991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

back seat in 991 gt3

Old 09-25-2014, 11:29 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Wax the underside of the wheel well?.. Don't they have child labor laws in your country?!?!

sheesh?!

Btw, what wax do you suggest for wheel wells?
Old 09-25-2014, 01:04 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowekistan
Ideally there could be a factory option for mini flappy-paddles in the back for the back passengers. To share the joy.
Lol! That's pretty good.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:04 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 151 Posts

Apparently his daughter. LOL.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:49 PM
Mantissb
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear seats

I agree completely. I have the 996 GT3 for the track and wanted a street able 911. After test driving all of the modern generation 911s, I felt that they all felt dead and numb, even for street driving. I ended up buying a 991 GT3 for the street because it was the only current 911 that had some feel to it. I had a custom baby seat mount made for my 993 turbo, and if you don't mind the carpet being ripped up, several specialty shops will weld and make whatever you need to put a kids rear seat in the car. A true track car should be light weight and have a full roll cage.

Originally Posted by lusoporsche
Isn't the 2+ 2 rear seats kind of a 911 heritage thing? And one of the advantages of the stupid engine location?

For those wishing to take the wife and kids to enjoy the car but at the same time, benefiting from the increased feel and sensations the GT3 offers over regular 911's, even at low speeds, doesn't that make sense?

I keep reading over and over again that the GT3 is a pure track weapon. No it's not. It weighs almost a ton and a half. A radical, an Ariel Atom, a Caterham, a BAC Mono, etc, examples of cars that are much more focused, hardcore, and a TON lighter.

So I consider a GT3 a road weapon that can of course be enjoyed at the track, but perfectly suited to that long road trip. With the family along (you can drop them at a nice cafe when you arrive at the Nurburgring).

Regular 911s are lovely engineered things but are a bit remote, so the appeal of the GT3 for me as always been the increased feeling and sensation you get from everything: pedal feel, steering feel, engine noise, slack free responses in the controls and in the car... And most of these you can feel at all times, not only at sonic boom speeds.

So yes, it would be nice to have (+2) rear seats in a GT3 to bring the kids along. Flame at will, I have nomex skin on the interwebs
Old 11-26-2015, 09:10 AM
alaint101
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
I'd suggest one of the 20 other 911 variants and leave the GT3 alone.
+1

OP, think about it, you want to 'share' the experience and I get that but it's about the driving, the feel, the control, etc.... None of which can be shared. If you get them into a GTS or a TTS, I bet they'll 'share' as much as they can.

Oh, and BTW, where do you put the dog? Perhaps a screened frunk cover? Pooch would have perma-wind! What a blast. Just don't hit anything...
Old 02-13-2018, 01:09 PM
Darren911
Racer

Originally Posted by jlasuncion
Shakenbake, nice to hear someone is on the same page, this new gt3 ticks a lot boxes and the rear seats option will take it to the next level. I hope its a straight retro fit.

Dont worry guys, i will also make sure that the sequential shift orientation in the back seat will be correct, push to down shift and pull to upshift. Finally, p-car 'admits' that the old tiptronic was wrong
I will be trying this ... will let you know
Old 02-13-2018, 01:30 PM
FRP||
Advanced

Might want to ask your insurance before attempting a modification like this...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: back seat in 991 gt3