Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To stir the pot a little more

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 12:56 PM
chris_berger1
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with the article. I prefer a manual for the pure enjoyment of driving. I understand the paddle shift is better for a few tenths on the track, but I am not a pro race car driver and never will be. I still can not grasp the concept that the GT3 of all cars is only available in PDK. I was going to buy a new GT3 as a retirement gift to myself for over 20 years in the Air Force, but not now. Even the new Turbo is only PDK. In my opinion Porsche has lost it's way. Porsche use to be the motoring rebel, but now they just like Ferrari, and Nissan. My loyalty and money will be looking at the Aston Martin Vantage.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:48 PM
RR
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chris_berger1
I agree with the article. I prefer a manual for the pure enjoyment of driving. I understand the paddle shift is better for a few tenths on the track, but I am not a pro race car driver and never will be. I still can not grasp the concept that the GT3 of all cars is only available in PDK. I was going to buy a new GT3 as a retirement gift to myself for over 20 years in the Air Force, but not now. Even the new Turbo is only PDK. In my opinion Porsche has lost it's way. Porsche use to be the motoring rebel, but now they just like Ferrari, and Nissan. My loyalty and money will be looking at the Aston Martin Vantage.
Good luck with Aston. There cars haven't changed for a while although they look good. Also there have been no changesin that 510 hp motor they've been pushing.

Also I would hazard to guess that although they have found a new investment group to dump more money in....it's the fact that they really haven't had the funds to build or purchase a dual clutch transmission for their cars rather than a philosophy of providing more driver involvement that has kept their cars with the manual - even though they do have a crappy auto.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:34 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

How about this for something a little more raw than the 991 GT3:
http://www.gulfcoastmotorworks.com/v...oor+coupe.html
Old 05-06-2013, 02:50 PM
triode
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon70
How about this for something a little more raw than the 991 GT3: