Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Faster on track GT3 or TT?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 01:54 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personal insult? Where? There is none. I told a guy who didn't know what he was talking about, that he didn't know what he was talking about.

While you sure then insinuate someone is a jerk........

Are you serious?
Old 05-23-2013, 02:05 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow... this thread took a dive with a lot of cool-aid drinkers.

Now we have the cool-aid drinkers talking about feel. While in other threads they talk about going faster, is what matters. LOL this thread is comical. People on the internet are funny.

I have a friend whom fits the bill, of, the new to be, typical GT3 991 owner. We already setup a race against my Mini , down our local mountain road at night. Lets see if he can catchup. . I blew by him when he drove a 996 GT3 . By blew, I mean, we were not even in the same planet.

p.s. my mini is 110% stock. Down to the tires.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:07 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
Personal insult? Where? There is none. I told a guy who didn't know what he was talking about, that he didn't know what he was talking about.

While you sure then insinuate someone is a jerk........

Are you serious?
You didn't just tell someone they didn't know what they were talking about, you indicated that "we" all know it (which we all don't) and did it in a way that several here obviously felt was insulting, based on their comments and replies.

BTW, I didn't insinuate you or anyone else in particular was a jerk; I said Macca was able to post his thoughts without being one. If we're all going to start taking every generalization personally, then maybe we should stop using terms like poseur and kool-aid drinker; it might hurt someone's feelings!
Old 05-23-2013, 05:35 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
You didn't just tell someone they didn't know what they were talking about, you indicated that "we" all know it (which we all don't) and did it in a way that several here obviously felt was insulting, based on their comments and replies.

BTW, I didn't insinuate you or anyone else in particular was a jerk; I said Macca was able to post his thoughts without being one. If we're all going to start taking every generalization personally, then maybe we should stop using terms like poseur and kool-aid drinker; it might hurt someone's feelings!
Oh you mean the same guy who said there was no need in having an intelligent conversation because others didn't agree with his point and had solid reasoning why?

Or the one talking about bringing a knife to a gunfight.

Or the guy who questioned ones driving skills because of the car they bought, in spite of not knowing anything about the car or driver or how fast it was.

Oh and calling people luddites isn't going to get on anyone's nerves or anything.

Mike............ please.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:01 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

anyone know who's winning?
Old 05-23-2013, 06:12 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by wanna911
Oh you mean the same guy who said there was no need in having an intelligent conversation because others didn't agree with his point and had solid reasoning why?

Or the one talking about bringing a knife to a gunfight.

Or the guy who questioned ones driving skills because of the car they bought, in spite of not knowing anything about the car or driver or how fast it was.

Oh and calling people luddites isn't going to get on anyone's nerves or anything.

Mike............ please.
Look wanna911, I don't want to make a big thing about this. Macca is a good guy and a friend and I thought you went over the line with your comment. But although I don't know you as well, and despite our frequent disagreements, I think you're a good guy too for whatever that's worth to you coming from me.

Nobody likes being called a know-nothing, or luddite, or kool-aid drinker, or what-have-you so everyone's probably guilty of being a smart-*** from time to time, and a little consideration wouldn't hurt. Personally, I'll try to do better. OTOH, I'm not naive enough to think a show-others-respect-on-the-internet campaign has much chance of succeeding.

No hard feelings, AFAIC.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:51 PM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dev
anyone know who's winning?
At the end of the first quarter, the score is as follows. It is a low scoring, defensive struggle, with a bunch of technical fouls for dirty play. Luckily, no one has been ejected, but we have three more quarters to go.

Guys who love the 991 GT3 even though they have never driven it: 16

Guys who hate the 991 GT3 even though they have never driven it: 16
Old 05-23-2013, 10:21 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MM3.9GT3
At the end of the first quarter, the score is as follows. It is a low scoring, defensive struggle, with a bunch of technical fouls for dirty play. Luckily, no one has been ejected, but we have three more quarters to go.

Guys who love the 991 GT3 even though they have never driven it: 16

Guys who hate the 991 GT3 even though they have never driven it: 16
love a close game, very exciting...

Last edited by 911dev; 05-23-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:09 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

My thread back on topic.
Tire for tire what's faster, never mind what feels better, makes you look like a wimp, is boring, will brake or feel like crap in your hands.

Both will be more fun and slower than a GTR LOL, both will be faster than a 4.0....
Old 05-23-2013, 11:21 PM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

For DE Cup drivers, taking consistency of lap times into account, the TT will be faster. The GT3's best lap may be slightly faster, but in a 30 minute or an hour session, the TT will prevail.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:42 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

For DE Cup drivers, taking consistency of lap times into account, the TT will be faster. The GT3's best lap may be slightly faster, but in a 30 minute or an hour session, the TT will prevail.
Interesting. Why do you think that will be the case?
Old 05-23-2013, 11:44 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
Wow... this thread took a dive with a lot of cool-aid drinkers.

Now we have the cool-aid drinkers talking about feel. While in other threads they talk about going faster, is what matters. LOL this thread is comical. People on the internet are funny.

I have a friend whom fits the bill, of, the new to be, typical GT3 991 owner. We already setup a race against my Mini , down our local mountain road at night. Lets see if he can catchup. . I blew by him when he drove a 996 GT3 . By blew, I mean, we were not even in the same planet.

p.s. my mini is 110% stock. Down to the tires.
Damn.

You are awesome.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:05 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

tire for tire the tt will prevail in short sessions. that I can believe. Long endurance I am not sure about. HP tracks high flowing speeds with long straights and very little braking zone the tt got a major advantage.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:45 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Did someone mentioned Mini's?

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
I have a friend whom fits the bill, of, the new to be, typical GT3 991 owner. We already setup a race against my Mini , down our local mountain road at night. Lets see if he can catchup. . I blew by him when he drove a 996 GT3 . By blew, I mean, we were not even in the same planet. p.s. my mini is 110% stock. Down to the tires.
Damn, I love Mini's! Although I tossed the hard run-flats out even before I took delivery!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Attached Images  
Old 05-26-2013, 12:20 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
My thread back on topic.
Tire for tire what's faster, never mind what feels better, makes you look like a wimp, is boring, will brake or feel like crap in your hands.

Both will be more fun and slower than a GTR LOL, both will be faster than a 4.0....
With the 997 gt3 vs Turbo tire for tire driver for driver....although in DE world that rarely happens....this is highly track dependent.

Quick Reply: Faster on track GT3 or TT?