Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 02:56 AM
crispenigl
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mooty
detlev is either flat out lying or he drives flat out if u know what I mean

non of the gt3 can be driven on track 24 hours then hone then office
he forgot the maintenance those cars needs.
I have no issues paying fir maintenance. in fact I time out my cars each trk
season not just parts. .
i laughed when i saw that and then again when i read ur post because ur 100% right

there is 0 chance that gt3 or ANY car could go 24 hours, because none of them do. they stop during the race and get entire brake systems replaced.

clueless guy who got the job because he knows someone.

and i love how porsche claims this is a track car and then when u track it and have an unexpected problem they will not help you out...
Old 03-31-2013, 09:04 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by mooty
o come on savvy, this is informativE video
i for one did not know the GT3 script on rear deck is now flat blk. DID YOU?
surely it's faster

I was going to pass on my allocation, now seeing its flat blk logo, I plan to get two.
Dang, flat black? I missed that, yeah that changes everything.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:38 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Nice suits

I was reduced to tears of laughter when he's being asked for acceleration figures and he's quoting rpms... Wtf?

And to say they listened to purists and offered pdk? Wtf with that? Did he mean the cars and coffee purists and was he asking about their preferred blend of coffee? No use listening to the purists with ur Bose noise cancelling headphones on dumbass!

Gt3 will now represent 10% of 911 sales and people are scrambling to get in line? Why? They ain't limited... They will be a dime a dozen...

And to claim it will run on a track for 24 hours and then drive home? At what speeds exactly? Race or at 40mph? I'm very convinced when the suit claims this yet every 991 race car remains mezger based, haha, great joke...

If they go to the trouble of entering one in the NBR enduro, we should set up betting on what hour it will terminally fail. I bet there will be very few takers on $$$ bets beyond 6 hours...

Last edited by 911rox; 03-31-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:04 AM
StirlingMoss
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

It is humorous that the people slagging off the new 991 GT3 as a marketing exercise all use terms and statement from pervious generations marketing exercises. How close was actually the link between the 997 GT3 and the motorsport cars? Who told you that? The same people that now tell you the 991 GT3 is the best thing since sliced bread.

Did anyone dissemble a 996 or 997 GT3 Mezger engine and compare it to a Cup car? How many components are actually shared except for the name? Transmission? Suspension? Etc, etc, etc.

In all seriousness? I am not trying to be sarcastic or cynical (unlike some members who posted before).
Old 03-31-2013, 10:20 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

SM, since you ask and I do speak for the car I own. I have studied parts catalogs etc when torquing suspension etc on my car. Cross members, fasteners and most key components are the same. Street car gets more rubber bushings to make it more streetable. Gearbox same as 996 cup car, allows for gear ratio changes. The 997 gearbox has the same casing but modified internals as its in sequential format. Engine again shares most key components with race car. Sure they add variocam to the street car but if you want to bore yourself for hours, catalogs are downloadable or accessible on the net and yes, much of what is on the cup car is on the street car in terms of actual part numbers... They can be compared part for part if onehas the time to identify similarities and differences...

I use a cup car manual to spanner check my GT3 per the service techs. Hope that goes part way towards answering your question
Old 03-31-2013, 11:30 AM
blake
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Stirling- What is your personal experience with the GT3 lineage? How about a list of Porsches that you have owned and tracked?

Thx
Old 03-31-2013, 11:56 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by blake
Stirling- What is your personal experience with the GT3 lineage? How about a list of Porsches that you have owned and tracked?

Thx
Funny you mention that blake because just the other day I was thinking in more jaundiced terms about the whole "StirlingMoss" persona. Many of us long-time posters have done business together, met each other in person, on track, and have had communication off the forums on a regular basis. And we have owned a variety of Porsche GT cars. And many of us have actually hands-on worked on them. Bottom line: forum voices associated known, experienced people.

Many of us also know how infested other forums are with either no-experience fanboys and/or Porsche associated lackeys. How do any of us know who StirlingMoss is? Guerrilla marketing is surely something The Great Porsche Marketing Machine engages in. Let me be crystal clear- I am not accusing StirlingMoss of anything, because I know nothing about what the facts are about him/her/them. But I am saying what a lot of people have been thinking for a while.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:05 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

I'm walking into the New York Auto Show as I'm typing this...
Let's see if I'll find anybody from Porsche to talk about issues we're all concerned about,unlike the comedy video that has been posted in this thread.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:10 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Oh come on now. Stirling is okay and he doesn't have to answer to any of your questions Mr. 007. In fact I just checked his IP address and it came back clean.

