Sponsored by:

Back on Topic thread - Who's ordered

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 10:55 AM
Arth
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TomTom77,

let's hope we get the first two cars here even though i totally understand what you mean and have heard of that sort of behavior with dealers in this region before.

I do think the VVIP's are not really interested in the GT3 but more so on the upcoming Turbo. they are not exactly the track oriented kind, if you know what i mean. My sales consultant also confirmed that the list on the GT3 was not that big but the Turbo was up to 3 pages long already.

Lucky for me. I happen to know the GM due to porsche club UAE, so if anything starts to happen Im taking it straight to him.

all our orders for the new GT3 go through the brand manager as she is in charge of the allocations. my deposit was put down on the 4th of March with the final spec on the 14th of March. according to my sales consultant, only one person had specced there car out a couple of hours before me.

i also got a confirmation email with the order number and the confirmation of the approximate delivery date.

I actually know of a couple of people from porsche club who have ordered the GT3 so next season should be interesting at the track!

keep me updated if you hear anything new and I will do the same.

cheers.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:39 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi Arth. I mad an order inquiry via Stuttgart Zentrum the factory showroom. At this time the factory are still supposedly working through allocations and will not announce production dates until 9 May to dealers all around the world. Ive been in touch with most on this board who are ordering the GT3 from the UK, Germany to NZ and USA and everyone has been told the factory have not yet set allocations and production dates. Everyone has been told October or November or from December etc at this time. Via various contacts I discovered that they will produce some cars in July prior to teh factory closing for August holidays and change in tooling on te production line (standard model year changes, new models etc). These cars will be used in early September for the world wide press launch (probably in Europe but no exact location is known yet). In September LHD production will commence proper and I was led to believe European LHD markets (home market etc) would start to receive their cars late September. RHD production was estimated to start in mid October for delivery early November. The UK has been told to expect cars starting in November. LHD cars for USA will likely start production in early November for December delivery. Any market that requires sea transport you can add 3-6 weeks from production date to dealer delivery (for example with NZ and Australia its typically 6 weeks from production date).

Im curious as to how the UAE dealer has been given specific allocations when the factory have not yet confirmed these even to German and Swiss dealers. I have no doubt your market will recieve LHD models before any other LHD market outside of Europe but quite honestly I cant see this being before late September. They certainly wont ship cars until after the world wide press release event which usually tales place over 2-3 days and is followed by a barrage of media. If you do get yours early that would be great for the rest of us as we would all love some first hand feedback on the car...
Old 04-15-2013, 09:20 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 58 Posts

Interesting information! My understanding is US production starts in October. Also, I understand ordering the front lifter will delay production timeline.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:32 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Interesting information! My understanding is US production starts in October. Also, I understand ordering the front lifter will delay production timeline.
The German configurator indicates that the front axle lift won't be available until the 41st week which would be the 2nd week of October. But the UK and US configurators show no such date restrictions the reason being, presumably, that because US and UK cars won't begin production until October anyway, that the axle lift won't cause any issues for orders for those countries.

Maybe we'll know something definitive once allocations are announced.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:52 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

They should move the 991 GT3 section over to the regular 991 section. The discussions in this thread and others just seem more appropriate in a non-racing type of section. The 996 and 997 GT3/RS sections are so different.

The GT3 is now one of those cars and coffee cars. If they made a convertible, I'd buy it as my DD!
Old 04-15-2013, 11:09 PM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by kyrocks
They should move the 991 GT3 section over to the regular 991 section. The discussions in this thread and others just seem more appropriate in a non-racing type of section. The 996 and 997 GT3/RS sections are so different.

The GT3 is now one of those cars and coffee cars. If they made a convertible, I'd buy it as my DD!
Oh please.

There's nothing to talk about wrt track usage until they show up for public consumption.

Same with both the 996 and 997 GT3s, both of which I owned, when they were launched. The 996 and 997 GT3/RS forums are 'so different' b/c they aren't in production and the conversations are left with the drive.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:20 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by frayed
Oh please.

There's nothing to talk about wrt track usage until they show up for public consumption.

