket seats are very difficult for resale except in cars like the GT3 which is basically a road race car. I think they are a must for a car like the GT3 but I am not willing to wait a year to get them. A deal with the dealer is an excellent suggestion should I want them later.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:14 PM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
Wouldn't they just bump everyone up a notch? I bet their wait list is longer than the allocations they will receive.
I agree, but it sounds like there are not many in line for allocations.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:21 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 152 Posts

If you are going to mostly drive the car on the street the sport seats are a pain.

Quick Reply: GT3 Allocation Available at Porsche of Monterey