Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   Faster on track GT3 or TT? (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/756517-faster-on-track-gt3-or-tt.html)

wanna911 05-23-2013 01:54 PM

Personal insult? Where? There is none. I told a guy who didn't know what he was talking about, that he didn't know what he was talking about.

While you sure then insinuate someone is a jerk........

Are you serious?

F1CrazyDriver 05-23-2013 02:05 PM

Wow... this thread took a dive with a lot of cool-aid drinkers.

Now we have the cool-aid drinkers talking about feel. While in other threads they talk about going faster, is what matters. LOL this thread is comical. People on the internet are funny.

I have a friend whom fits the bill, of, the new to be, typical GT3 991 owner. We already setup a race against my Mini :) , down our local mountain road at night. Lets see if he can catchup. :cheers: . I blew by him when he drove a 996 GT3 . :rockon: By blew, I mean, we were not even in the same planet.

p.s. my mini is 110% stock. Down to the tires.

Mike in CA 05-23-2013 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by wanna911 (Post 10485142)
Personal insult? Where? There is none. I told a guy who didn't know what he was talking about, that he didn't know what he was talking about.

While you sure then insinuate someone is a jerk........

Are you serious?

You didn't just tell someone they didn't know what they were talking about, you indicated that "we" all know it (which we all don't) and did it in a way that several here obviously felt was insulting, based on their comments and replies.

BTW, I didn't insinuate you or anyone else in particular was a jerk; I said Macca was able to post his thoughts without being one. If we're all going to start taking every generalization personally, then maybe we should stop using terms like poseur and kool-aid drinker; it might hurt someone's feelings!

wanna911 05-23-2013 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mike in CA (Post 10485181)
You didn't just tell someone they didn't know what they were talking about, you indicated that "we" all know it (which we all don't) and did it in a way that several here obviously felt was insulting, based on their comments and replies.

BTW, I didn't insinuate you or anyone else in particular was a jerk; I said Macca was able to post his thoughts without being one. If we're all going to start taking every generalization personally, then maybe we should stop using terms like poseur and kool-aid drinker; it might hurt someone's feelings!

Oh you mean the same guy who said there was no need in having an intelligent conversation because others didn't agree with his point and had solid reasoning why?

Or the one talking about bringing a knife to a gunfight.

Or the guy who questioned ones driving skills because of the car they bought, in spite of not knowing anything about the car or driver or how fast it was.

Oh and calling people luddites isn't going to get on anyone's nerves or anything.

Mike............ please.

911dev 05-23-2013 06:01 PM

anyone know who's winning? :corn:

Mike in CA 05-23-2013 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by wanna911 (Post 10485777)
Oh you mean the same guy who said there was no need in having an intelligent conversation because others didn't agree with his point and had solid reasoning why?

Or the one talking about bringing a knife to a gunfight.

Or the guy who questioned ones driving skills because of the car they bought, in spite of not knowing anything about the car or driver or how fast it was.

Oh and calling people luddites isn't going to get on anyone's nerves or anything.

Mike............ please.

Look wanna911, I don't want to make a big thing about this. Macca is a good guy and a friend and I thought you went over the line with your comment. But although I don't know you as well, and despite our frequent disagreements, I think you're a good guy too for whatever that's worth to you coming from me.

Nobody likes being called a know-nothing, or luddite, or kool-aid drinker, or what-have-you so everyone's probably guilty of being a smart-ass from time to time, and a little consideration wouldn't hurt. Personally, I'll try to do better. OTOH, I'm not naive enough to think a show-others-respect-on-the-internet campaign has much chance of succeeding. :)

No hard feelings, AFAIC. :cheers:

MM3.9GT3 05-23-2013 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by 911dev (Post 10485822)
anyone know who's winning? :corn:

At the end of the first quarter, the score is as follows. It is a low scoring, defensive struggle, with a bunch of technical fouls for dirty play. Luckily, no one has been ejected, but we have three more quarters to go.

Guys who love the 991 GT3 even though they have never driven it: 16

Guys who hate the 991 GT3 even though they have never driven it: 16

911dev 05-23-2013 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by MM3.9GT3 (Post 10486344)
At the end of the first quarter, the score is as follows. It is a low scoring, defensive struggle, with a bunch of technical fouls for dirty play. Luckily, no one has been ejected, but we have three more quarters to go.

Guys who love the 991 GT3 even though they have never driven it: 16

Guys who hate the 991 GT3 even though they have never driven it: 16

love a close game, very exciting...

TRAKCAR 05-23-2013 11:09 PM

My thread back on topic.
Tire for tire what's faster, never mind what feels better, makes you look like a wimp, is boring, will brake or feel like crap in your hands.

Both will be more fun and slower than a GTR LOL, both will be faster than a 4.0....

MM3.9GT3 05-23-2013 11:21 PM

For DE Cup drivers, taking consistency of lap times into account, the TT will be faster. The GT3's best lap may be slightly faster, but in a 30 minute or an hour session, the TT will prevail.

Mike in CA 05-23-2013 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by MM3.9GT3 (Post 10486551)
For DE Cup drivers, taking consistency of lap times into account, the TT will be faster. The GT3's best lap may be slightly faster, but in a 30 minute or an hour session, the TT will prevail.

Interesting. Why do you think that will be the case?

frayed 05-23-2013 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver (Post 10485173)
Wow... this thread took a dive with a lot of cool-aid drinkers.

Now we have the cool-aid drinkers talking about feel. While in other threads they talk about going faster, is what matters. LOL this thread is comical. People on the internet are funny.

I have a friend whom fits the bill, of, the new to be, typical GT3 991 owner. We already setup a race against my Mini :) , down our local mountain road at night. Lets see if he can catchup. :cheers: . I blew by him when he drove a 996 GT3 . :rockon: By blew, I mean, we were not even in the same planet.

p.s. my mini is 110% stock. Down to the tires.

Damn.

You are awesome.

jumper5836 05-24-2013 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by MM3.9GT3 (Post 10486551)

tire for tire the tt will prevail in short sessions. that I can believe. Long endurance I am not sure about. HP tracks high flowing speeds with long straights and very little braking zone the tt got a major advantage.

Z356 05-24-2013 01:45 AM

Did someone mentioned Mini's?

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver (Post 10485173)
I have a friend whom fits the bill, of, the new to be, typical GT3 991 owner. We already setup a race against my Mini :) , down our local mountain road at night. Lets see if he can catchup. :cheers: . I blew by him when he drove a 996 GT3 . :rockon: By blew, I mean, we were not even in the same planet. p.s. my mini is 110% stock. Down to the tires.

Damn, I love Mini's! Although I tossed the hard run-flats out even before I took delivery!

Saludos,
Eduardo

mdrums 05-26-2013 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR (Post 10486527)
My thread back on topic.
Tire for tire what's faster, never mind what feels better, makes you look like a wimp, is boring, will brake or feel like crap in your hands.

Both will be more fun and slower than a GTR LOL, both will be faster than a 4.0....

With the 997 gt3 vs Turbo tire for tire driver for driver....although in DE world that rarely happens....this is highly track dependent.