Sponsored by:

991 GT3 Videos - Post here

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 12:30 AM
Rushman71
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I know, there must be someone at Porsche that can stop the guys making this crap up from embarrassing themselves and the brand?
Your posts are hilarious. You're so threatened by this car with every one of your posts it's kind of sad. As the 991 GT3s fly by you on track, just keep telling yourself you're better because you don't have a screen.

Just face the fact your car is now old technology and that the world is leaving you behind and let the rest of us that don't get our entire identity defined by a car have a discussion not clogged up by your insecurity.

Steve (laughs at the "purism" ends with my generation cacklers every time a new car comes out)
Old 03-31-2013, 03:42 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rushman71
Your posts are hilarious. You're so threatened by this car with every one of your posts it's kind of sad. As the 991 GT3s fly by you on track, just keep telling yourself you're better because you don't have a screen.

Just face the fact your car is now old technology and that the world is leaving you behind and let the rest of us that don't get our entire identity defined by a car have a discussion not clogged up by your insecurity.

Steve (laughs at the "purism" ends with my generation cacklers every time a new car comes out)
This is the hilarious post as most of the PDK pushers still haven't posted any videos of them driving fast on the track. So actually going fast is a pipe dream and Porsche is the Sandman.

I believe there are zero GT3's (that we know of) that have lapped faster than Peter on similar tires at his home track.

Easy to talk trash, much harder to follow up on it. Let's see you pass him in a PDK GT3 before you act like it's a given.... Any of you pdk guys for that matter, let's see some videos. Lap times, ANYTHING.

But I'm sure I'll get what I always get, crickets, from the people who talk evolution and performance. Nothing to show for it...... I honestly don't get that. Many guys driving 20 seconds slower per lap than what their car will do, saying they just do it for fun, yet talking about max performance like they actually plan to use it......

Old 03-31-2013, 04:06 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
This is the hilarious post as most of the PDK pushers still haven't posted any videos of them driving fast on the track. So actually going fast is a pipe dream and Porsche is the Sandman.

I believe there are zero GT3's (that we know of) that have lapped faster than Peter on similar tires at his home track.

Easy to talk trash, much harder to follow up on it. Let's see you pass him in a PDK GT3 before you act like it's a given.... Any of you pdk guys for that matter, let's see some videos. Lap times, ANYTHING.

But I'm sure I'll get what I always get, crickets, from the people who talk evolution and performance. Nothing to show for it...... I honestly don't get that. Many guys driving 20 seconds slower per lap than what their car will do, saying they just do it for fun, yet talking about max performance like they actually plan to use it......

Exactly right wanna911... Rushmann71 pops out of the woodwork once a week, talks the talk but I'll be waiting for him to walk the walk... Highly doubt it though. If he can even afford a GT3, i look forward to his video at one of the many tracks Pete has run, running a faster lap...

Feel free to put your money where your mouth is buddy!

Ps. You hit the nail on the head with the statement in bold! Rushman in a nutshell it would seem...
Old 03-31-2013, 10:35 AM
993GT2
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice video:

http://917burger.blogspot.com.br/201...ts-pushed.html
Old 03-31-2013, 10:57 AM
blake
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rushman71
Says the lemming jumping off the cliff.... "If it is NEW, it MUST be better!"

LMAO!

I'll take a 4.0RS as old technology any day! (Heck, last time I checked a '73RS was in high demand.)

Don't feed the trolls (I know), but COME ON!
Old 03-31-2013, 12:20 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

I was hoping this thread would not degenerate into another 991 GT3 bashing thread but it looks like it will head in that direction too...

The intent was to have one place with all available info as a reference. As it stands right now all we have in the marketing info along with some poor interviews (WSJ for example), but there was useful info to be gleemed from them all abeit little.

The car is new, it's different . It takes away nothing from the previous generation which are all great cars in their own right.

Let's wait for the test drives and judge the car on it's own merit instead of bashing it based on speculation.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:48 PM
Polesitter
Rennlist Member

I don't really care if the 991 GT3 or its RS sibling is faster. It will be. The 991 cup will of course be paddles and faster than my 997 cup. (I'm told the new cup was nearly a full second quicker rolled off the truck untouched than a fully set up 997).

However, the last car on this list is my favorite to drive. It is 40 years old. It is nearly the slowest. Technology will march forward and the cars will get quicker, but not necessarily any more fun. The 4.0 is a keeper for the same reason the 73 is a keeper. That doesn't mean the 991 GT3 won't be a good car. I suspect it will be great. I also suspect it won't give you the same connection and mechanical purity as some of its more esteemed predecessors.

But in the interests of full disclosure, I have a deposit on a 991RS just in case. That said, it is highly unlikely to displace either of my existing RS's, regardless of a few seconds on the Nurburgring.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:14 PM
frayed
Race Car

Originally Posted by Polesitter
However, the last car on this list is my favorite to drive. It is 40 years old. It is nearly the slowest. Technology will march forward and the cars will get quicker, but not necessarily any more fun.
I feel the same way about my 964 Turbo. While only 19 years old it's based on ancient technology. Despite a completely rebuilt motor with upgraded internals, new carpet, redyed leather, and all original paint in pretty good condition, the problem with it is the same thing that gives it appeal. It feels vintage and feels very analog and mechanical, but those characteristics make it hard to live with on any sort of regular basis. It is ergonomically challenged, controls are stiff and unforgiving, air con sucks, and lighting is terrible. Even though it's prettier than any modern 911 (I've had 5 996s and 997s), it get used very rarely b/c of all its drawbacks.

Can the new GT3 provide enough of a connection to the driver yet still be usable in a way my 964 cannot? Hope so.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:40 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by Polesitter
I don't really care if the 991 GT3 or its RS sibling is faster. It will be. The 991 cup will of course be paddles and faster than my 997 cup. (I'm told the new cup was nearly a full second quicker rolled off the truck untouched than a fully set up 997).

However, the last car on this list is my favorite to drive. It is 40 years old. It is nearly the slowest. Technology will march forward and the cars will get quicker, but not necessarily any more fun. The 4.0 is a keeper for the same reason the 73 is a keeper. That doesn't mean the 991 GT3 won't be a good car. I suspect it will be great. I also suspect it won't give you the same connection and mechanical purity as some of its more esteemed predecessors.

But in the interests of full disclosure, I have a deposit on a 991RS just in case. That said, it is highly unlikely to displace either of my existing RS's, regardless of a few seconds on the Nurburgring.
right on bro
I'm with u on this one
Old 04-01-2013, 10:33 PM
aussie jimmy
Rennlist Member

the new car is a cross-breed.
ain't got much pedigree.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:39 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Default Pictures

White GT3 in the wild...
Attached Images   
Old 04-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Dan39
Racer

Originally Posted by Conekilr
White GT3 in the wild...
Love the black wheels but unfortunately those are not an option - I've asked to have them powder coated on arrival.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:43 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dan39
Love the black wheels but unfortunately those are not an option - I've asked to have them powder coated on arrival.
Not yet but maybe by the time they actually start making these, we may have a few more options, hopefully...

Old 04-04-2013, 01:10 AM
Nan P
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

The white GT3 looks great!
They've done a great job on styling, now I can't wait for a Chris Harris review....
Old 04-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Dan39
Racer

Originally Posted by Nan P
The white GT3 looks great!
They've done a great job on styling, now I can't wait for a Chris Harris review....
I want to see some group testing of the car against the 458 and the 12C. With a sub-7:30 ring time, it should be faster than the Ferrari (7:33) and competitive with the McLaren (7:28).

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 Videos - Post here