Mike
+2
Old 03-28-2013, 11:12 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche.collector
unremarkable..well yes and no..the wing is completely ugly..the side intake vents - although not final yet....the back looks too much GTr - ized.

this is the most ugly 911 turbo ever..991 standard and 991 GT3..look way better. The 4 exhaust tips..are just the tip of the iceberg.

991 GT3 looks way better..
Worst.
Porsche.
Ever?

Maybe someone can photochop this to read "Worst. Porsche. Ever." :

Last edited by Carrera GT; 03-29-2013 at 03:19 AM.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:44 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

The gap narrows between the TTT and the GT3
A more advanced AWD system will make the TTT relatively lighter and do more with PDK an dthe rest of the P options.

My guess optioned the same both PDK bot regular seats the TTT will be better for street driving and faster on the track. Both might have similar bumbness for a track car anyway, bot will be heavier than a C2S...

I'm sure the TTT price will be eye watering but this time it may be more clear if is worth a few extra dollars for those daily driving and do an occasional track day?
Old 03-28-2013, 01:46 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by StirlingMoss
I have read your post 10 times now and I still fail to see the logic.

...why not go even faster with same tuning and aero for some proper RS bullying?
The RS will run circles around the Turbo on a track.
I LOL pretty loud at this. I have a Turbo, and I run circles around GT3 RS from members from this forum at the track, but whos counting how many laps i lap them by.

p.s. my car weights 3180lbs with 1/2 tank of fuel. Full interior. Not to far off a 997.2 GT3/rs.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:00 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
I LOL pretty loud at this. I have a Turbo, and I run circles around GT3 RS from members from this forum at the track, but whos counting how many laps i lap them by.

p.s. my car weights 3180lbs with 1/2 tank of fuel. Full interior. Not to far off a 997.2 GT3/rs.
That's a light turbo. How the heck did you get that without losing the interior parts. Mine weights 3385 with full tank of gas and I've taken out the back seats and spare tire. Also has the standard audio system and not the upgraded bose.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:02 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Wanna911 knows his Turbo's and he has the fastest one, yet he has to deal with GTR's. they might pass him only to coold down the lap after, but they are still passing.

Um, no, the only GT-R's have turned faster laps than me are the one's with 800+ hp, slicks and Skeen or Keen driving. No GT-R has ever earned a point by from me.

What I can tell you is that if you look at the GT-R's crazy times (1:29 at Road Atlanta on MPSS, 1:56 at VIR on MPSS), a 996/997 TT is capable of the same with big HP and lots of DF. But you only get 3 laps if that at that pace.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:18 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Originally Posted by jumper5836
That's a light turbo. How the heck did you get that without losing the interior parts. Mine weights 3385 with full tank of gas and I've taken out the back seats and spare tire. Also has the standard audio system and not the upgraded bose.
-gt3 bucket seats ( saves a lot of weight)
- the fix rear wing mount i make( gets rid of hydraulic stuff)
-solid motor mounts (ligher then oem! every lb counts)
-my exhaust weights 15 lbs
-light wheels ( my fronts weight 19lbs and rears 21.5)
-lwfw
-no rear wiper..
etc...

theirs a lot of little things like that, that i have reduced, it all adds up. .. the neat thing is i have the drive ability of a Turbo and the track weapon of a GT3 + some.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:24 PM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

-lwfw
-no rear wiper..
etc...

theirs a lot of little things like that, that i have reduced, it all adds up. .. the neat thing is i have the drive ability of a Turbo and the track weapon of a GT3 + some.
Thanks. Looks like some GT3 seats should be on top of my list.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:28 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,722 Likes on 913 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
The gap narrows between the TTT and the GT3
A more advanced AWD system will make the TTT relatively lighter and do more with PDK an dthe rest of the P options.

My guess optioned the same both PDK bot regular seats the TTT will be better for street driving and faster on the track. Both might have similar bumbness for a track car anyway, bot will be heavier than a C2S...

I'm sure the TTT price will be eye watering but this time it may be more clear if is worth a few extra dollars for those daily driving and do an occasional track day?
Just grab one of these, throw a chip in it and your done for a fraction of the cost. Think of it as extra beer money....

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/28/s...new-york-2013/
Old 03-28-2013, 02:30 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

-lwfw
-no rear wiper..
etc...

There's not a lot left to take out without "de-contenting" the car. A light battery, light headlights, carpet, door panels. I take it there's no cage?
What kind of times are you running consistently at Laguna, Sears, Thunderhill for a given tire?
Old 03-28-2013, 02:48 PM
P_collector
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Worst.
Porsche.
Ever?

Maybe someone can photochop this to read "Worst. Porsche. Ever." :

Good sense of humor..I like that
Old 03-28-2013, 03:05 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jumper5836
Thanks. Looks like some GT3 seats should be on top of my list.
Seats should be one of the first things on your list, if not for weight, but bolstering on the track and harnesses. It's a huge weight savings though.

Buy a used main carpet for cheap online, peel and shave the bottom insulation off of it and put it in. 25lbs gone. I did this before I decided to go the lightweight route vs the big hp route.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:12 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
There's not a lot left to take out without "de-contenting" the car. A light battery, light headlights, carpet, door panels. I take it there's no cage?
What kind of times are you running consistently at Laguna, Sears, Thunderhill for a given tire?
Correct. Not much to be done on weight department. I have been focused on aero for the last year. I have been finding a good balance with aero bits, and i'm just finalizing my last mod. The goal with the car is a good DD but great canyon car and very capable track car ( I find tracks boring after a few times). My times at LS are 1:37s in traffic( this was this past Feb, with my alignment way off, according to TCD) , and thill 1:55's in traffic.. With my new front splitter revised i'm hoping to shave a 1 second from both. We shall see April 27th at thill !

p.s. yes on light battery already. I have the Porsche bolt on rear cage.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:01 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
On street tires. On the fat and sticky RS 3.8/4.0 MPSC 245/325, the 997TTS would drop 5-7 secs from that 7:32 lap, lapping faster than the 4.0RS.

We have a local 997TTS running on Hoosiers, and it cleans the clock of everything on a racetrack with an intermediate driver.

VW handicaps the 997TTS with crappy tires.
Don't let the cat out of the bag that the Turbo can go faster then the 3's.

Ah right the 3's are all about feel. I have a gut feeling the new 991 3' VW beetle wont be able to say that anymore
Old 03-28-2013, 04:06 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,709 Likes on 2,686 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
We have a local 997TTS running on Hoosiers, and it cleans the clock of everything on a racetrack with an intermediate driver.
I wonder if Hoosiers are totally safe for the integrated dry-sump 9A1? I have a suspicion that the new TTS (if not also the TT or TTT, whatever) will use a turbocharged verison of the new dry-sump GT3 motor. Some slicks on a new TTS should be incredibly fast on track (especially where I live at high altitude).

Quick Reply: What do we know about the 991TTT?