Sponsored by:

My GT3 Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,423 Likes on 2,237 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan39
Ahhh now you've got me thinking... I thought I had it all figured out!
factory tour, museum tour, then take your shiny new GT3 onto the autobahn and drive it a 185mph ... break it in ... take it to the ring, spa, hockenheim etc

I did it with my 7.1 car back on 07 ... what a blast drove to Paris, went to see the 24hr race @ Le Mans ... drove to the south of france then along the riviera back through italy and switzerland ... then to the ring ...

simply the only way to take delivery ... and now you dont even pay extra the dealer pays and they get an additional car allocation as a result ... everyone wins
Old 04-05-2013, 05:10 PM
mike2727
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
factory tour, museum tour, then take your shiny new GT3 onto the autobahn and drive it a 185mph ... break it in ... take it to the ring, spa, hockenheim etc

I did it with my 7.1 car back on 07 ... what a blast drove to Paris, went to see the 24hr race @ Le Mans ... drove to the south of france then along the riviera back through italy and switzerland ... then to the ring ...

simply the only way to take delivery ... and now you dont even pay extra the dealer pays and they get an additional car allocation as a result ... everyone wins
185mph, looks to me that is outside the break-in rpm range LOL
Would be careful, if they keep track of it you might get warranty issues ?
Old 04-26-2013, 06:58 PM
toplabels
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tell me how you did it because my dealer turned me down today because basically cant give me a time frame for delivery......
Old 04-26-2013, 07:44 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by toplabels
Tell me how you did it because my dealer turned me down today because basically cant give me a time frame for delivery......
Dealers all over the US have been taking deposits to establish waiting lists. I've had a deposit down since March 2012. Nobody knows exactly when deliveries will begin, but it's widely speculated that dealers here will be receiving allocations shortly, ordering will commence, and deliveries will likely start in Nov/Dec. From all the info people have received this seems pretty solid.

I suspect your particular dealer a) already has a full waiting list, b) wants to spec their allocations themselves for showroom markup and sale, or c) is being incredibly **** about the delivery time frame issue.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:45 PM
Dan39
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by toplabels
Why are you so fussed over when it gets delivered? Order the car and it will come when it's built. They want your money and they only take the full amount when they start production I believe. It's your second or third or fourth car anyway - who cares?
Old 04-27-2013, 04:07 PM
RyanPerrella
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan39
This is how I've ordered my car for delivery in Toronto in January. Let me know if you see anything I've missed or don't need.

911 GT3

Exterior Colour White - Thought about black and agate but just too boring. Red too flashy...

Interior - Even though I like the fabric and other posters note it has good durability and cleans well, I didn't get the added Alcantara because the standard trim already has quite a bit of it. The red stitching is nice but too expensive for what it is ($3700 with the Alcantara)

Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) - Just for looks in my mind (is this actually useful?), was thinking the PDLS black option but that might be a bit too much on a white car so this is a compromise

Lifting system front axle - This is my first one and I've seen a lot of complaints about these cars, don't want something I can't drive around town

Seat belts in Guards Red

Seat heating (front) - I drive my sportscars with the windows open even during most of the winter (in Canada) for the added noise...

Sport Seats Plus
Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
Mobile phone preparation
Sound Package Plus

Sport Chrono Package - seems like an incredible bargain at $460 for all of the following

Dynamic Engine Mounts
Analog and digital stopwatch
Performance display in Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
SPORT PLUS button
Launch Control (PDK)
Additional steering wheel display (PDK)
for SPORT and SPORT PLUS mode as well as Launch control activation

Total Price* $157,205

Thoughts anyone?
Axle lift likely won't be available for initial launch and might not be available for 6-12 months.

I think the lift is great, it does help get into and out of driveways but I have had the occasional fault with the system too, typically the contact switches that tell the car when it's raised and lowered can fault and deactivate the system. No problem with a warranty claim on that however.

Ryan
Beverly Hills Porsche
Old 04-27-2013, 04:40 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by RyanPerrella
Axle lift likely won't be available for initial launch and might not be available for 6-12 months.

I think the lift is great, it does help get into and out of driveways but I have had the occasional fault with the system too, typically the contact switches that tell the car when it's raised and lowered can fault and deactivate the system. No problem with a warranty claim on that however.

Ryan
Beverly Hills Porsche
The German configurator has a note saying front axle lift will be available after week 41 which is the second week of October. UK and US configurators do not have the same note, presumably because production for those countries won't begin until after October anyway.

If you don't mind sharing, do you have something specific which suggests FAL will be delayed 6-12 months, or beyond October?
Old 04-28-2013, 05:59 AM
Bill_C4S
Burning Brakes

Submitted initial configuration for a confirmed Nov build slot (UK...yes we're not talking US here...RHD) this past Thursday, inclusive Front Axle Lift (FAL)

The FAL went through without a glitch....
Old 04-28-2013, 06:02 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by Bill_C4S
Submitted initial configuration for a confirmed Nov build slot (UK...yes we're not talking US here...RHD) this past Thursday, inclusive Front Axle Lift (FAL)

The FAL went through without a glitch....
That's postive feedback. From the beginning it's seemed the UK would be on a similar or even earlier build schedule compared to the US so your info bodes well for availability of FAL for the States. Thanks, Bill.....
Old 05-01-2013, 12:02 PM
toplabels
Instructor

Dan my problem is that they dont want to take my money or trade. According to them i am high on the list and they said they would contact me in august maybe. I would have thought that a deposit of some sort would be required which in my view would make me feel like I am on an actual waiting list.........

Quick Reply: My GT3 Build