Sponsored by:

My new GT3

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 05:58 PM
P_collector
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael246
Yes. After some more thought car will most likely be agate gray or sapphire blue. Tried very hard for the riviera, but have given up at this point. Also, have decided as I want track this car, I am droppibg the PCCB's and making interior carbon instead of painted. Price is now 156 k.
OK..but if you dont like the colour dont blame it on me afterwards

PCCB: yes, correct decision, but personally I would have odered PCCB (I have it on my GT3 and GT2) and then change it to steel conversion (probably 991 CUP brakes?). In that case you can put the steel ones for track and once its "retired" from track put back the PCCBs. For me the PCCBs are better - both on track and street - but I dont wanna pay 17k for replacement.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:06 PM
Michael246
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nick
Does your dealer have his allocations? Requiring you to spec it before the end of the week seems to imply he does. That would be a surprise to many of us who are number one or two on our dealer list and we have not heard anything.

BTW, if you have 6 racing cars why another? The 991TTS may be something you would want to consider.
Originally Posted by Porsche.collector
OK..but if you dont like the colour dont blame it on me afterwards

PCCB: yes, correct decision, but personally I would have odered PCCB (I have it on my GT3 and GT2) and then change it to steel conversion (probably 991 CUP brakes?). In that case you can put the steel ones for track and once its "retired" from track put back the PCCBs. For me the PCCBs are better - both on track and street - but I dont wanna pay 17k for replacement.
So if I want to use this as a high performance street car, and do not care at all about the extra cost, do you think I should go with the PCCB's? Thanks.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:11 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

So if I want to use this as a high performance street car, and do not care at all about the extra cost, do you think I should go with the PCCB's? Thanks.
Yes, make it speed yellow with black wheels
Yellow stitching inside.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:13 PM
Michael246
Instructor

Trakcar - one speed yellow gt3 is enough
Old 05-28-2013, 06:14 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

Also, don't know where you got the number 6..... I have 15! Jk
Sorry, I have no idea where I got the 6 from. I also forgot you are part of the 918 program so that would explain why they want it spec sooner. But fear not, you will be able to change your order for at least a couple of more months.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:16 PM
Michael246
Instructor

Here is part of the email I received last week from my dealer: If you are going to get a GT3, we need to figure out colors and options. Then Porsche will give us an allocation for order. The car will come out in November but not exactly sure on timing for you. I assume you would get a car before Christmas time but will find out.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:22 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

Here is part of the email I received last week from my dealer: If you are going to get a GT3, we need to figure out colors and options. Then Porsche will give us an allocation for order. The car will come out in November but not exactly sure on timing for you. I assume you would get a car before Christmas time but will find out.
If US production begins in October as is rumored, those time parameters are probably accurate.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:19 AM
Michael246
Instructor

Just decided to cancel my order. I have two cars about to come, so buying the GT3, to shorten the wait for the RS has become pointless now. It is an awesome car. I went in one and if you are considering buying one, DO IT!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:02 AM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...I went in one and if you are considering buying one, DO IT!
Can you elaborate on your impressions of the GT3...

Old 05-29-2013, 12:13 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Not knowing how you will use the car and where your priorities lie makes it difficult for me to comment.
On my own 991 GT3 build order, I added the 6 Disc Changer - not for adding to my music choices since with the media interface I will plug a 16 GB Flash Drive into the USB outlet in the glove box as I now do on my 991 C2S and Panamera and have weeks of music available. I do enjoy listening to Audio Book CD's on the long drives to far-off tracks where I instruct. The new Porsche 6 CD changers are no longer separate units but built into my Porsches (and Mercedes) Instrument panels and add little weight to the GT3's build. You might want to consider that addition. BTW, Do you know the delivery date on either your GT3 or your 918? Congratulations of both your new cars. Enjoy them in good health!

Quick Reply: My new GT3