Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Video: Interesting Transmission approach from Koenigsegg

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 12:11 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

CGT, anything over 3500lbs is useless on track.
3300lbs is iffy.

So just talking street driving. The CL hides its weight better than anything I've driven. I managed to fit 305 MPSC on the rear and with ABC leaning into the corner it's fun to squirt and be wherever you were looking at a second ago. A 600Hp GTR for example..

If I'm not going to take it to the track, AMG cars wvare my favorites. Too bad the C63 does not come with ventilated seats and the 65 engine only comes in the CL an S.

I'm thorn between the much lighter and cheaper NA E63 and the Turbo newer E and CL but its the engine and gearbox (Ok and my local Palm Beach MB mechanic that worked for MB Munich who knows how to max out CPO benefits) that makes these cars fun. The CL is beautiful inside and out, the E is the ugly stepchild of all MB's the last 10 years..
Old 03-21-2013, 12:34 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
CGT, anything over 3500lbs is useless on track.
3300lbs is iffy.

So just talking street driving. The CL hides its weight better than anything I've driven. I managed to fit 305 MPSC on the rear and with ABC leaning into the corner it's fun to squirt and be wherever you were looking at a second ago. A 600Hp GTR for example..

If I'm not going to take it to the track, AMG cars wvare my favorites. Too bad the C63 does not come with ventilated seats and the 65 engine only comes in the CL an S.

I'm thorn between the much lighter and cheaper NA E63 and the Turbo newer E and CL but its the engine and gearbox (Ok and my local Palm Beach MB mechanic that worked for MB Munich who knows how to max out CPO benefits) that makes these cars fun. The CL is beautiful inside and out, the E is the ugly stepchild of all MB's the last 10 years..
If you can afford it get the W212 E63 Twin Turbo. I heard it can be easily tuned to insane numbers in terms of power and torque,plus it's the first year the AMG division did the ENTIRE car from scratch. This is one thing that always puzzled me about AMG : they would take an E320,ok let's not say E320,but an E430 body and engine,throw a different grill,bumper,roll the fenders,different skirts,different heads and exhaust system,use all the luxury items on the list and call it E55...or later an E550 into an E63,but you get my point...
I drive an old school E55 and I simply love that thing but it handles like a boat...
Or better yet,wait till next year and get the W212 E63 twin turbo 4matic,it will probably handle beautifully!

Quick Reply: Video: Interesting Transmission approach from Koenigsegg