He is located at Somethingstraße 15 -19 in Ludwigsburg.

Like I said, clean.

Best,
Old 03-31-2013, 12:45 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Ok,I just spoke to one of their reps who told me the sport buckets can be ordered through Porsche Exclusive! Upon insisting that I'm unaware of this and it can not be done from their website,she told me that I'm arguing for no reason and can be done 100%! She even gave me Melissa's email and I'll post it if it's ok...
I even mentioned that I thought they're not approved in the US yet,but seemed unfazed by my statement...
In the meantime....

Last edited by neanicu; 08-31-2016 at 08:59 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:50 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
In fact I just checked his IP address and it came back clean. He is located at Somethingstraße 15 -19 in Ludwigsburg. Like I said, clean. Best,
According to my sources, that is the same address in Ludwigsburg where these logos were once made! Rumor persists that production is ramping up again on these catchy logos, but with different model numbers! In flat black, of course!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Attached Images  
Old 03-31-2013, 12:58 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
According to my sources, that is the same address in Ludwigsburg where these logos were once made! Rumor persists that production is ramping up again on these catchy logos, but with different model numbers! In flat black, of course!

Saludos,
Eduardo

That's pretty funny.

If Sterling Moss and a few others of the Alamo weren't here, it would just be an uninteresting circle jerk of haterz.

Looks like sport buckets maybe back on the menu, that's a nice Easter egg.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:16 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

neanicu, thanks for the pics. Pry one of those CL dust caps off and snap a quick one.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:06 PM
StirlingMoss
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Please tell me I am dreaming, please tell me I am dreaming…

I blew coffee through my nose when reading those posts. You guys are hilarious. No really, I mean it.

Originally Posted by blake

Thx
I have driven the GT3 on the XBOX. Many long nights. Does this count? I always drive in auto mode, I think this resembles PDK shifting very well just like the 991 GT3.

An ownership list, for you my friend:
987.1 Boxster S
997.1 Carrera S
997.1 Carrera 4S
997.1 Turbo
997.2 Carrera S (current car)

Is is ok with only the Porsches? Or do you want the other brands as well? Shall I post photos of them so you know I really owned them?

Maybe I should add that they were/are all with manual transmissions. This seem to be important here, if one is to be taken seriously.

Had it not been for the depreciation hit on the current 997.2 Carrera S it would have been replaced by a 997.2 3.8 GT3 RS last summer. Still got my eyes on a 3.8, or even a 4.0 which tops the list.

Originally Posted by savyboy
Funny you mention that blake because just the other day I was thinking in more jaundiced terms about the whole "StirlingMoss" persona. Many of us long-time posters have done business together, met each other in person, on track, and have had communication off the forums on a regular basis. And we have owned a variety of Porsche GT cars. And many of us have actually hands-on worked on them. Bottom line: forum voices associated known, experienced people.

Many of us also know how infested other forums are with either no-experience fanboys and/or Porsche associated lackeys. How do any of us know who StirlingMoss is? Guerrilla marketing is surely something The Great Porsche Marketing Machine engages in. Let me be crystal clear- I am not accusing StirlingMoss of anything, because I know nothing about what the facts are about him/her/them. But I am saying what a lot of people have been thinking for a while.

Yes, who is Stirling Moss? Let me tell you dear Savvy. This is your mom. Now go wash your hands and come to dinner.

Oh come on now. Stirling is okay and he doesn't have to answer to any of your questions Mr. 007. In fact I just checked his IP address and it came back clean.

Like I said, clean.

Best,
Scheisse! Walter did not trust the IP we set up for the virtual private network, but Andreas insisted it was secure. After all, it was programmed by the same geniuses who did the rear wheel steering. Well, busted.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:09 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Like I said, clean.

Best,

Originally Posted by neanicu
Ok,I just spoke to one of their reps who told me the sport buckets can be ordered through Porsche Exclusive! Upon insisting that I'm unaware of this and it can not be done from their website,she told me that I'm arguing for no reason and can be done 100%! She even gave me Melissa's email and I'll post it if it's ok...
I even mentioned that I thought they're not approved in the US yet,but seemed unfazed by my statement...
In the meantime....
Who will be the first to try? Looking forward to knowing the specific procedure and cost, and the proof of it actually being done before I give credibility to the rep statement. Doesn't pass the smell test to me. Good work neanicu!

Originally Posted by Z356

Quick Reply: GT3-NY Auto Show