Same with both the 996 and 997 GT3s, both of which I owned, when they were launched. The 996 and 997 GT3/RS forums are 'so different' b/c they aren't in production and the conversations are left with the drive.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:54 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

I suppose those of us interested in the 991 GT3 could spend our time speculating about the potential owners, character, track capabilities, and reliability of a car that none of us has driven or even seen yet, but that would be silly. IMO, for now, it makes more sense to discuss things in general terms, and let others draw conclusions about a car that hasn't been produced yet!

Last edited by Mike in CA; 04-16-2013 at 01:45 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-16-2013, 12:34 AM
zweebach
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

A convertible GT3/RS would be the perfect DD. Porsche should take the Formula Ferrari used for the F430 16M. Those are highly sought after and hold their value well - additional nice attributes for cars in this price bracket.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:41 AM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by zweebach
A convertible GT3/RS would be the perfect DD. Porsche should take the Formula Ferrari used for the F430 16M. Those are highly sought after and hold their value well - additional nice attributes for cars in this price bracket.
I cannot agree with you more.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:51 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by roberga
white,PCCB,leather with red sticking and phone. can not imagine I will get one of the dealers allocations. I have only purchased 1 C2,2 GT3, Panorama 4S, and Cayenne Turbo from them over the years.
certainly not with carlsen porsche in CA
Old 04-16-2013, 01:52 AM
TomTom77
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Macca
Hi Arth. I mad an order inquiry via Stuttgart Zentrum the factory showroom. At this time the factory are still supposedly working through allocations and will not announce production dates until 9 May to dealers all around the world. Ive been in touch with most on this board who are ordering the GT3 from the UK, Germany to NZ and USA and everyone has been told the factory have not yet set allocations and production dates. Everyone has been told October or November or from December etc at this time. Via various contacts I discovered that they will produce some cars in July prior to teh factory closing for August holidays and change in tooling on te production line (standard model year changes, new models etc). These cars will be used in early September for the world wide press launch (probably in Europe but no exact location is known yet). In September LHD production will commence proper and I was led to believe European LHD markets (home market etc) would start to receive their cars late September. RHD production was estimated to start in mid October for delivery early November. The UK has been told to expect cars starting in November. LHD cars for USA will likely start production in early November for December delivery. Any market that requires sea transport you can add 3-6 weeks from production date to dealer delivery (for example with NZ and Australia its typically 6 weeks from production date).

Im curious as to how the UAE dealer has been given specific allocations when the factory have not yet confirmed these even to German and Swiss dealers. I have no doubt your market will recieve LHD models before any other LHD market outside of Europe but quite honestly I cant see this being before late September. They certainly wont ship cars until after the world wide press release event which usually tales place over 2-3 days and is followed by a barrage of media. If you do get yours early that would be great for the rest of us as we would all love some first hand feedback on the car...
Hmmm, that's both interesting and weird.

It's clear that Arth and I got identical information from the (same) dealer, even with a official confirmation email afterwards: "I am delighted to confirm we have now ordered the car for you to your personal specification and it has been allocated a July production slot. Assuming there are no delays at the time of production we expect the car to arrive into the UAE port sometime August / September 2013. Please note this timescale can be liable to change but we will of course keep you informed."

Then again, nothing will surprise me anymore, since I've been 'bitten' before. Porsche Dubai is still the largest dealer in the world in terms of numbers, yet after reading your information, I don't see why they would be only one WITH an allocation...

Let's see how it all develops...
Tom.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:53 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

mike in CA, the alcantar str wheel doesn't wear well at all.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:11 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by mooty
mike in CA, the alcantar str wheel doesn't wear well at all.
Thanks, mooty.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:39 AM
Arth
Racer

Hi Macca,

you information seems very sound and to be honest i have no logical information to show otherwise. I have been following up with my dealer on a weekly basis and so far they have not changed there information towards me.

As TomTomm77 has stated above, the email sent to us from our dealer does say expected delivery to be August/ September. I guess we will have to just accept that the first batch will be arriving at the end of september.

I am sure that we will recieve the first bacth of LHD cars in the world( excluding germany) as this dealer is the biggest porsche dealer in the world and they have a lot of pull with porsche.

I guess all we can do is wait and see. I am in constant contact with the dealer here and If anything changes will keep you informed.

cheers Arth

Quick Reply: Back on Topic thread - Who's ordered