Old 04-14-2013, 04:47 PM
Dan39
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hothonda
Smoking package gets you another power point + cover for the opening

/IMG][/URL]
Great post, thx.

Have you seen the PDLS black on a white car? Subjective, but does it look strange? That's why I was thinking of going the intermediate step.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:09 PM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan39
Great post, thx.

Have you seen the PDLS black on a white car? Subjective, but does it look strange? That's why I was thinking of going the intermediate step.
Here is one..too much mascara on a white car IMO

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...ml#post3751472
Old 04-14-2013, 05:13 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 62 Posts

The configurator lists the sport steering wheel and the information box indicates that this option provides paddles for manual shifting with PDK. I read this to mean that if you do not check this option you may get buttons. Otherwise why list this option?

I will consider your other recommendations. BTW, you are not getting the lifter option? My understanding is those that have the lifter option with their 997.2GT3 still end up replacing the rubber lip. The front end scrapes with or without the lifter just not as often. My reasoning for now is so why pay and addition $3500 if you're going to scrape and replace the rubber under piece whether you have it or not?
Old 04-14-2013, 05:22 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
The configurator lists the sport steering wheel and the information box indicates that this option provides paddles for manual shifting with PDK. I read this to mean that if you do not check this option you may get buttons. Otherwise why list this option?

I will consider your other recommendations. BTW, you are not getting the lifter option? My understanding is those that have the lifter option with their 997.2GT3 still end up replacing the rubber lip. The front end scrapes with or without the lifter just not as often. My reasoning for now is so why pay and addition $3500 if you're going to scrape and replace the rubber under piece whether you have it or not?
i say skip. had a .2 3 never missed it. $3500 no way. 7k miles i never even replaced the front lip.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:24 PM
frayed
Race Car

Nick I'm pretty sure it's a mistake. There are other mistakes on the configurator. Talk to your dealer in the morning, although it's academic at this point since nobody can actually place an order today. Notice that the sport design steering wheel shows up as a not cost option, vs. a cost option for the regular cars.

Every car shown by PAG so far had paddles, and Andreas P talks specifically about them in his interview with Evo.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:33 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

I will follow up on this. You're right doesn't make sense.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:43 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,146 Likes on 566 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan39
Great post, thx.

Looks like a panda to me. I'd skip on a white car. Maybe on other colors...
Old 04-14-2013, 09:27 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911dev
i say skip. had a .2 3 never missed it. $3500 no way. 7k miles i never even replaced the front lip.
My 997.2TT rode low with some scrapes but never had to replace the front lip.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:31 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 261 Posts

If you live in a flat city, then save your bucks. Where I live, it's a must and that's not even considering my driveway where you'd have no chance of entering without major damage.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:37 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Flappy paddles appear to be standard as is Alcantara steering wheel and BT. I went zero cost leather wheel on my recently sold .2. Not so sure Alcantara hold up well without gloves. Maybe others can chime in. I would like to stick with Alcantara this time.

Really struggling with ***. They add about 58 lbs. =/- iircc. Geez we could skip the *** and heat and pay for half of those big 410mm PCCBs up front!
I'm also concerned about how well the alcantera will hold up on the wheel. I'm assuming that the $0 option for the sport design wheel shown on the configurator might be for the leather rimmed wheel since it's in the "Leather" section, but it could just be an error.

And I'm conflicted about the *** too. Don't know if this helps but I searched RL and found the weights of the the regular sport seats + and the adaptive seats. The former are 97 lbs and the latter 128lbs (both seats). If these numbers are correct, the delta is about half of the 58 pounds you mention. At 78 lbs the GT2 buckets are the lightest, and of course, currently unobtainable.

Originally Posted by Nick

I'm sure frayed is correct, the car will come standard with paddles; I doubt you can even get a button wheel. Either the listing for the sport wheel is a mistake, or it refers to a leather rimmed option.

I think the front axle lift is a situational thing. I scrape the front wheel fairings on my sport chassis C2S on my own steep driveway. I probably wouldn't make it at all in the even lower GT3 with a deep spoiler. I need the axle lift, but depending where you drive, you might be able to get along without it.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:02 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

white,PCCB,leather with red sticking and phone. can not imagine I will get one of the dealers allocations. I have only purchased 1 C2,2 GT3, Panorama 4S, and Cayenne Turbo from them over the years.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:15 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by roberga
white,PCCB,leather with red sticking and phone. can not imagine I will get one of the dealers allocations. I have only purchased 1 C2,2 GT3, Panorama 4S, and Cayenne Turbo from them over the years.
Obviously not entitled to get an allocation.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:54 AM
Arth
Racer

Here's Mine. Located in Dubai

Description
911 GT3

Exterior Colour
White
Black leather interior, seats leather/Alcantara in conjunction w. option contrast seams in Red
Full LED headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS +)
90l-Fuel tank

Transmission / Chassis
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)

Wheels
20-inch GT3 wheel

Interior
Seat belts in Guards Red
Floor mats
Smoking package
6-point belt passengers side
Club sports package
Sports Bucket Seats

Interior Leather
Decorative seams leather interior package in Red

Audio / Comm.
Chrono Package code number 640
Sound Package Plus
Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including navigation module with universal audio interface

Supposedly one of the first two cars in Dubai to arrive in August/september. July build.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:25 AM
TomTom77
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Arth,

You and I have been given the same information from Porsche Dubai, so that'll become interesting. Either you and I split the first batch of 2 cars or, in typical Middle Eastern fashion, they won't honor their commitment and give one (or even two) to 'VVIP' clients who probably by this time wouldn't even have ordered, let alone, down-paid yet.

The same thing happened to me after being the first customer to have booked and down-paid the RS 4.0 2 years ago.

For your information: I ordered my GT3 with the Brand Manager on 6 March and made the down-payment on 11 March, since I was traveling prior to that.

Ah well, the 'perks' of being in the Middle East... we'll get it once, 'insh'allah',
Tom.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:50 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dasams
Obviously not entitled to get an allocation.
In Seattle there are guys that buy a new one once or twice a year. God bless America for those talented tech guys who took a chance on stock options.

Quick Reply: Back on Topic thread - Who's ordered