Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche start listening to your customers, as BMW does.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 07:35 AM
Earlierapex
Three Wheelin'

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by 85Gold
You think they learned from the previous M5 fiasco in the USA

Peter
you mean the financial fiasco for BMW when everyone screamed and yelled about a manual in the e60 M5, BMW put one in the car and barely sold any?
Old 04-05-2013, 09:16 AM
LastMezger
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Mvez
The Porsche dealers across the country are ultimately who sold us out. The "voice" of the customer to Porsche is effectively our dealers, and I found out from my local dealer that they were given a "questionnaire" from Porsche about the manual transmission and how the customer would react to it going away. The dealers basically told Porsche not to worry about, and that they could sell more cars if it was PDK only, for no more reason than that they wanted to also sell more cars via the double clutch. It was greed on the part of all our dealers who ultimately sold us out. This came straight from the GM of my local dealer. Pretty upsetting actually.
Technically the dealers ARE their customers not the public.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:15 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 939 Likes on 544 Posts

Originally Posted by Earlierapex
you mean the financial fiasco for BMW when everyone screamed and yelled about a manual in the e60 M5, BMW put one in the car and barely sold any?
The plight of the enthusiast.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:14 PM
chris_berger1
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still can not grasp the concept that the GT3 of all cars is only available in PDK. I was planning to buy a new GT3 later this year as a retirement gift to myself for over 20 years in the Air Force, but it's not even an option now. Even the new Turbo is only PDK. In my opinion Porsche has lost it's way, and my faith. Porsche was always the motoring worlds rebel, but now they are just pretty Nissan's with a historic name and badge. With a new Carrera close to 100k, my money and loyalty will be looking at the Aston Martin Vantage for just a few bucks more.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:57 PM
fer2367
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With a new Carrera close to 100k, my money and loyalty will be looking at the Aston Martin Vantage for just a few bucks more.[/QUOTE]

I highly recommend you test before you buy it....the Aston looks nice, the rest of the driving experience is not so good.g

Quick Reply: Porsche start listening to your customers, as BMW does.